Week 3 of flowering humidity?

BBD32

I have just finished week 3 of flowering and was wondering how much I should worry about my humidity. I can't seem to get it below 62%. And I'm worried this could cause bud rot.

55%-65% is good, above 66% you can expect a visit from the Pm angel...at this age the fan leaves start to decay, you may considering removing ONLY the worst, see them as used burger wrappings, this should increase ventilation too, spray neem oil 1 x time per week to offer some anti mold protection

I've been running with high humidity for years. RH into the 80s when lights are off- sometimes into the 90s. I recently got a dehumidifier to fix this. Before that though - I controlled the bud rot by- lots of air circulation from oscillating movement fans, and topping to create more medium sized buds. Big buds are most prone to bud rot. Some people use sulphur to help control it as well, I haven't tried that. Bud rot affects some strains more than others , but it's generally large dense buds that get affected. At 65% RH I think you're ok. Just get lots of air flow- do what you can to reduce humidity, and pay attention. One sign to watch for is when the little leaf stalks that grow out of the sides of the buds suddenly look wilted and droop. With the bigger buds I will spread them open a bit to inspect the center near stem. Rot starts in the center and goes unseen at first.

Back
Top Bottom