Week 5 Flower - Berry Bomb - Cotton Candy - Blueberry Gum - Strawberry Cheesecake

Demon42069

Good evenin everybody

Been gone for a while, lost my internet for a while but recently got it back, still no cable though:Namaste: guess my wiring cant handle it. Just switched to sprint unlimited plan as well so no more 2gb allotments.

Anyways, no one missed much with my last grow, lockout decimated my plants and what i ended up with was crap. Had some lockout issues with a couple plants this grow as well but think i got it under controll and should hopefully be good til harvest.

On to my grow specs,
4 5gal warrior pots
Ffof with dolomite lime
Topsoil addition of more lime, ewc, and oyster shell
3x4 grow tent with carbon filter
1000w hps til last week 600w hps now
Some additional co2
10.0 uvb reptile light

Forgot to add in my grow specs the strains im growing are cotton candy from delicious seeds, either a berry or cherry bomb from bomb seeds ( kinda mixed them on accident) a blueberry gum from g13 labs seeds, and a strawberry cheesecake from heavyweight seeds.

These were grown under a 1000w light until i went on vacation a week ago and came back to find my ballast had died. Had to kill of my vegs and steal their 600w so finishing with that.

Had some lockout issues with 2 of the plants, the berry/cherry bomb was the worst but seems to be holding steady the last couple weeks, fingers crossed. The strawberry cheesecake had some lockout too but i think i caught it in time and only a couple leaves look affected. Blueberry gum is awesome and seems a lot more resilient then the others, cotton candy had some early yellowing nute def and possibly some nanners on a couple buds. Cotton candy also stretched like crazy and so there is some bleaching on a couple top buds before i rearranged the plants and raised the light. Overall though i think im hopefully pass the major issues and can ride it out til harvest.

Ok so here is an overview to start. I know the canopy looks like crap. I was working 70 hours a week when these were in veg and just never had the time or energy to train them. I figure these are a good base line to judge my next trained grow against.
20161229_091140.jpg

This next one is the berry/cherry bomb, kind of hard to see but a bunch of the leaves on the top buds are half brown and crispy.
20161229_091152.jpg

Here is the strawberry cheesecake, i know its too short i need to train them and have an even canopy next time. The cotton candy actually started growing over top of this before i reined it in. Had some leaves brown from lockout but hasnt progressed since the flush.
20161229_091208.jpg

The blueberyy gum, my favorite so far, can take a lot of stress, looks and smells delicious already.
20161229_091223.jpg

The cotton candy, you can see stretched a lot more then the rest but seems have biggest colas so far as well. If only the nanners hadnt appeared.
20161229_091228.jpg

My 10.0 reptile uvb light, i want to get one for each corner. I feel like the colas closest have the most trichs but could be other factors like uneven canopy attributing to that as well.
20161229_091240.jpg

Cool little natural co2 suplement i found, not sure how much it helps but it didnt cost much so why not.
20161229_091249.jpg

Heard co2 is heavier then air and falls so placed it above the fan to help distribute it around the tent.
20161229_091255.jpg

Close up of cotton candy bud
20161229_091506.jpg

Some possible nanners there, hard to tell.
20161228_224432.jpg

Close up of my favorite blueberry gum taken couple days ago, been lowering the night temps to 55 to try and get some color change going.
20161228_164839.jpg

Close up of a possible nanner on the cotton candy. Tried to mess with the coloring and circle it to make it easier to see. My first nanners so i could be wrong but i think the couple days my light went out while i was on vacation may be the cause.
20161229_092003.jpg

Re: Week 5 Flower - Berry Bomb - Cotton Candy - Blueberry Gum - Strawberry Cheesecak

Spent a couple hours with the girls tonight getting everything cleaned up in there, they are about 5 1/2 weeks into flower. Since i flushed ive been feeding half strength nutes every watering and bumped it up from 2 gal to 3gal each plant. Read light nutes rinse built up salt better and with all my ph and lockout issues though i would try something different from full strength every other water. Considering doing 2 half strengths then a plain watering or i might just keep half strength til the end flush, cant decide.

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Week 5 Flower - Berry Bomb - Cotton Candy - Blueberry Gum - Strawberry Cheesecak

Trimmed a bunch of the small bottom twig branches mainly to make it easier to water but also to help it focus energy on the main colas.
420-magazine-mobile1820531640.jpg

Did a little light defoil as well mostly just got rid of the dead and half dead leaves. This is what i took off and you can hardly tell from looking at them.
420-magazine-mobile1436661463.jpg

Did a little light lst to help even out the canopy the best i could and help support some of the main colas. Looks a little more even i think. I backbuilt about half of the main colas on each to see what happens and if i notice a difference.
420-magazine-mobile341618574.jpg
420-magazine-mobile516828466.jpg

Overall i would say despite the lockout and ballast breaking while i was on vacation they seem to be back on track. The colas on all but the cotton candy are smaller then i would hope at this point but they still have time.

The smell is crazy strong in there already btw. They all have a nice coating of sugar as well. From looking at them im gonna say all but the cotton will be 9 to 10 weeks to harvest. Cotton may be closer to 8 but guess we'll see..

have experience with THC Bomb - good strain good genetics

have experience with THC Bomb - good strain good genetics
Cool, how long did it flower for? Mine got hit the hardest by the lockout, hoping the buds start getting bigger soon.

Got some pics right before lights on tonight. Hope they look good.

Ill try to keep these in order. First is the cotton candy. Looks like some nute burn, ill give a good plain water next watering.
20161231_215737.jpg
20161231_215927.jpg
20161231_215712.jpg

The blueberry gum.
20161231_215821.jpg
20161231_215814.jpg

Berry bomb, you can really see the lockout damage. Hope thats in the past though.
20161231_2158521.jpg
20161231_2158451.jpg
20161231_2158361.jpg

These last should be the strawberry cake. Lights started coming on when i was taking these so had to rush. Lockout damage on this too.
20161231_215852.jpg
20161231_215845.jpg
20161231_215836.jpg

They look bigger to me but i still have to go look at them for a while now that lights are on. They all seem to have a nice coat of crystals to me. Just need to keep them happy.

Happy new years everybody. :cheer:

My lst from last night didnt seem to work out so well so i added some more ties. Now they are inexplicably bound for life, however many weeks that may be lol. I think i let them veg to long, i need some stakes for support. My first pheno so still figuring that part out, now i have a better idea. Temp and humidty all seem good, just hope these buds start filling out soon.:thanks:
20161231_230333.jpg
20161231_230346.jpg
20161231_230354.jpg
20161231_230511.jpg

Doing Bubble Gum #2 - what the time frame for you bubblegum ? Hey goof looking Giant Buds !!!!!! Thanks for sharing

Doing Bubble Gum #2 - what the time frame for you bubblegum ? Hey goof looking Giant Buds !!!!!! Thanks for sharing
Cool, :thanks: 9 weeks sounds like about what ill end up with on my bomb. My blueberry gum says average of 57 days flower but i think it going to be closer to 9 weeks for me. Its probably the slowest of my 4 to fill out. i could be wrong though, never grown it so it might suprise me. :cheer:

Just did a Dutch Passion "Blueberry" after a 30 day cure it a very good strain recommend it. your blueberry? I agree 57 days is a bit short. Hey ! just to let you know that BC BLUEBERRY IS ONLY IN REGULAR SEEDS FOUND A COMPANY THAT MADE FEMMINIZED SEEDS. BC GOOD BREEDER BUT DJ SHORT HAS THE ORIGINAL (REGULAR SEEDS ONLY)

Just did a Dutch Passion "Blueberry" after a 30 day cure it a very good strain recommend it. your blueberry? I agree 57 days is a bit short. Hey ! just to let you know that BC BLUEBERRY IS ONLY IN REGULAR SEEDS FOUND A COMPANY THAT MADE FEMMINIZED SEEDS. BC GOOD BREEDER BUT DJ SHORT HAS THE ORIGINAL (REGULAR SEEDS ONLY)
Nice, i have a weak spot for blueberries, the fruit and the bud lol. Thats good to know about :thanks: be something good to have when i start messing around with creating my own strains. :high-five:

Took a couple overview pics right before lights on again to make sure everything is holding steady. Couple close ups i had fun with as well. Let me know what you think. :thanks:

20170101_221629.jpg
20170101_221259.jpg
20170101_215516.jpg
20170101_215505.jpg
20170101_215500.jpg
20170101_215454.jpg

Hey, not much going on tonight other then the buds are getting fatter and frostier every day. Ill chill with the pics til theres a big noticble difference.

Only issue tonight is its like 60f and foggy around here for some reason tonight, so my rh is around 60% in the tent. Got my big dehumidifier running in the room so should hopefully fix it. Just hope temps dont too high with it on during lights on.

Til next time. :thanks: :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom