WeedSeedsExpress Godfather OG In LOS Scrogged & Cored

My pumpkin seed oil came yesterday. Do you think since I made the oil so thc heavy, 30 grams into 2 cups, that it would benefit us to cut it with some?
I use more than 30g in 2 cups all the time, so I wouldn't dilute it. And I don't think that the amount of THC has an effect on the consistency. I just find that my GSO is greasier than my GSO/PSO combo.
I wanted to suggest you try it before diluting it.
This ↑
Have you used it like I am?
I do! Back of the neck and the MDR.

I prefer my mix of 50/50 grapeseed oil and pumpkin seed oil. GSO is easy to find but the PSO comes from Amazon so I need to remember to order it before I need it.

Just my personal preference though. Some folks like GSO and Amy like sweet almond oil as well. I'll probably order some of that just to get a feel for its consistency.
And how much good bud weight would you put into it?

I always shoot for 15mg/ml of THC, and I used the same target with my test batch of CBD topical.

Here is an example using the MB machine:
15% THC (estimated)
473.176ml oil (aka 2 cups)
57g bud
85% production efficiency
will get you to 15.36mg/ml THC

If you're doing a blend of different strains (THC and/or CBD), OldBear's calculator will handle three at a time.

I always shoot for 15mg/ml of THC, and I used the same target with my test batch of CBD topical.

Here is an example using the MB machine:
15% THC (estimated)
473.176ml oil (aka 2 cups)
57g bud
85% production efficiency
will get you to 15.36mg/ml THC

If you're doing a blend of different strains (THC and/or CBD), OldBear's calculator will handle three at a time.
Appreciate that! Got it, thanks Shed! I might have to rerun it with backup.

Highya SO, ITS, guys,

I'm just getting back to it.

Yes, my knees are going bad, so I rub a good bit into them and cures the trouble for a couple days. Seems to work on muscle pain. I also use on my hands when necessary (arthritis). Works like a charm. Takes 10-15 minutes to penetrate.

57 grams is approx 2 oz. which is what I use now. I just made a batch of oil that finished today, so in a day ot two, I can finish this conversation, lol.

Also, I used one fourth as much beeswax as oil, and that was perfect for the ointment. Happy Smokin'

went heavy in high thc and some cbd weeds.
I’ve been doing this myself of late.

My recipe you probably saw is based on 1g bud per ounce of oil (Comes from Dave Groomers original recipe around here some years back). Easy to remember. It works for me and other folks at that strength but I have also doubled it to very good effect.

how much good bud weight would you put into it?
always shoot for 15mg/ml of THC, and I used the same target with my test batch of CBD topical.

So, otter, that would involve doubling what’s it my recipe. I have done that myself at times. (I really need to update that! :eek: ). I can’t always afford to do that tho

if you use it and think it could be stronger, it totally works to decarb some more bud and reinfuse the original batch to make it stronger.

My fave combination of base oils is 50/30/20 grapeseed oil/pumpkinseed oil/sweet almond oil.

current one has no pumpkinseed oil, it’s ok too.

And in a pinch, a ml of it in a cup of tea really does the trick!
:meditate:

Really awesome stuff going on in your garden!

that trimmed sparkly big bud ... mmm sparkly...
:love:

I’ve been doing this myself of late.

My recipe you probably saw is based on 1g bud per ounce of oil (Comes from Dave Groomers original recipe around here some years back). Easy to remember. It works for me and other folks at that strength but I have also doubled it to very good effect.

So, otter, that would involve doubling what’s it my recipe. I have done that myself at times. (I really need to update that! :eek: ). I can’t always afford to do that tho

if you use it and think it could be stronger, it totally works to decarb some more bud and reinfuse the original batch to make it stronger.

My fave combination of base oils is 50/30/20 grapeseed oil/pumpkinseed oil/sweet almond oil.

:meditate:

Really awesome stuff going on in your garden!

that trimmed sparkly big bud ... mmm sparkly...
Hi Amy, I'm glad you mentioned all that. There's so much to this simple thing. I used it yesterday for my neck and arthritis in my hands with little change in my pain levels. With the talk of oil reaching a saturation point and refusing to hold thc I was shy to infuse more. I feel safe to do it and gain from it now that you spoke up. Now I really wish I started with the oils you mentioned. Oh well, next time.
The Godfather bud grew awesome, thanks. From gazing at its nugs in the jar and opening it to its delicious adult aroma, to noticing its crystally exterior, to almost not being able to grind it due to its icky sticky nature. And it does carry a big club!
So that's it, today I'll infuse some(way) more thc into my oil and see what happens. Enjoy your day Amy, thanks!

Hey Stone, congrats on that Weedseedsexpress harvest - those buds look fantastic! :thumb: I might be looking to add those to my future grow list.

I've been experimenting a bit with topicals lately too. I have lots of trim/shake from previous harvests, which are all THC at this point. I make small batches in my Ardent unit of about 2 oz of grapeseed oil at a time. I usually use about 5 g per 2oz, which estimates to about 10 mg/ml. For the last batch I made, I double-infused it to make it stronger - about 19mg/ml by my estimate. It works great, but to be honest it's about the same effectiveness as the single infused oil.

I've been using it on my sore wrist and forearm (tendinitis like ailment) and my wife's sore lower back. Helps noticeably. I'm glad you all started this topic, because it reminded me that I bought some pumpkin seed oil several months ago (via amazon) and had forgotten to try it. I've been adding a little soy wax to the mixture to make it more of a cream so it's easy to apply. I also add a few drops of eucalyptus oil or peppermint oil to make it smell a little better.

Hey Stone, congrats on that Weedseedsexpress harvest - those buds look fantastic! :thumb: I might be looking to add those to my future grow list.

I've been experimenting a bit with topicals lately too. I have lots of trim/shake from previous harvests, which are all THC at this point. I make small batches in my Ardent unit of about 2 oz of grapeseed oil at a time. I usually use about 5 g per 2oz, which estimates to about 10 mg/ml. For the last batch I made, I double-infused it to make it stronger - about 19mg/ml by my estimate. It works great, but to be honest it's about the same effectiveness as the single infused oil.

I've been using it on my sore wrist and forearm (tendinitis like ailment) and my wife's sore lower back. Helps noticeably. I'm glad you all started this topic, because it reminded me that I bought some pumpkin seed oil several months ago (via amazon) and had forgotten to try it. I've been adding a little soy wax to the mixture to make it more of a cream so it's easy to apply. I also add a few drops of eucalyptus oil or peppermint oil to make it smell a little better.
Hey Beez, nice to hear you're having good results. I put it back in the MB2 with 20 grams more of high thc bud. Maybe I have to get past a threshold or something for it to work for me. I'm thinking tomorrow's trial will be more successful.
On the Godfather og topic. Either of those phenotypes would please me for a premium thc plant. I'm actually making a mother of the more indica fuzzy one for some future runs. It grew plentiful and strong.

Highya SO, ITS, guys,

I'm just getting back to it.

Yes, my knees are going bad, so I rub a good bit into them and cures the trouble for a couple days. Seems to work on muscle pain. I also use on my hands when necessary (arthritis). Works like a charm. Takes 10-15 minutes to penetrate.

57 grams is approx 2 oz. which is what I use now. I just made a batch of oil that finished today, so in a day ot two, I can finish this conversation, lol.

Also, I used one fourth as much beeswax as oil, and that was perfect for the ointment. Happy Smokin'
I'm in the zone now. Today is the trial day but I'm not feeling too achey, maybe Ms O can be my test Otter.

Hey Stoneotter! That is one heck of a harvest, I can’t wait to see what an amazing job you’ll do on your upcoming sativa:hookah:
I’ll be glad to offer any tips you need but from what I’ve seen here you’re gonna hit a homer
Appreciate it Hyperion! I haven't had a grow I didn't learn from. Thanks! Nevilles is waiting for a Band Aid Haze sister so it's going to be fun with hazes in there.

I prefer my mix of 50/50 grapeseed oil and pumpkin seed oil. GSO is easy to find but the PSO comes from Amazon so I need to remember to order it before I need it.

Just my personal preference though. Some folks like GSO and Amy like sweet almond oil as well. I'll probably order some of that just to get a feel for its consistency.
And here I use a combo of all those for my topicals. We use the Pumpkin, Grape seed, and Almond oil and maybe even one other kind. Ours is basically Magnus' recipe.

Enjoy your day Amy, thanks!
You too ! :passitleft:
to be honest it's about the same effectiveness as the single infused oil.
Which is right in line with what the Ardent folks say their testing showed :thumb: once is enough! :high-five:
Thanks, I'm unable to process that right now due to brain strain but I bookmarked this. :thumb:
I get that! :)

Here’s what you do:

tell Shed the following;
- how many grams of (decarb’d) bud you used,
- the % strength of that bud (always an educated guess) and
- how much oil you infused (in mls)

Shed will wave a data entry wand and tell you the approximate mg/ml (approximate because we are estimating the strength of the bud).

Yes thats about the ratio that we use as well....the absorption is great, just watch out if you are wearing white clothes....the pumkin seed oil can stain if you don't allow sufficient time to absorb in the skin.

Back
Top Bottom