Weedtastics 2nd White Russian All Organic Soil Grow

2 to 3 inches overnight, those plants are showing you the love. Plants look nice, green and healthy as usual. Great job and keep it up......

heheh, 3 inches is 1/5 the total height of my plants ,lol. :goodjob:

That green thumb is showing it's stuff.

Trimming a little sounds like a good plan. Go get 'em, weed.

Hey weedtastic,

Quickly read your new grow & looking good! Been away for a while, but i'll be getting back into it over christmas. Great to see your new grow on the way.

Im unsure about you raising the lights, how much more head room do you have? Hope alls good!
hi mate nice to see your coming back at xmas....drop me a link soon as you start mate and ill be over to check your grow out......ive had to raise the light 5 inches and have 4 inches left then i cannot raise them anymore....wot im gonna do is put all the taller plants the opposite side of my grow room...as i can raise that light 2 foot...so i shud be fine......thanks for dropping by..........good to hear from you......be lucky weedtastic

hey WT...
thanx for de advice on de organix...dat's mymind made up....when i finish de vitalink i'll swithch...your operation looks excellent...i've flicked my W/R 9 days ago n dere no where near where you're at...lol...:grinjoint:
:grinjoint: AODHAN911 :grinjoint:
hi mate...just watch your ph when using these nutes...my ph drops to 5.6 ph ish.......soon as i add the nutes to the water.....thanks for the kind words............be lucky weedtastic

2 to 3 inches overnight, those plants are showing you the love. Plants look nice, green and healthy as usual. Great job and keep it up......
hi mate....yup sure showing me there love these girls got some nice thick stems holding these colas this time round ha ha......thanks for dropping by...........be lucky weedtastic

As always looking good mate....Welcome back ....2/3 inches over night,super! :surf:
hi tunes...thanks for the wellcome its great to be back........be lucky weedtastic

heheh, 3 inches is 1/5 the total height of my plants ,lol. :goodjob:

That green thumb is showing it's stuff.

Trimming a little sounds like a good plan. Go get 'em, weed.
ha ha hi mate you certainly have done your sums lol.......decided not to trim instead ive supercroped the taller tops....ie bent them over....im gonna do an update tonite or tomoz...........be lucky mate..........weedtastic

hi guys 11 days of flowering now.....3 days left of the stretch so i think i shud be ok for height ha ha....heres the pics
in the first pics you can see the growth of the revegged plant
js1024_DSC05202.jpg

js1024_DSC05202.jpg

and here is the other revegged plant she hasn t responded to well yet....the difference is i have foiler sprayed the first plant and not sprayed this one...so i will start foiler spraying both today
js1024_DSC05205.jpg

js1024_DSC05204.jpg

ok heres the flower room no nutes used to date but they will have there first feeding today
js1024_DSC05211.jpg

js1024_DSC05212.jpg

js1024_DSC05213.jpg

js1024_DSC05214.jpg

js1024_DSC05216.jpg

js1024_DSC05218.jpg

Looking very nice. Thats a room full a green healthy plants. Good luck on those reveg. plants. I am very interested to see how that turns out. Great job...

Man weedtastic they look great. :goodjob:

The reveged ones look good too.

That is one packed room full of beautiful healthy green plants. Looks like your gonna lose the fan soon. Hope you have another one. :grinjoint:
hi OMM...yes im pleased with the way things are going to be honest....and the revegged plant has grown faster than expected too....ive beem thinking wot was i gonna do about that fan ha ha........thanks for dropping by...i appreciate it.....be lucky weedtastic

Looking very nice. Thats a room full a green healthy plants. Good luck on those reveg. plants. I am very interested to see how that turns out. Great job...
hi mate thanks for the kind words....ill keep you posted on the revegged plants....thanks for stopping by.........be lucky weedtastic

hey guys just read this somewhere....well it goes like this............QUOTE
The timing is so critical. You must be around during this period to guide the growth under the screen, and to make sure all gaps in the screen are filled, one bud site per screen hole with standard poultry netting (2 x 3 inch holes). Excess leaf growth must be removed above the screen, which usually means all the fan leaves are removed. Never mind arguments about whether fan leaves should or should not be left on plants, this is a different animal, and the rule here is, all bud sites must see the lamp in order to develop. At least in a small scrog grow, fan leaves would overwhelm the neighboring buds. Get a good sharp, clean set of pruning scissors and just leave them with the grow. You'll need them every couple of days during this period.....UNQUOTE.......my question is this...have you guys heard or actually done the ...cut the fan leaves off ?...if i cud it wud really open thr canopy up...as i have lots of big fan leaves...wud love to hear your thoughts guys.........thanks inadvane ........be lucky weedtastic

nice update weedtastic. great looking plants, they`re all such a healthy green. I`d love to be able to get my plants to thrive so well, mine seem always burnt or at least have brown tips.

great job.
:nicethread:

hey guys just read this somewhere....well it goes like this............QUOTE
The timing is so critical. You must be around during this period to guide the growth under the screen, and to make sure all gaps in the screen are filled, one bud site per screen hole with standard poultry netting (2 x 3 inch holes). Excess leaf growth must be removed above the screen, which usually means all the fan leaves are removed. Never mind arguments about whether fan leaves should or should not be left on plants, this is a different animal, and the rule here is, all bud sites must see the lamp in order to develop. At least in a small scrog grow, fan leaves would overwhelm the neighboring buds. Get a good sharp, clean set of pruning scissors and just leave them with the grow. You'll need them every couple of days during this period.....UNQUOTE.......my question is this...have you guys heard or actually done the ...cut the fan leaves off ?...if i cud it wud really open thr canopy up...as i have lots of big fan leaves...wud love to hear your thoughts guys.........thanks inadvane ........be lucky weedtastic

hi weedtastic, I`ve read that same tutorial and I agree, when scrogging trim enough to keep the light penetrating. But not at one time, unless there are only a few spots that need it. Once the initial trimming is done, I would tuck rather than trim, unless tucking isn`t doing the job. You could try supercroping some of the fan leaf petioles, dunno if they would just straighten up and block light again, but it might be less stressful than cutting. Maybe harder for the plant to repair a supercrop than to seal a cut.

Nice looking flower room. So green and healthy! I read about cutting the fan leaves too. There seems to be lots of opinions on it but very little evidence. I have been tucking my fan leaves wherever I can. I am tempted to remove a few leaves every few days to open up a few bud sites that would otherwise be shaded.

Nice looking flower room. So green and healthy! I read about cutting the fan leaves too. There seems to be lots of opinions on it but very little evidence. I have been tucking my fan leaves wherever I can. I am tempted to remove a few leaves every few days to open up a few bud sites that would otherwise be shaded.

mmmmick please forgive me im smashed typing in the dark...do not cut fan leaves just yet warbux...i have some of my own pics with reference to this..ill get em up tomoz......of course mmmmick u need to see em too 3 heads better than one..mmmmick speek to you tomoz he he...kinda indulged to the max....ops weedtastic ...trips.....then stumbles into bed.....ha ha nite guys :oops:

mmmmick please forgive me im smashed typing in the dark...do not cut fan leaves just yet warbux...i have some of my own pics with reference to this..ill get em up tomoz......of course mmmmick u need to see em too 3 heads better than one..mmmmick speek to you tomoz he he...kinda indulged to the max....ops weedtastic ...trips.....then stumbles into bed.....ha ha nite guys :oops:

Great. I cant wait to see what you have.

ok you must be sobered up by now, heheh

where's the pics you were talking about?

Merry Christmas and Happy New year weedtastic.
Here's to more successful grows in 2010.

Great. I cant wait to see what you have.
hi mate sorry to keep you hangin like that....really busy round here

ok you must be sobered up by now, heheh

where's the pics you were talking about?

Merry Christmas and Happy New year weedtastic.
Here's to more successful grows in 2010.
hi mate again appoligies mate....ill get em up straight away.......wot im trying to show is with grow 1 i had massive fan leaves on my 2nd grow i had 1 finger or 3 finger fan leaves.....the big fan leaves produced more bud......both grows were identical except the fan leaves........take a look
first pic first grow...big fan leaves big buds
js1024_DSC03946.jpg

js1024_DSC03950.jpg

js1024_DSC03951.jpg

js1024_DSC03952.jpg

ok next pics 2nd grow 1/3 finger fan leaves...smaller buds
js1024_DSC049431.jpg

same
js1024_DSC049431.jpg

check out the 3 fingered fan leaf at the front of the pic
js1024_DSC049491.jpg

js1024_DSC049491.jpg

same
js1024_DSC049561.jpg

one finger fan leaf
js1024_DSC049571.jpg

ok guys its my own opinion here but as far as im concerned the fan leaves are deffo the engines of the plant....lets see wot you guys think ?...id also like to wish all at 420 a happy xmas and an even happier new year.......may we all have bigger and better grows next year be lucky guys.........weedtastic

hi weedtastic, no apologies necessary, i was just rippin on ya. You've got a lot to celebrate, no harm.

I see what you are saying about the fan leaves and I agree but your first grow and your second weren't very much the same, really. First was from seed so the hybrid vigor thing definitely increased yield. Second grow was from clones taken from a flowering mother, also had 2 weeks of 12/12 early in the veg stage, plus you maxed nutes early and started using the boost early. As well as multiple topping in the second grow.
Lots of different nutes and techniques, so they probably can't be compared for yield.
Having said that I do agree that the large fan leaves are an important part of the plant and probably did contribute to higher yield in your first grow.
I'm not sure how much extra yield the hybrid vigor causes, maybe not enough to make a lot of difference.

Summer temps might also have been responsible for better yield, your grow must have been cooler for the second round.

Hey weed, thanks for posting the pics! After I seen your pics I started digging around more and it seems that most people who try clipping the leaves end up stopping after a few grows. While your results may not be able to be considered scientific they do point to the same conclusion. I wont be clipping my fan leaves unless they are close to dead. Instead I am just trying to move them out of the way of the buds lol... Some of your pics are a little dark. Do you take them @ lights out?

Back
Top Bottom