Week 1 Flowering, Jack Frost, 400w

Ruralgirlz

Here are my first pics for this grow. I started with 7 seeds, 3 Jack Frost, 4 orange. After my normal wet paper towel germination time, the 3 JF came right up, the 4 orange came up zero, zip, nada.
I went ahead and planted the 3 JF in 1 gallons and waited a few more days on the smaller, harder orange seeds. Still nothing, so I added 4 more JF seeds to the paper towel setup and in about 48 hours I had 4 more JF seedlings and planted those. That's why you'll see 3 larger plants and 4 smaller, with one of those four being a total runt though.Oh, this grow tent finally "gave up the ghost" with two zippers out now. I am using a couple dark curtains in front until I get the better grow tent for next grow.

Light: 400w HID, currently running HPS (plan to use 600w system next grow)
Ferts: Fox Farms Big Bloom, 2 oz per gallon every other watering.
Soil: Miracle Grow indoor mix (plan to custom make next mix myself)
Yield: TBD

:slide:

Week_1_flowering_JF_4_.jpg

Week_1_flowering_JF_5_.jpg

Re: Week 1 Flowering, Jack Frost, 400w WEEK 2

WEEK 2 flowering Jack Frost...
This weekend one showed maleness, had to go. :hmmmm:
Others are looking pretty feminine.
Keeping all fingers crossed!

Oh, ordered the Grolab GL145 today... I'll post my feedback for next gro on that in another forum. I bought it for the durability of their zippers; just about to throw out a 1-yr-old grow tent that had crappy dappy ones. Anyway, Grow is going pretty good I guess. I always have a bit of "pre-gender ID anxiety" at this point of the gro!
One male out yesterday, rest look hopful.

:goodluck:

One more male out the door this morning... The GOOD news is there are officially three confirmed females to our family, yeah! I will post pics again next weekend for a weekly picture update to be consistent. They are looking a lot better than just two days ago when I took the last pics!

Looks like a few of your plants are having some issues. Looking kind of droopy. Do you know what the issue with that is?

The other one on the left is look great though. Good job on that one.

I noticed that too,hard to tell from the pic but looks like maybe overwatering. Anyone else think so? They look a little droopy and the leaves appear curled down. Generally speaking if they curl down it's over watered and if they curl up it's under watered. It doesn't look like a major issue and other than that they look great. :peace:

I noticed that too,hard to tell from the pic but looks like maybe overwatering. Anyone else think so? They look a little droopy and the leaves appear curled down. Generally speaking if they curl down it's over watered and if they curl up it's under watered. It doesn't look like a major issue and other than that they look great. :peace:

I get a downward curl and droopiness from over watering and under watering.

What nutrients do you give you plants and how much, how often?? If you dont mind me asking RG...

I too think it's from over-watering... my excuse is they are all in 1 gallon pots and almost all are different size plants. I end up giving them the same amount of water when not paying close enough attention to how dry each plant really is.
I'm using Fox Farms Big Bloom for flowering now and btw, they are looking so much better today! But, only used M-gro basic fert for vegging so that's the problem there. Just moved before this grow and didn't take enough time to get some good vegging ferts going. Thanks for all the feedback!

I too think it's from over-watering... my excuse is they are all in 1 gallon pots and almost all are different size plants. I end up giving them the same amount of water when not paying close enough attention to how dry each plant really is.
I'm using Fox Farms Big Bloom for flowering now and btw, they are looking so much better today! But, only used M-gro basic fert for vegging so that's the problem there. Just moved before this grow and didn't take enough time to get some good vegging ferts going. Thanks for all the feedback!

Sounds good. Got any new pics?? Sorry... I like pictures.

Oh, ordered the Grolab GL145 today... I'll post my feedback for next gro on that in another forum. I bought it for the durability of their zippers; just about to throw out a 1-yr-old grow tent that had crappy dappy ones. Anyway, Grow is going pretty good I guess. I always have a bit of "pre-gender ID anxiety" at this point of the gro!
One male out yesterday, rest look hopful.

its a good tent and enough room to grow 20 scrog and then some ...

:grinjoint:Here's week 3 Jack Frost flowering... ;)
I think all is going well other than in the first picture... not entirely sure about that one yet. Runt...:popcorn:

Made it down to a respectable 3, maybe 4 viable female Jack Frost sweetness there!

Oh, I'm using a different camera this weekend, not so great quality... at least the bud will be! Happy Growing...

WEEK 4...:slide:
Here's pics of Week 4, flowering Jack Frost. I am pleased with two of the plant's top buds, but due to the other 3 plants being weeks younger than those, I might have to top the two older ones and let the others catch up after that.

This has really been an experimental grow here, never had a grow quite like this one with the different ages of plants involved. Anyway, I plan to top the two older ones and then probably give the others 2-3 more weeks for full budding.

I'm really looking forward to next gro with better tent and lights... In the meantime, not bad I suppose! Also, the second picture shows some leaf damage, but the bud looks good and the other plant leaves look good, so I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing for the rest of this grow.
Week_4_JF_flowering.jpg

Week_4_JF_flowering_5_.jpg

I have a question... recently the pictures I've been taking other than these , have had lines flashing across the photo when I take it. I had to take these plants out of the light area a bit to take the picture. I've never had to do that before this line flashing issue.

Could that possibly mean my light is going out? I can't see that flashing without looking in my camera, so not sure.

I plan to switch to a 600w system for next gro so I won't be changing these bulbs, just curious is anyone has had this line flashing when taking pics before. Thx in advance for any advice! :helpsmilie:

Hey ruralgirlz great grow you got goin I've never heard of jack frost but it looks delicious;) those lines in the pic would just be the HPS putting off lots of light and the camera not being able to process it this happens with camera phones and lower quality cameras as well as good cameras depending on the angle to the light no biggie just a picture affect to F<CK wit yah lol +reps though and count me in :thumb:

Here's a couple pics of week 5...

Thanks for the head's up on the cell camera issue with the lines in the pics. I was hoping that was all it was. I will take next weekends pics with a better camera and that should provide us better peeks at her crystals.

I also need to revisit my ferts, both veggie and flowering. I'm currently using Fox Farms, but from what I'm seeing with the brown spots and curled leaves, I'm over or under doing it. My pH says 7... but now that they're on the home stretch I'm a bit shy to change the routine now. Anyway, the buds are what are important now and they look fine.

Thanks to all watchers and posters on this first grow journal of mine! I appreciate all the support and advice and learning a lot of troubleshooting from other grow pics here too.
Peace from the NW Mountains, Ruralgirlz

:slide:

Back
Top Bottom