Weed still potent after making tincture?

Grassmaster

I make tincture with various strains of autoflowers I have grown. I typically put 2 ounces of weed with a bottle (3 cups ) of at least 151 proof to 190 proof grain alcohol. I decarboxylate the weed then put it in My Magic Butter Machine for 4 hours at 160 degrees setting for tincture.
I experimented with some of my cheap friends and gave them the leftover weed after it had been used in the machine. They report that it still gets them High? One of them is a hard core stoner? Maybe I'm not using enough alcohol and it's saturated? I've seen one guy on YouTube make hash using the cold ice method, he tested the weed and it still contained more THC than he thought it would ever have?

So I guess what I'm trying to say is. Don't throw away the left over weed after you're done extracting. Because it still is likely loaded with cannabiniods.

I make tincture with various strains of autoflowers I have grown. I typically put 2 ounces of weed with a bottle (3 cups ) of at least 151 proof to 190 proof grain alcohol. I decarboxylate the weed then put it in My Magic Butter Machine for 4 hours at 160 degrees setting for tincture.
I experimented with some of my cheap friends and gave them the leftover weed after it had been used in the machine. They report that it still gets them High? One of them is a hard core stoner? Maybe I'm not using enough alcohol and it's saturated? I've seen one guy on YouTube make hash using the cold ice method, he tested the weed and it still contained more THC than he thought it would ever have?

So I guess what I'm trying to say is. Don't throw away the left over weed after you're done extracting. Because it still is likely loaded with cannabiniods.

I do the freezer/Everclear method for my tincture and I've examined the flower after extraction using my trichome microscope and the amount of remaining trichome material is substantial. I take care of my brother, who smokes weed, and unbeknownst to him, will mix the extracted/stripped bud in with his regular stash. No complaints. I myself ingest half a gram stripped material, 2 ml tinc , mixed in a 4oz. cup of yogurt 2 hours before lights out. And I do mean lights out. In short, DO NOT DISCARD!

Attachments

• DSCN0093.JPG
    DSCN0093.JPG
    664.5 KB · Views: 883
  • DSCN0861.JPG
    DSCN0861.JPG
    370.5 KB · Views: 764
  • DSCN1738.JPG
    DSCN1738.JPG
    372 KB · Views: 787
  • DSCN0872.JPG
    DSCN0872.JPG
    479.9 KB · Views: 1,272
  • DSCN0113 (2).JPG
    DSCN0113 (2).JPG
    814.9 KB · Views: 787
I had a similar experience with this. Someone was talking about making bubble hash, and then using the left over trim mix for edibles. I decided to see how many trichomes were left on the material after making a run, and it was loads! I ended up making some infused coconut oil with it that isn't much use for my advanced tolerance, but is doing good things for some friends. Makes me wonder how much I've thrown away in the past

I can definitely see using the leftovers for a second run to make stuff for people with lower tolerances, or if you already have a decent buzz and just need a little to get you over the edge. I like eating edibles and work much better when I eat them but if I had a lower (or half dose) then it would be even better during work but at home I like the full strength effect!

I can definitely see using the leftovers for a second run to make stuff for people with lower tolerances, or if you already have a decent buzz and just need a little to get you over the edge. I like eating edibles and work much better when I eat them but if I had a lower (or half dose) then it would be even better during work but at home I like the full strength effect!
I also consider myself to be one of the ones with a higher tolerance though, haven been smoking large amounts for over a decade, it’s nothing for me and one or 2 other friends to kill off an eight or a quarter in one sitting

Probably good for making cannabis cigarettes. So smokers can cut down on the deadly cigarettes and smoke these instead. But it won't be as potent. So you can smoke the whole thing without getting higher than what you want.

Maybe I'm using too much weed and it's saturating the alcohol beyond what it can absorb? I might drop down to 1 ounce of weed and run the machine for 8 hours instead of 4? I'm using 3cups of 150 to 190 proof grain alcohol.

Maybe I'm using too much weed and it's saturating the alcohol beyond what it can absorb? I might drop down to 1 ounce of weed and run the machine for 8 hours instead of 4? I'm using 3cups of 150 to 190 proof grain alcohol.
I recently purchased the mbm
And did the settings it suggested.
I however did infuse my first batch with an ounce I left in the freezer in everclear for a few weeks and the difference was night and day.
Let me know what your results are ! I want to use this machine to the best of its ability

I however did infuse my first batch with an ounce I left in the freezer in everclear for a few weeks and the difference was night and day.
Let me know what your results are ! I want to use this machine to the best of its ability

So it's much stronger if you put it in the freezer with grain alcohol for a month. Then cycle it in the MBM for 4-8 hours?

I just made a tincture with 151 Everclear and trim using the freezer method: decarbed at 240 for an hour then into the Everclear 151. Put that in the freezer for 5 days and shook it two times a day. Strained it through cheese cloth and when I looked at the trim, a lot was still covered in trichs. Should I let it then sit out for maybe a couple of weeks to get the last or just save it and maybe make another batch? I haven't tested it, so no idea the potency, but should all the trichs dissolve at some point?

Looking at what I strained, there are definitely a ton of what looks like sugar crystals in it, which I'm assuming are the trichs?

I just made a tincture with 151 Everclear and trim using the freezer method: decarbed at 240 for an hour then into the Everclear 151. Put that in the freezer for 5 days and shook it two times a day. Strained it through cheese cloth and when I looked at the trim, a lot was still covered in trichs. Should I let it then sit out for maybe a couple of weeks to get the last or just save it and maybe make another batch? I haven't tested it, so no idea the potency, but should all the trichs dissolve at some point?

Looking at what I strained, there are definitely a ton of what looks like sugar crystals in it, which I'm assuming are the trichs?

Jajunk - I use the 190 Everclear and have examined the extracted bud and like you, found that there is still an abundance of unstripped trichs. I mix it half and half w/ fresh bud and give it to my brother, the smoker, on the down low. No complaints what so ever. I myself ingest one gram of the extracted bud w/ 2ml of tincture, mixed in a cup of yogurt every night 2 hours before bedtime. Your extracted bud may be even more potent because of the 151 proof. You could press it for rosin, screen it for kief or smoke it. I don't think it would be cost effective to extract again.

My friend had a sore shoulder. Needed something that would get rid of it once and for all. So I gave him a dropper (less than 1/4 teaspoon) of my AK-48 tincture (190 proof). It cured his shoulder pain but he got way to high, for a very long time.:cheesygrinsmiley:

I like to take tincture and play my guitar for hours way better than when straight.

Can you explain which was better? the freezer (which I use myself and it is great) or the magic butter?. Thanks in advance

So it's much stronger if you put it in the freezer with grain alcohol for a month. Then cycle it in the MBM for 4-8 hours?
Thanks so much, I have had wonderful product from the freezer method very consistent, but was tempted to purchase the MBM but might just hold off for a while now.

There's a way to make tincture without having to go through a bunch of bull shit. It's easier and takes a hell of a lot less time. Plus it's just as potent I promise ya.
Step 1: decarb your weed at 275 until you just start to smell it and it's a nice golden color
Step 2: pour it into a Mason jar
Step 3: put your vegetable glycerin or grain alcohol, whichever floats ya boat, in the microwave for 30 seconds (heating it helps the extraction process even more)
Step 4: pour your glycerin or alcohol into the jar with ya weed, screw the lid on and shake it every 20 - 30 minutes. 24 hours later you've got tincture that's just as potent I promise ya. That's my process and I've had zero complaints so far. I use it to treat my mom's seizures and Parkinson's disease. I use it for my migraines and PTSD.
PS, moonshine works even better if ya can get your hands on it

Back
Top Bottom