Weedtastics 2nd White Russian All Organic Soil Grow

hi weedtastic, no apologies necessary, i was just rippin on ya. You've got a lot to celebrate, no harm.

I see what you are saying about the fan leaves and I agree but your first grow and your second weren't very much the same, really. First was from seed so the hybrid vigor thing definitely increased yield. Second grow was from clones taken from a flowering mother, also had 2 weeks of 12/12 early in the veg stage, plus you maxed nutes early and started using the boost early. As well as multiple topping in the second grow.
Lots of different nutes and techniques, so they probably can't be compared for yield.
Having said that I do agree that the large fan leaves are an important part of the plant and probably did contribute to higher yield in your first grow.
I'm not sure how much extra yield the hybrid vigor causes, maybe not enough to make a lot of difference.

Summer temps might also have been responsible for better yield, your grow must have been cooler for the second round.
..hi mate gez...u certainly remember your stuff ha ha.....i had not even concidered all your points raised...so yes i agree hard to compare...but still in my heart of hearts...i feel the fan leaves is a key to bigger buds.....incidently i was speeking to my hydro shop guy he recons...this bloomtastic.....will trick the plants into thinking they are right at the end of the flowering cycle...so they pile bud on quick as they think there gonna die...very soon......how true that is im not sure.......after giving them there first dose....me and the wife think we have seen a massive bud growth....so i guess time will tell........thanks for posting....you have a good xmas...and a happy new year mate.........weedtastic

Hey weed, thanks for posting the pics! After I seen your pics I started digging around more and it seems that most people who try clipping the leaves end up stopping after a few grows. While your results may not be able to be considered scientific they do point to the same conclusion. I wont be clipping my fan leaves unless they are close to dead. Instead I am just trying to move them out of the way of the buds lol... Some of your pics are a little dark. Do you take them @ lights out?
hi mate...yes i do take the pics in the dark as i think the buds can be seen better.............also those pics i posted today where not out of my journal i concidered them low quality so i didn t post them.......lucky thou as i delete all my pics after ive posted em....just found these ones a couple of days ago.....yes mate im doing the same moving the leaves from the budsites.....ive also read this can cause bud rot when 2 leaves touch ie on top of each other...the bottom leaf trys to expell water and it gets trapped between the 2 leafs...then the bottom leaf starts to die......this is when the mold takes hold......ive now turned all my 3 fans to full to combat this.........happy xmas mate....and a happy new year.....weedtastic

..hi mate gez...u certainly remember your stuff ha ha.....i had not even concidered all your points raised...so yes i agree hard to compare...but still in my heart of hearts...i feel the fan leaves is a key to bigger buds.....incidently i was speeking to my hydro shop guy he recons...this bloomtastic.....will trick the plants into thinking they are right at the end of the flowering cycle...so they pile bud on quick as they think there gonna die...very soon......how true that is im not sure.......after giving them there first dose....me and the wife think we have seen a massive bud growth....so i guess time will tell........thanks for posting....you have a good xmas...and a happy new year mate.........weedtastic

heheh Hi weedtastic, I won't take credit for having that good a memory. I was pretty vague on the details but I knew there were some differences. I took a cruise back through your grows to refresh because no way could I recall, heheh. It was fun to buzz through them again.
But you can feel that you are right because you are so much closer to your grow, and I agree with you, even though the grows had differences, the big fan leaves are a very important part of the plant and are necessary to get the max out of any strain.
I hope the Bloomtastic does better than you can imagine, it's only fitting, given the name.weedtastic/bloomtastic.lol
You and your wife see those buds closeup every day and I'm sure you are seeing what you think you see in growth.
I think you have a very good handle on what your plants are doing, you got that green thumb, no question.
Thanks my friend, I will do both and I hope you and your family have a great Christmas and an even better New Year. It's been a pleasure to know you this year.

hi mate...yes i do take the pics in the dark as i think the buds can be seen better.............also those pics i posted today where not out of my journal i concidered them low quality so i didn t post them.......lucky thou as i delete all my pics after ive posted em....just found these ones a couple of days ago.....yes mate im doing the same moving the leaves from the budsites.....ive also read this can cause bud rot when 2 leaves touch ie on top of each other...the bottom leaf trys to expell water and it gets trapped between the 2 leafs...then the bottom leaf starts to die......this is when the mold takes hold......ive now turned all my 3 fans to full to combat this.........happy xmas mate....and a happy new year.....weedtastic

I never thought about it but I bet your right. I am going to add another fan to my area tomorrow. My plants are so close together that there are tons of leaves touching like that. Any idea whats in the bloomtastic? I havent heard of it but it sounds like something I could use.

Merry Christmas bro.

hi guys this is the end for me....wanna my kids keeps re afending....lives with me or is locked up...he is on electricity tag.....i just gotta stop....sorry for my quick exit,,,,,but i must,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hi weedtastic, really sorry to hear about your trouble with your kid and having to end your grow. It's going so well. Understand the priorities have to be with your family. Good luck with your situation, I hope you can get the kid sorted out before things get any worse.
keep in touch if you can, I'll look forward to your return.

Damn weedtastic:smokin:

So sorry to hear about closing down your grow Buddy:smokin:

Of course your boy comes first, no matter what. That's what is important now. With your help maybe can get control of himself. What ever he was doing sure wasn't working for him. Convince him of that if nothing else.

Good luck Weed. I'm sending positive thoughts your way. :peace:

Visit us when you can:peace:

Sucks you had to end your grow, but you have to do what you have to do, family first. On a side note. Just thought I would throw in my opinion on the leaf issue. It just makes sense that they benefit the plants, collecting light and nutes. They where put there for a reason otherwise they would not be there. Just a thought.

hi guys thanks very much for all your support....however ive set up at a mates house now......my eldest son has taken 1 plant....and we have the rest so thankfully im still growing yipeeeeeeee...i can only update once a week thou with pics......but least im still around.....wud hate to stop this wonderful hobby ha ha.....thanks again guys......heres to a happy new year to you all.......and may our grows be bigger and better next year........:thanks:...............be lucky guys......weedtastic

hi guys thanks very much for all your support....however ive set up at a mates house now......my eldest son has taken 1 plant....and we have the rest so thankfully im still growing yipeeeeeeee...i can only update once a week thou with pics......but least im still around.....wud hate to stop this wonderful hobby ha ha.....thanks again guys......heres to a happy new year to you all.......and may our grows be bigger and better next year........:thanks:...............be lucky guys......weedtastic

Hi weedtastic, great news that you'll be able to keep things going. Weekly updates are definitely better than none at all. I was missing you already.
Happy New Year Weed. Good to have you back on board.

hey w/t...glad to hear you're still in de game...smoking puff aint addictive but i've now discovered dat growing is :grinjoint: could i quiz u on how you reproduce your white russian...i take cuttings from a mother n let her recover for 9 weeks n go again...she's due to have cuttings taken sat week...dis will be de 3rd batch but dere looking kinda woody n realy red...de last batch seemed to me ripe...nice n fleshy n green...any advice welcomed...

:peace:AODHAN911:peace:

Great news, It would have been a shame to wast such a fine grower. Hope you had a wonderful New Years and look forward to the weekly updates..

weedtastic dude...hope alls well
if you have a chance you might help me out...my mother is due to be attacked next w/e...i've had two batches off her so far n she was nice n ripe both times...this time around she's looking a little woody n very red stems...is dis a charachteristic of de white russian or am i screwing up...considering the growth is only 7 weeks old they should root...any advice would be appreciated...:peace:

:Rasta:AODHAN911:Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom