Weed Wars TV Show Explores the Fascinating World of Medical Cannabis This December

Re: Weed Wars TV Show Explores the Fascinating World of Medical Cannabis This Decembe

Other than the fact that they've historically fought fang and claw against every single health warning, that they learned LONG before such were required that they had a dangerous product and kept the information private, that they have been caught making efforts to make their products even more addictive than they naturally were, that they have marketed their product with cutesy cartoon icons and the like that were designed to catch the eye and garner the business of kids and other groups who might be hard-wired to not believe any warnings about a product that are given to them by people who use those products themselves (or who just tend to do whatever their elders tell them not to), the fact that - again, historically - whenever they've been sued and found themselves unable to quash the suits, they've used delaying tactics until the plaintiffs died, and that if you write them and explain that you started smoking at an early age when you honestly didn't know any better and have found yourself unable to permanently quit regardless of the means you tried and that you'd like some help... that you receive a form-letter that politely tells you to go fuck yourself?

I agree that the tobacco companies did everything they could to maximize their profits much of it was lowdown, underhanded, illegal, and just plain wrong. All a historical fact. Now the tobacco compinies are so heavily regulated and monitored that they have very little wiggle room to pull the stunts the did in the past. Now the dangers of tobacco use are so well publicized and so well known that if a person continues to smoke or decides to start smoking it is not the tobacco companies fault.

But let's stay on topic.

They could not get Al Capone any other way except by income tax evasion. He was never 'allowed' to operate openly, and he never filed his taxes in the first place.

With Harborside, they are a criminal enterprise according to the feds, yet they allow them to operate in the open as long as they pay the incredible tax burden. By allowing them to operate at all the feds are actually sanctioning their business.

And one more thing. The guy with the glasses stated on Bill O'Reilly earlier this week that they(Harborside) did not want marijuana legalized for recreational use.
That statement seems rather self serving for an MMJ business.

Re: Weed Wars TV Show Explores the Fascinating World of Medical Cannabis This Decembe

To see the weed wars live an in person, come to an actual marijuana trial going on right now.

One way to stop police harassment is to show up and support us at court this week (Dec 5 - Dec 10)

We fill the court and protest everyday, showing solidarity for Joe Grumbine (google his name) and the cause. Come join us at the Long Beach Court house everyday this week at 9:00am, look for the folks with green ribbons, you can't miss us. It's at 415 Ocean Dr. in Long Beach. (google "Long Beach Court house" for a map) We'll be there, will you?

And one more thing. The guy with the glasses stated on Bill O'Reilly earlier this week that they(Harborside) did not want marijuana legalized for recreational use.
That statement seems rather self serving for an MMJ business.

It's one of those statements that one could spin in a few different ways, depending on the context (which, as I did not see the clip, I cannot directly comment on).

Yes, it seems self-serving on the face of it; his business is obviously going to perform much better if cannabis is legalized for medicinal purposes but not for recreational use (well, actually, that could go either way). And I have read that many dealers voted against Proposition 19 because they would rather make a high profit selling an "illegal" product than to make a much lower profit selling one that every adult in the state could legally grow - or purchase on the open market - themselves. Then again, I can think of a number of medicines which I would not want to see legalized for recreational use (the fact that I have in the past used many of them recreationally is probably neither here nor there, lol). Although I most definitely do NOT feel that way about cannabis, I can not with 100% certainty say that the person's comment was not a self-serving one based on greed and/or meant to show that he is trying to follow medicinal cannabis laws both in practice and intent (although I do think it likely).

Although I've mentioned it before in passing, I try not to be too vocal about it because I do understand that cannabis has medicinal use and respect those who use it for that purpose (as I do, myself). But it has seemed to me that at times the "legalize for medicinal use" movement has been somewhat detrimental to the "just legalize it" movement. I sometimes wonder... If cannabis had not been legalized (in any state) for medicinal use, would we be far closer to full legalization for adult use? In just about any situation where human beings are concerned, there will be some degree of fraud. So I don't suppose claims that some have taken advantage of the medicinal laws with bogus claims - or at least very minor ones, such as a painful hangnail... Or more likely, a temporary condition, say something that lasts six or eight weeks that a person uses to get a cannabis card that is good for a year (which they use for the entire year) or...? I have heard it said that if a person wants to use recreationally, all they have to do is move to California. And while I think that's heavily exaggerated, there is probably some degree of truth to it. How hard will the average person fight for legalization if they can just get a medicinal card? Add to that the large number of people across the nation who use it legitimately for medicinal reasons. Would more of them become activists for full legalization if that were the only means for them to medicate? Almost certainly, I suspect. <SHRUGS> But I would not wish to take their medicine away from them.

The context of the statement that I'll paraphrase..'We don't want marijuana legalized for recreational use'. was made to O'Reilly when O'Reilly was pressing the issue that med mj was a ruse to allow the legal recreational use of pot. It was almost if it was said by accident as it was surely not scripted. I did not spin this in any direction. I just reported acurrately what I heard and saw.
I have no ill feelings towards the DAngelos and hope they continue their success. I am a legitimate med mj and did not really use mj until I could obtain it legally. Now, I believe that mj should be available to anybody of legal age who chooses to use it.

The context of the statement that I'll paraphrase..'We don't want marijuana legalized for recreational use'. was made to O'Reilly when O'Reilly was pressing the issue that med mj was a ruse to allow the legal recreational use of pot.

Ok. I can see that happening.

I watched this first episode last night it was the only one i could find online, it blew my mind the whole scene of the dispensaries was extremly hard to bring to reality, im ready to pack my bags now.

Back
Top Bottom