Weight for weight, auto or photo?

Autofacade

A little question alot of people have probably asked but.....
Weight for weight what's more profitable to grow autos or photos. When I say profitable the amount of bud and quality over the period of say a year. Autos have come along way with some tipping the 20%thc levels and speed of growing vouching 12weeks seed to harvest with the end product looking mighty tempting. On the other hand you have the photos. Which you can push to super dank fat an heavy tree like colas. But is it worth the extra time.....

I hand it to you the experts what do you think?

I've grown some big autos, but nothing compared to photos I've grown

Even growing a photo 2months longer with elec, nutes, etc, two added OZ, offsets any costs

Examine please what an auto is. It is a cross with the Ruderalis plant, a short scrawny northern latitudes plant that always remains quite small and has very little THC content. An auto is genetically restricted in size because of one of its parents being a runt as well as restricted in quality. So, right off the bat a photo is going to genetically be capable of being bigger than an auto. This doesn't even consider that you can veg a photo longer to produce a bigger plant to take into bloom... and at a certain point, every week you add in veg will double the final yield. There is no comparison in size or quality, and the fast growing times of the autos does not make up this deficit for the patient gardener who is willing to wait another few weeks for the photo to finish up.

the ability to do clone runs of photos make them far more cost efficient imo
that has to be factored in. plus control over veg time.

i'm certainly not against a few quick autos tho. thinking of trying a couple this winter season.

Sure, the autos will get you saleable weed quicker and in bigger quantities. It will also be of lesser quality (compare the same varieties between the auto and photo THC level) then what a photo can produce. I do not sell (but do give it away) so I personally grow photos.
In fact, I just went to Dr. Seeds (a sponsor) 10 minutes ago and ordered some more GG#4 photo seeds.

Examine please what an auto is. It is a cross with the Ruderalis plant, a short scrawny northern latitudes plant that always remains quite small and has very little THC content. An auto is genetically restricted in size because of one of its parents being a runt as well as restricted in quality. So, right off the bat a photo is going to genetically be capable of being bigger than an auto. This doesn't even consider that you can veg a photo longer to produce a bigger plant to take into bloom... and at a certain point, every week you add in veg will double the final yield. There is no comparison in size or quality, and the fast growing times of the autos does not make up this deficit for the patient gardener who is willing to wait another few weeks for the photo to finish up.
You couldn't be further from facts with that bold statement.

First let's set it off with the truth.
A auto is a mutation that effects the growth of a plant.

'Spontaneous mutations are those that occur without human intervention. These types of mutation happen randomly and the cause of them therefore not easily traceable. We do know, however, several things that cause mutations or increase their frequency. This includes the activity of mutagens found in nature such as solar radiation or reactive chemicals such as depurinators or free radicals. Mistakes during the replication of DNA during mitosis or unequal crossing-over events during meiosis can go un-repaired in a cell, leading to mutant progeny cells. It is hard to tell at what rate these occur, because the cellular machinery typically catches these mistakes. Occasionally, however, some mistakes make it permanently into the organism’s genome'

So what is this auto? Nothing as it's just a made up name for a short season mutation within the cannabis genome.

Spontaneous mutations are those that occur without human intervention. These types of mutation happen randomly and the cause of them therefore not easily traceable. We do know, however, several things that cause mutations or increase their frequency. This includes the activity of mutagens found in nature such as solar radiation or reactive chemicals such as depurinators or free radicals. Mistakes during the replication of DNA during mitosis or unequal crossing-over events during meiosis can go un-repaired in a cell, leading to mutant progeny cells. It is hard to tell at what rate these occur, because the cellular machinery typically catches these mistakes. Occasionally, however, some mistakes make it permanently into the organism’s genome.

This is what a auto is. Not just a ruderalis cross lol. If i crossed a rudy x photo i would get all photo plant's and not 1 auto.

Many auto's are not short and runts but reach as tall as 2 meter and have 20%+ the.

They are not all good though and I am not here to say they are. First the mutation is a dominant gene in the cannabis genome so pollenate every thing with auto and by f5 all cannabis genome would be auto. Scary shit but true.

Second a good auto needs 20hr of light to produce good yields. Indoor your burning more electric and producing more heat in the grow room.

They need more root space than photos early in life or will flower small and effect yield.

You can clone some auto's on 24hr light but they never produce as good s they mother seed plant.
A few auto buds.
20181005_185947.jpg
20191008_184904.jpg
20191001_134622.jpg
20190923_152854.jpg
20191013_103218.jpg
20190923_152943.jpg
20190713_160927.jpg
20181006_183327_20181006190022644.jpg

You couldn't be further from facts with that bold statement.

First let's set it off with the truth.
A auto is a mutation that effects the growth of a plant.

'Spontaneous mutations are those that occur without human intervention. These types of mutation happen randomly and the cause of them therefore not easily traceable. We do know, however, several things that cause mutations or increase their frequency. This includes the activity of mutagens found in nature such as solar radiation or reactive chemicals such as depurinators or free radicals. Mistakes during the replication of DNA during mitosis or unequal crossing-over events during meiosis can go un-repaired in a cell, leading to mutant progeny cells. It is hard to tell at what rate these occur, because the cellular machinery typically catches these mistakes. Occasionally, however, some mistakes make it permanently into the organism’s genome'

So what is this auto? Nothing as it's just a made up name for a short season mutation within the cannabis genome.

Spontaneous mutations are those that occur without human intervention. These types of mutation happen randomly and the cause of them therefore not easily traceable. We do know, however, several things that cause mutations or increase their frequency. This includes the activity of mutagens found in nature such as solar radiation or reactive chemicals such as depurinators or free radicals. Mistakes during the replication of DNA during mitosis or unequal crossing-over events during meiosis can go un-repaired in a cell, leading to mutant progeny cells. It is hard to tell at what rate these occur, because the cellular machinery typically catches these mistakes. Occasionally, however, some mistakes make it permanently into the organism’s genome.

This is what a auto is. Not just a ruderalis cross lol. If i crossed a rudy x photo i would get all photo plant's and not 1 auto.

Many auto's are not short and runts but reach as tall as 2 meter and have 20%+ the.

They are not all good though and I am not here to say they are. First the mutation is a dominant gene in the cannabis genome so pollenate every thing with auto and by f5 all cannabis genome would be auto. Scary shit but true.

Second a good auto needs 20hr of light to produce good yields. Indoor your burning more electric and producing more heat in the grow room.

They need more root space than photos early in life or will flower small and effect yield.

You can clone some auto's on 24hr light but they never produce as good s they mother seed plant.
A few auto buds.
20181005_185947.jpg
20191008_184904.jpg
20191001_134622.jpg
20190923_152854.jpg
20191013_103218.jpg
20190923_152943.jpg
20190713_160927.jpg
Is a Auto plant as good as its counterpart Photo plant in regards to THC level? No. I do not care about the rest.

Can it be as high THC level? Yes it can a lot of auto's measure 20%+ THC. Long gone as the low THE ruderalis and even Lowryder of years gone.
Go to seed sellers that list THC levels. Find a particular variety that they are selling in both Auto and Photo. The Auto will be listed at a lower THC level.
I'm not arguing Autos can't have high THC levels just that their counterpart listing of the Photo variety will be listed at a higher level.

Go to seed sellers that list THC levels. Find a particular variety that they are selling in both Auto and Photo. The Auto will be listed at a lower THC level.
I'm not arguing Autos can't have high THC levels just that their counterpart listing of the Photo variety will be listed at a higher level.

i went to have a look at that, and instantly found 4 site sponsors referencing ruderalis in their auto genetics lol

For 1. Dutch passion auto ultimate 16-20%THC Dutch passion ultimate up to 20% THC wasn't hard to find lol.

Auto Ultimate is the autoflowering version of Dutch Passion's super productive strain "The Ultimate" and produces crazy yields for an autoflowering plant. Provided you give her enough space and light it is possible to obtain well in excess of 200 grams per plant - and this is the yield in a grow-room! Moreover, the THC level is amazing: 16-20%!

For 1. Dutch passion auto ultimate 16-20%THC Dutch passion ultimate up to 20% THC wasn't hard to find lol.

Auto Ultimate is the autoflowering version of Dutch Passion's super productive strain "The Ultimate" and produces crazy yields for an autoflowering plant. Provided you give her enough space and light it is possible to obtain well in excess of 200 grams per plant - and this is the yield in a grow-room! Moreover, the THC level is amazing: 16-20%!
Fine, you found one (wow 16-20%!). I grow GG#4 and it hits 30% THC; find the auto counterpart that hits 30% please.

Fine, you found one (wow 16-20%!). I grow GG#4 and it hits 30% THC; find the auto counterpart that hits 30% please.
Lol I ask you to cross your GG4 and hit 30% THC? Bet you can't even with 2 photos you would have to find a 1-1000 plant to get it so your point is not really based on auto vs photo but clone only vs auto? Nothing to do with a seed grow. Grow a pack of so called GG#4 seed and get them tested I bet you don't hit 30% :goodluck:

Lol I ask you to cross your GG4 and hit 30% THC? Bet you can't even with 2 photos you would have to find a 1-1000 plant to get it so your point is not really based on auto vs photo but clone only vs auto? Nothing to do with a seed grow. Grow a pack of so called GG#4 seed and get them tested I bet you don't hit 30% :goodluck:
I'm referring to what the seed seller (a sponsor btw) was claiming. I've asked you to find GG#4 in auto that is listed at close to 30%THC since you are claiming autos have the same amount of THC.
Sure, they can have the same if we are speaking of the low levels of 20% as darn near any weed plant should have at least 20%; find me GG#4 Auto (or anything that has this level of THC) with a claimed THC value pushing 30% (from a reputable site) and then I'll believe autos have the same THC levels.

Back
Top Bottom