Week 5 flower outside

Yesterday marked week 5 of flower for my 2 most mature, others follow by 5 days, to 2 weeks. There is so much I don't know, and what I knew is not the same today.
Could these be fast finishers? Like in the 6/7 week, rather than the 9/10 week I was expecting? I was told that in this climate, acclimated plants can be fast finishers.
10_12_9.jpg
10_12_8.jpg
10_12_7.jpg
10_12_6.jpg
10_12_51.jpg
10_12_41.jpg
10_12_31.jpg
10_12_11.jpg
10_12_51.jpg

This morning there were 2 nanners that were not there, or seen yesterday, both open. Will these pollinate? I removed with tweezers.

Sorry so pic heavy.
Thank you.

I've had outdoor plants grow a few empty bananas during the last 2-3 weeks of flowering. Nothing seeded and all was well. Did you see and remnants of pollen?

Love the pics! Some buds sure look full of resin. I'm a total newb but have you checked your trichomes?

Also, maybe I'm just seeing things but is that a caterpillar on the right side of the last photo? They look like great plants!

Happy Harvest :thumb:

Thank you. What looks like a caterpillar is from a leaf minor. I check the trichomes frequently. With this being bag seed, I don't know how long they will take.

Annjulieah, I am new at this again. I would like them to be as good as they should be. Big ask!
These seem too young to be close… my oldest two started their 5th week on Sunday.
Today she has some cloudy and a few amber. Yesterday they were all like glass. I struggle with the 40x loupe I have. I ordered a mini microscope, probably won’t be here for another week. There are always trade winds making it hard to keep still & see.
I need to read up now, not sure how fast they will turn, Should probably flush soon. Can anyone with experience please give some advice?

Stinker,

I had the same issues with magnification. This is probably a duh, but what helped me was to quit trying to check trichomes on the plant and to cut a small sugar leaf and then struggle with my 60x mag indoors.

I'm sure those in the know will chime in. :bump:

These do seem to be fast. This flower is probably just 4 weeks.
10_13_7.jpg
Not trying to over post pics, just excited and very impressed with the seeds. I think these were very well acclimated for the islands. I know nothing about the seeds, other than bud I got was a done as favor via 3rd party, and these buds are not usually seen locally. What I received was un-manicured, contained 1 heavily seeded bud where the rest had none. 2+oz for 200, a favor. I picked it up by boat. I'm rambling

The whole trichome.. how long do I have is such an asked question. I can watch them. These do seem fast, is it realistic to consider that they could mature as soon as 6/7 weeks?

I can almost blow these pics up enough to see cloudy/amber. Amazing that they are taken with a 4yo iphone.

Thank you.

Outdoor plants rarely go more than 8-9 weeks average being 6-7. If they were acclimatized for a generation or more it's the end of the line. I actually had landrace sativa that finished in Seltember this year. Indoor varieties will start flowering later and that's a pain in the ass or you're very far up north like 50-60N then it's possible.

Thank you conradino. I see the trichomes at around 40% cloudy, with very few amber. I'm really not certain I am reading correctly.
10_16_4.jpg
10_16_3.jpg

Cut the sample, dry it, smoke it, there's no better way!

Cut the sample, dry it, smoke it, there's no better way!

I did, good advice. It is too spacey for me, as it is for a daily smoke. I want to use my own grow asap. Fed this morning, pots are dry in 1.5 days, I'll then I'll flush a few times and harvest this girl early next week.
DSC0001522.JPG

Thank you.

Yesterday marked week 5 of flower for my 2 most mature, others follow by 5 days, to 2 weeks. There is so much I don't know, and what I knew is not the same today.
Could these be fast finishers? Like in the 6/7 week, rather than the 9/10 week I was expecting? I was told that in this climate, acclimated plants can be fast finishers.
10_12_9.jpg
10_12_8.jpg
10_12_7.jpg
10_12_6.jpg
10_12_51.jpg
10_12_41.jpg
10_12_31.jpg
10_12_11.jpg
10_12_51.jpg

This morning there were 2 nanners that were not there, or seen yesterday, both open. Will these pollinate? I removed with tweezers.

Sorry so pic heavy.
Thank you.
Looking good! If you have doubts I would invest in a Loupe/ magnifier and check your trichomes

Stinker,

I had the same issues with magnification. This is probably a duh, but what helped me was to quit trying to check trichomes on the plant and to cut a small sugar leaf and then struggle with my 60x mag indoors.

I'm sure those in the know will chime in. :bump:
Take a picture with your phone and then blow it up to get a real good look.

Back
Top Bottom