Weed tea recipe problems

EdNope13

I've been researching every online weed site and forum I can find. I've tried several weed tea recipes and have had "some" luck. So, here's my recipe AND my questions (based on currently available weed tea recipes online):

First, my recipe:

1. I put 2-2.5 grams of ground weed (using a $10 grinder) into a low boiling (212 degrees??) pot of water (2 cups) with a tablespoon of real butter.

2. I let the weed tea boil, covered, on low-medium (setting '4' on my electric stove) for 20-25 minutes.

3. I add a little sweet n low and coffee creamer and drink all the tea at once, and eat/drink the ground up weed, too.

Decarb question -

If decarboxylation is necessary (220 - 250 degrees for 40-45 minutes), how do people get by putting boiling water over a (weed) tea bag and letting it steep for 5-10 minutes?

Should I decarb my weed in the oven first?

Preparation question -

Many tea recipes say, "don't let the water boil down to nothing - if necessary, add more water so you don't boil it dry". Really?? Where does your THC go when you've boiled the water down to nothing? Simply adding water won't help you get strong tea, since you've boiled out most of the THC and water. Someone please explain this to me.

Basically, every weed tea I've tried has contradicting information, so I've just been experimenting with weed amounts (never less than 1.5 grams, as high as 3 grams in one cup of tea), cooking times, and temperatures.

Does ANYONE have a tried and true weed tea recipe that they can share (and that doesn't have contradictory details or incorrect information?

One more thing, my weed is potent, so it's not a matter of low quality bud.

Thanks in advance.

I love Turmeric Cannabis tea. I start out with a Turmeric tea recipe:
Turmeric Tea (Golden Milk) - 5 Minute Recipe | Wellness Mama

Scroll down the page until you get to Option 1: Dry Turmeric Tea Mix. I Prep the dry mix per the link above and store in a mason jar.

1. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil
2. Add 2 tsp of the dry turmeric tea mix.
3. Add 1 tsp either olive oil or coconut oil. Sometimes I've used 2 tsp. ( Organic Extra Virgin)
4. Add 1/4 tsp dried cannabis flower. I am using flowers harvested in May of 2015 from an Auto Blue Mystic. So they're pretty aged. I don't know how much decarboxylation happens over a 2 year period. I have also used decarboxylated flower.
5. Boil vigoriously for 10 minutes. If you're a little more patient than me you can go 12-14 minutes.
6. Pour in a cup. I throw some ice cubes in the pot and swirl around for a moment and pour the melted ice water into my mug.
Optional:
Add a bit of honey.

On my stove and small saucepan the water typically boils down to 1 cup after 10 minutes. So keep an eye on it. Many recipes say to add more water. I never wanted to do that because I didn't want the water to stop boiling. So I just make sure I have enough to start with so I end up with enough to drink without burning my house down.

The dry turmeric mix is:
1/2 cup turmeric powder
1/4 cup cinnamon powder
2 tsp ground black pepper
1-2 TBSP ground ginger

Results for me:
If I drink the tea before dinner the medicine takes effect in 45 minutes. If I drink it after dinner it takes upwards of 5 hours! Once I woke up in the middle of the night and said to myself "oh good, it finally kicked in, it wasn't a waste" Then I fell back to sleep.

I only tried my tea once when I was already high and I didn't notice the effects, but I was a bit groggy the next morning.

When I was first starting I only used 1/8 tsp of dried decarboxylated flower. Now I've settled on 1/4 tsp, sometimes a heaping spoon if it's Friday... Mileage may vary.

Back
Top Bottom