Week 7-8 flowering small buds!

Herbshuttles

Hey, I'm growing two purple kush in coco coir in 5 gallon smart pots in a grow tent. 2 300w LED Viparspectras. Have a carbon filter sucking air out, a hurricane mini fan helping circulate air and an air purifier. Temp is 68-73 at night 74-77 lights on. Humidity always 45-55%. Feeding with GH flora series at 5.8-5.99 pH.

I'm in week 7 day 5 of 12/12 and while my plants look nice (getting more frosty and hairs turning orangish) , the buds seem to be small for this stage and the pistils are still long. Purple kush is supposed to be a 7 weeker.the GH flora series drain to waste chart has a 9 week schedule so I figured I'd follow that, however I'm nearing week 8 (which is the ripen week where I'm supposed to add dry kool bloom) and as you can see in the pics I provide my buds are small and look behind. I'll list some problems I've had and have as maybe that will help someone more knowledgeable than me understand what could be going on. One day In mid flower I forgot to water and feed which is bad with coco. The next day I had brownish edges on the leaves. I gave them both a good flush until the pH and ppm's where the same as what I was watering with (took ten gallons each plant). Afterwards there was no further damage and trichomes progressed. Also, sometime in veg I noticed mites on my smart pots and in the coco. I treated with multiple azamax drenches and sprays and multiple nuke em drenches and sprays. After hours of studying under a microscope and researching online I'm about 99% sure they are Tyrophagus Prutiscentiae, or mold mites. I spray the pots and coco everytime I notice their numbers grow on the side of the pots (around every 2 days). They are supposedly not plant eaters but I still like to kill the ones I see for peace of mind.

Hopefully this info and the pics could help somebody in helping me decide what action to take. Should I continue to follow gh's schedule and go to week 8 (ripen nutes) or should I keep giving week 7's feed until the flowers are bigger? thanks in advance

Look like more than a week to go (more like 2-3) but one has to go by the trichs more, but way too many straight white pistils still IMHO. Are they Autos or is that time frame from when you switched lights to Flower? The numbers those places give is a "ballpark" and aren't always even close IMHO. How far away are your lights from tops? I'm usually around 15" in Flower (10-15 depends on plant a bit and temps).

Look like more than a week to go (more like 2-3) but one has to go by the trichs more, but way too many straight white pistils still IMHO. Are they Autos or is that time frame from when you switched lights to Flower? The numbers those places give is a "ballpark" and aren't always even close IMHO. How far away are your lights from tops? I'm usually around 15" in Flower (10-15 depends on plant a bit and temps).

Your thoughts on the pistils are exactly how I feel. Been 7 weeks 5 days since I switched to 12/12 , probably like 16 weeks from seed. They aren't auto. The closest cola is like 18-19 inches which is what the lights company suggests for flowering. The rest are further away , they didn't grow as high.

You can try and lower it like an inch at a time to get towards 15", just keep an eye on them as you can tell when they don't like it (or do the back of your hand thing, if too warm to be comfortable then too close). They fatten up the last couple weeks, and like I said IMHO you have a minimum of two to go still and maybe three or more yet.

You can try and lower it like an inch at a time to get towards 15", just keep an eye on them as you can tell when they don't like it (or do the back of your hand thing, if too warm to be comfortable then too close). They fatten up the last couple weeks, and like I said IMHO you have a minimum of two to go still and maybe three or more yet.

Would you suggest staying on the GH feed schedule and starting dry kool bloom (ripen nutes) week 8 , which is in 2 days? Or repeating week 7

Would you suggest staying on the GH feed schedule and starting dry kool bloom (ripen nutes) week 8 , which is in 2 days? Or repeating week 7

Not familiar with the dry kool bloom, but I use the GO line and use the bud booster one halfway into flowering until I just use water at the end. I don't follow a "schedule" as each strain a bit different, some want more nutes and others don't want very much (tips burn easy), so just use it more of a "guideline" and do what you think it wants (gets easier as you learn, as you learn to read the plants better).

Wait I forgot to mention that I took the light clamps off to raise the lights and connect them directly to the top of the tent. Therefore if I add them to make height asher's table again, it will add an extra 5 inches even at its highest up setting. Not sure if I should do that

Ok, so I'm on week 8 day 5 , nearing flush (start of week 9). Progress seems to have been made but I still have some pistils too white and long for my liking. Should I repeat week 8 (ripen nutes) or should I just start my flush and flush until they are ready for harvest? It's my first harvest so bare with me. Here's some pics with flash on (apologize for the blurple lighting, will take some more lights out). Any tips/suggestions are greatly appreciated

On a positive note: buds are extremely sticky and smell amazing

Smart Choice! Hope they Worked out for you.Have Fun!✌

the buds themselves ended up being almost non existent.Mostly a culmination of sugar leaves, hairs and stems. There was SOME bud growth but it was extremely minimal. Maybe a choice nug here or there. Also, there was no high when smoked. Still trying to figure out where I went wrong; maybe the lights were no good

the buds themselves ended up being almost non existent.Mostly a culmination of sugar leaves, hairs and stems. There was SOME bud growth but it was extremely minimal. Maybe a choice nug here or there. Also, there was no high when smoked. Still trying to figure out where I went wrong; maybe the lights were no good
Can I ask what light you grew them under?

Maybe it was the genetics

looks like the buds still not yet ready that is why the THC is a bit low this happen to me once and lights is not enough to help her produce high THC minim 1000w but what type of lights you are using will make big difference too.

Back
Top Bottom