Weedys Closet 400w HPS/250w MH

thanks GMT. just wait until i start the new journal.

2 600w HPS (possibly 1 or 2 1000w if we decide to go big) in flower, eventually on movers
1 400w MH veg for now. eventually there will be 2 2x4 tents for veg with T5s
1 250w MH for mothers, eventually probably T5s also.

so w/o movers there will be 8 plants in flower crop every 9 weeks or so. w/ movers 12 to 16, not sure how much more the movers will cover.
2 strains at a time first couple runs will be Great White Shark and Strawberry Blue. after that GWS will phase out into Lemon Skunk. and we will keep phasing 1 strain out for another.

keep your eye out for it to start.

Sounds excellant brother, can't wait to see. Our Strawberry Blues where tall as hell. Buddy up north has a couple cloned from ours, they are over 7 foot tall already. We gave him clones last December, so his Moby Dick's and Medical 1024's are like shrubs. For the price difference, I personally would opt for the 1000 wattr's. Additional lumens make a huge difference in buds.

I really love your setup weedy, and it seems to be working wonders! You must have some nice techniques strung into your girls. The buds you have received look an absolute treat :grinjoint:

Keep on going man, loving your work! :bravo:

my buddy is moving into my house. he already owns 2 1000w HPS ballasts & 2 600w HPS ballasts, then i have 1 400w & 1 600w switchables, and a 250w MH.

i think were gonna opt for 2 600ws with movers, bc we can have out entire grow using >2000w, as opposed to 2000w in just the flower room. itll save some $$$ on the electric bills. down the road who knows maybe we will swap out for the 1ks.

Gotta keep in mind, although we sit on one of the largest fresh water reserves in the world, and PH is ~7.0, it is very high in calcium and iron. I use the PUR for two reasons. First of all for the plants, second, to save buying new coffee pots every 6 months...lol. This is starting our 3rd full grow with using the PUR units. They have worked and are a lot cheaper than an RO unit. Even when they get clogged, they still work, just at a reduced flow rate. Walmart has a selection to choose from at a decent enough price. At the very minimum, get a 2 stage, preferably a 3 stage, and extra filters if you can.

Kinda funny, my water is @ 7ph too. Never checked it for Cal and iron though. I know mine comes from Detroit so it might even have built in pesticides....lol.:peace:

Kinda funny, my water is @ 7ph too. Never checked it for Cal and iron though. I know mine comes from Detroit so it might even have built in pesticides....lol.:peace:

It is all in the geology of the area. This area was once an inland sea. Lots of salt comes from the mines under Detriot. The glaciers from the last ice age converted it to the present fresh water lakes. But all the ground water absorbs calcium and iron from the rich deposits deep in the soil. That is why you can find shells from sea creatures in old gravel pits around the area. Nestles has a couple of large bottling plants in mid michigan which get their water from deep wells. They simply filter it and bottle it for sale.

Ok so another harvest of the gws in 30 days. Stull having the same problems. I think its the strain, idk.

But for better news,, weedys room has begun, we bought our T5s for veg, we bought the permaflect, some pricy stuff, and 1 light mover for now, ill be buying the 2nd after I harvest. And were taking clones tonight, 8 SB, and 8 GWS we want to run 6 each total, all 16 if the light mover works well enough

Brown Spots

I was wonderin where u were. Good to c ya back. Post some pics if u got them. U still got the brown spots? I got some comin on some seedlings. I was told that may be a calcium deficiency. I'm tryna trat it with a foliar feed as well as adding some Plant Amp from Cutting Edge Solutions which is their calciom additive. I need to trouble shoot this because if u let it progress it will strip the foliage from ur plants. Been there and ain't tryna go back. I'll keep u posted. Let us know how U went about trying to remedy this problem. The 1st strain I had this problem with was also sensi star, now I see the same patterns in a couple of my FLO seedlings so I know its something I"m doing or not doing.

0304001952.jpg

1270576206027.jpg

1270576206964.jpg

1270576211498.jpg

these were all my last grow harvested back in march.

this is a pic from like week 2 or 3 of the current grow, which is currently in week 8
Apr_17_2010_8465.jpg

nice weedy. always smart to do your research, when there is so much out there to pour it into, correct selection of tools and methods becomes ultra important.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom