Week 3 Flowering trimming of lower branches

rattlerr

I have a Fruity Chronic Juice that is in week 3 into the flowering process. I have 2 branches towards the bottom of the plant that are pretty long but covered in bud sites. I should have trimmed those branches off a while back i know that and i know it is taking away energy from the upper branches.

My question is should i still go and remove those lower branches so the top branches with buds will grow larger or is it to late now? even thou the 2 lower branches are covered in bud sites. :Rasta:

I personally think it is risky to cut or otherwise molest plants in flower unless absolutely necessary. If you see problems during bud production then maybe. Now you risk putting them into shock and possibly delaying the process or other stress related issues.

To each there own....but I think week three is the perfect time to trim all the fluff that will not be of any use in the end(except the trim pile), and will take away important nutes and energy that the plant needs for the canopy.

The stretch is finished.....which I think is very important not to stress your plant during the first two vital weeks. Go for it!

I am going to hold off on the trimming of the 2 lower branches until i can get more information and opinions on my issue. I do not like to stress the plants any more than i have to that is for sure. But i also know that the lower branches are normally under developed flowers anyways, using energy that can be used for the upper branches. From what i have read and heard that most of the buds on the bottom part of the plant are not that potent. :tokin:

I am going to hold off on the trimming of the 2 lower branches until i can get more information and opinions on my issue. I do not like to stress the plants any more than i have to that is for sure. But i also know that the lower branches are normally under developed flowers anyways, using energy that can be used for the upper branches. From what i have read and heard that most of the buds on the bottom part of the plant are not that potent. :tokin:
I doubt you will get a conclusive results on this. Many people believe it helps, many do not.

Prairie

Back
Top Bottom