Weed Use After Vaporizer

I posted a similar question about using vaped weed for edibles a while ago, and the general consensus was that because vaporizers are so efficient not much thc is left afterwards. Nevertheless, I have a few grams of it saved and might try to make some cannabutter later on.

I'm sure the answer depends on a lot of factors: what kind of vaporizer are you using? How far do you go with it? How much vaped weed do you have to use? What were you thinking of using if for? I hope that you're not trying to re-sell it, but cooking might be an option.

I have never used one, but I have heard that the metal plate-style conduction vaps tend to burn your weed, and you can't do much with ashes. On the other hand, if you have a vaporbrothers box-style one or are a lucky bastard with a volcano ;), the weed is not usually burnt but then it depends on how high you set the temp and how many hits you take.

When I use my vaporbros, I normally stop when there is no more vapor after exhaling or when it begins to taste like popcorn. This generally means the weed is a light greenish brown. Other people may continue until all the weed is completely brown. If there is still some green left, I say go for it! :headbanger:

Make olive oil.. save up your vape left overs.. put in bottom of small sauce pan.. put enough EVOO in pan to just cover left overs.. simmer oil, do not let it boil.. stirring occasionally.. one hour is all you need. Will be strong odors.. no way around it.

Let oil cool.. drain through screen, then through cheese cloth, then through silk screen if you wish. Store in dark glass container. Take 2-3 tablespoons straight.. just gulp it down or use in cooking. Takes up to 2 hours to feel dose and may last up to 8 hours.

I use this procedure all the time.. recycling is the best. Enjoy. :peace: :cheesygrinsmiley:

SKIP TO BELOW THE ASTERISKS FOR THE STRAIGHT INFO...sorry if my background story is too long...just thought it would provide more insight...

wow. so ive definitely read through thousands of posts & always had something to say but never wanted to sign up just because of the risks of being linked to info like this. i even live in cali & do NOT have a Rx card for the same reasons. im one of those dudes that doesnt want info to be out there about me...but ive done some research (along with doing research in a chem lab @ a university in westwood...not THC related, but definitely some useful lab techniques & chemistry-related info from that is applicable to this subject) and i cannot contain myself any longer...so i broke down & signed up for an account because more people have to know about this - knowledge is infinite & spreads like fire!!!

other background info about me:

1. i have a volcano vape that i use (increase the heat bag-by-bag until its at the max - some people think this is as good as smoking, but my ganja is NEVER black nor shows any signs of combustion after these sessions...so i think its OK)

2. i just bought a magic flight launch box that im excited about & waiting for it to come in the mail (i plan on using my judgement about vaping out of the MFLB...i will put the post-vape in my "recyclables" container when i feel that i would rather work on vaping a new batch than worrying about the current one, as there is no dial setting like my volcano...thats what i PLAN on doing...so hopefully thats a good gameplan)

3. i hate wasting ANYTHING. whether it be ganja, food, money, or even time. one of the reasons i started vaping was to make the most out of my starting materials

anyways (long intro)...sorry if its too much info. YES it is true that you can use a high-percentage alcohol to extract THC, however, it tends to pick up other things, like the chlorophyll pigment, fertilizers, other contaminants (contaminants are not necessarily poisons, just non-THC substances) - which are unwanted ingredients in your extraction, if left to soak for too long. but, on the other hand, who knows whether the QWISO method extracts the most THC possible...like i said, i HATE wasting...

so, this is a way to get the most THC out of your post-vape material while avoiding the bullshit:

1. wait for some time to save up a nice amount of post vape (use your judgement - theres no official amount)...more = more.

2. put it in a pantyhose or something that will keep it together while separating it from its surroundings. if you wish to not use a pantyhose, just note that you will end up doing more straining & ultimately more work.

3. immerse it in water (NOT HOT & NOT COLD - just regular temperature water)...this will "wash" the ganja without removing its THC since THC is not soluble in room-temperature water. this step is called "curing" and is a good way to get rid of a lot of unwanted substances.

4. discard the old water & replace it with fresh water once a day for a whole week. doing this will be sure to rid your product of a lot of unwanted chlorophyll and other substances. renewing the water makes sure that the ganja is not just sitting there in a pool of its own waste. by waiting a day to change the water each time gives the water a good amount of time to remove waste.

5. after a week of soaking it in daily-renewed water, spread the ganja out & dry (with a food dehydrator, blow-dryer, your oven, a fan, your farts, or whatever you can use without blowing it away too much). make sure it is nice & dry from the water so it doesnt get moldy & all of the water is gone.

6. after it is dry, put it in the freezer for about 3 hours (use your own judgement)

7. while it is still cold, soak it in a nice grade alcohol. 99% is hard to find out here in socal grocery stores/pharmacies, so i just use a 91%...that pretty much means there is 9% water in the rest of it (which has a higher boiling point & takes a bit longer to evaporate off).

8. mix, swirl, & mash up your alcohol/ganja combination & store in a sealed GLASS bottle in a dark area for 3 - 6 days (use your judgement & it depends on how patient you can be). do not use plastic because a lot of plastics can become corroded by high-grade alcohols. remember to shake it up every once in a while. you can keep the sealed bottle in a double-layer of brown paper bags or under your bed or whatever. pretty much keep it away from sunlight (& your mom!).

9. now, since all the chlorophyll & waste is already removed (from the water), it does not really matter how long it is stored in alcohol for. so all you gotta do now is strain it, NOW throw away your post-vape ganja, & work on evaporating your alcohol in a WELL VENTILATED AREA. you can use the fan under most kitchen sinks to let most of the alcohol vapors safely escape. you can use a rice-cooker (keep it outside & the lid off).

10. what you will end up with is a NICE COLORED THC OIL. it wont be dark, thick, & full of chlorophyll...what is left is pretty much PURE THC.

it may be time consuming, but that is how to get the MOST THC out of your post vape.

QUICK SUMMARY:

1. soak up post vape in H2O, refreshing the H2O every day for 1 week.
2. dry the post vape somewhat quickly so mold doesnt fester
3. freeze the post vape
4. soak it in high-grade alcohol, store in a dark place, & agitate it often
5. strain the post vape from the alcohol & discard the post vape
6. SAFELY evaporate the alcohol
7. ENJOY!!!

sorry for the full-length of it, but i figured some people may appreciate the science behind why each step is critical...let me know how it turns out.

give it a shot...what have you got to lose anyways? post vape!??!!??!

For the people with access to a only a community kitchen tha cannot be safely used, is there anyway to make something in a microwave?

if you can't use the kitchen don't use the microwave the smell will last inside for some time.If you don't want to hear about it daily try something else. :peace:

IMPORTANT EDIT: please make sure that you use a high percentage ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL or another nonpolar solvent that you know of to be safe & residue-free (id stick to isopropyl alcohol since its cheap & easy). but i havent read this posting in a while so please make sure that you consult or find a friend or someone who is familiar with this before you do this yourself if you are a beginner. also remember to thoroughly dry your stuff after youre finished with the water step. there is also a discussion out there (not made by me) if you google "water curing..." that may be helpful if you cant understand how i explain it.
or see this video here (not made by me): ‪Dr. Jonny's "How to increase the THC of your Harvest"‬‏ - YouTube

SKIP TO BELOW THE ASTERISKS FOR THE STRAIGHT INFO...sorry if my background story is too long...just thought it would provide more insight...

wow. so ive definitely read through thousands of posts & always had something to say but never wanted to sign up just because of the risks of being linked to info like this. i even live in cali & do NOT have a Rx card for the same reasons. im one of those dudes that doesnt want info to be out there about me...but ive done some research (along with doing research in a chem lab @ a university in westwood...not THC related, but definitely some useful lab techniques & chemistry-related info from that is applicable to this subject) and i cannot contain myself any longer...so i broke down & signed up for an account because more people have to know about this - knowledge is infinite & spreads like fire!!!

other background info about me:

1. i have a volcano vape that i use (increase the heat bag-by-bag until its at the max - some people think this is as good as smoking, but my ganja is NEVER black nor shows any signs of combustion after these sessions...so i think its OK)

2. i just bought a magic flight launch box that im excited about & waiting for it to come in the mail (i plan on using my judgement about vaping out of the MFLB...i will put the post-vape in my "recyclables" container when i feel that i would rather work on vaping a new batch than worrying about the current one, as there is no dial setting like my volcano...thats what i PLAN on doing...so hopefully thats a good gameplan)

3. i hate wasting ANYTHING. whether it be ganja, food, money, or even time. one of the reasons i started vaping was to make the most out of my starting materials

anyways (long intro)...sorry if its too much info. YES it is true that you can use a high-percentage alcohol to extract THC, however, it tends to pick up other things, like the chlorophyll pigment, fertilizers, other contaminants (contaminants are not necessarily poisons, just non-THC substances) - which are unwanted ingredients in your extraction, if left to soak for too long. but, on the other hand, who knows whether the QWISO method extracts the most THC possible...like i said, i HATE wasting...

so, this is a way to get the most THC out of your post-vape material while avoiding the bullshit:

1. wait for some time to save up a nice amount of post vape (use your judgement - theres no official amount)...more = more.

2. put it in a pantyhose or something that will keep it together while separating it from its surroundings. if you wish to not use a pantyhose, just note that you will end up doing more straining & ultimately more work.

3. immerse it in water (NOT HOT & NOT COLD - just regular temperature water)...this will "wash" the ganja without removing its THC since THC is not soluble in room-temperature water. this step is called "curing" and is a good way to get rid of a lot of unwanted substances.

4. discard the old water & replace it with fresh water once a day for a whole week. doing this will be sure to rid your product of a lot of unwanted chlorophyll and other substances. renewing the water makes sure that the ganja is not just sitting there in a pool of its own waste. by waiting a day to change the water each time gives the water a good amount of time to remove waste.

5. after a week of soaking it in daily-renewed water, spread the ganja out & dry (with a food dehydrator, blow-dryer, your oven, a fan, your farts, or whatever you can use without blowing it away too much). make sure it is nice & dry from the water so it doesnt get moldy & all of the water is gone.

6. after it is dry, put it in the freezer for about 3 hours (use your own judgement)

7. while it is still cold, soak it in a nice grade alcohol. 99% is hard to find out here in socal grocery stores/pharmacies, so i just use a 91%...that pretty much means there is 9% water in the rest of it (which has a higher boiling point & takes a bit longer to evaporate off).

8. mix, swirl, & mash up your alcohol/ganja combination & store in a sealed GLASS bottle in a dark area for 3 - 6 days (use your judgement & it depends on how patient you can be). do not use plastic because a lot of plastics can become corroded by high-grade alcohols. remember to shake it up every once in a while. you can keep the sealed bottle in a double-layer of brown paper bags or under your bed or whatever. pretty much keep it away from sunlight (& your mom!).

9. now, since all the chlorophyll & waste is already removed (from the water), it does not really matter how long it is stored in alcohol for. so all you gotta do now is strain it, NOW throw away your post-vape ganja, & work on evaporating your alcohol in a WELL VENTILATED AREA. you can use the fan under most kitchen sinks to let most of the alcohol vapors safely escape. you can use a rice-cooker (keep it outside & the lid off).

10. what you will end up with is a NICE COLORED THC OIL. it wont be dark, thick, & full of chlorophyll...what is left is pretty much PURE THC.

it may be time consuming, but that is how to get the MOST THC out of your post vape.

QUICK SUMMARY:

1. soak up post vape in H2O, refreshing the H2O every day for 1 week.
2. dry the post vape somewhat quickly so mold doesnt fester
3. freeze the post vape
4. soak it in high-grade alcohol, store in a dark place, & agitate it often
5. strain the post vape from the alcohol & discard the post vape
6. SAFELY evaporate the alcohol
7. ENJOY!!!

sorry for the full-length of it, but i figured some people may appreciate the science behind why each step is critical...let me know how it turns out.

give it a shot...what have you got to lose anyways? post vape!??!!??!

For the people with access to a only a community kitchen tha cannot be safely used, is there anyway to make something in a microwave?

Well you could use a crock pot. Since they are portable find a place that's private and your in business. :peace:

Using a crock pot for cannabutter is truly the best option. It allows for heating and cooling, which is vital for making it really potent. And it is very portable, you can pass it around to your friends so everyone can make some cannabutter to have on hand.

Back
Top Bottom