Week one of flower - Advice on the stretch

Loggerjoe1

All plants are from feminized seed,
6. White widow
6. Purple kush
2. Sour diesel
1. 15% cbd "Remedy"

All in 5 gal pots with a 50/50 mix of verma fire amd verma soil.
Under 16, H.O. T5 bulbs and one 250watt led
Using full line of 3 part emerald harvest nutes amd additives

Ok guys and gals. I am on day 7 of flower, after 45 days from seed. I did top everything in veg as well as manifold them, but I have a few questions ,

1. How can i slow the growth of the stretch on some of my faster growing girls. I have heard pros and cons of pinching the stems. I have done it. I figured fuck it why not try. I have a few white widows and a p kush that seem to be streching alot more than the others. some have a full hand length between nodes. Amd i dont have he light coverage to tie them back down. See first pictures
20170108_214453.jpg
20170108_214820.jpg
20170108_214632.jpg

# 2, i guess isnt really a question just wanted to see what you guys thought i guess some nodes seem to be alternating amd very close together why are others so far apart. And the 2 pictures below are both ww planted on dec 2
20170108_214426.jpg
20170108_214453.jpg

Anywho thanks for the read one last one of the tops
20170108_214553.jpg

They look great! And excellent strains too. I think they are perfect candidates for super cropping. I do that to control my canopy height all the time and I have 10 T5s and trying to keep them close enough evenly is always a task.

It's like pinching but more aggressive. I've done so during early flower weeks with no set backs at all.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey i appreciate the compliment, this is my first full grow. My last grow the cops took before i could turn them to 12/12. So this is my first time in flower. But my problem with super croping is, i have so many plants crammed in there if i bend a taller one over it would be sitting ontop of a shorter plant (and or) bud. I want to try it but some planys are just taller. And my bud sites per plant are all even one of my tallest has 8 branches all the same height just taller than the others.

Well i tried the branches on a full plant last night about midnight. Pinched them and bent them over past 90° woke up this am at 8 and they were already heading back up. I gotta say imma do the rest tonight when i feed. But on the neg side when i was checking them i accidently broke a branch. Im sorta used to them breaking from time to time on outside grows but it still kinda sucks. I just figured id leave it and see what happens
20170109_084040.jpg
20170109_084022.jpg
20170109_083732.jpg

Tge last pic the one hust straightend right back up tho.

Well i tried the branches on a full plant last night about midnight. Pinched them and bent them over past 90° woke up this am at 8 and they were already heading back up. I gotta say imma do the rest tonight when i feed. But on the neg side when i was checking them i accidently broke a branch. Im sorta used to them breaking from time to time on outside grows but it still kinda sucks. I just figured id leave it and see what happens
20170109_084040.jpg
20170109_084022.jpg
20170109_083732.jpg

Tge last pic the one hust straightend right back up tho.

I break them all the time and they heal stronger than before. If you want you can give her a little added support with some tape but you'll want to take it off later as the adhesive isn't ideal for the stem. But for early breaks very helpful.

My super cropping perks up too quickly too and I rebend and rebend again and again.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ya it was a little beyond saving. As i fed today it was wilted amd so I just took it off. Oh well no biggie i guess.

I did on the other hand supercrop the rest of the tops as i was feeding. i think it has evend out very well. I will be inspecting once the lights come on and ill post pics.

Back
Top Bottom