Weird curled leaves and now it's spreading

bigjack

WP_20151018_18_34_36_Rich_noexif.jpg

Amnesia problem here. Leaves are curled sideways on new growth and the edges are folder under on old growth. It's been like this since it broke ground. But now I'm seeing some curled under leaves on my other plant

5 gal air pots, with promix, GO nutes, and ph'd to 5.5-6 tap water. Temps are getting cooler now but was the same when it was hot a month ago.

Do you have a 50x scope? Those little hand magnifiers. Look at that closely at that power for any little critters. Just to rule out a pest, particularly russet mite. If that is what you have I recommend using diatomaceous earth. Apply the powder with an applicator to top and bottom of leaves and leave it on for a day. Should look like a flocked x-mas tree. I also like to water it into my soil. Then take a sprayer, hand pump garden sprayer works best and rinse it off with plain water. Repeat every 5 days for at least 3 weeks. I hope that's not what you have, but the little bastards will make you think you have a deficiency and nothing you do to your fertz will work. When I had them my leaves did all kinds of weird stuff but mostly canoed or curled up from the sides. Hope this helps.

Do you always adjust the PH of your water when using Promix? I use plain water at 7.0 and it works great. Promix should already be around 5.5 PH in the bale and is buffered well. I've never needed to bring the PH down more.

It's my first grow in promix and everything I read said ph the nutes down.

I think it all depends on your grow medium. If I was in coco, rockwool, DWC, or other soil, I'd agree. In Promix, not so much.

it looks like an over nute situation to me. What is the ppm of the mix you are using? Your ph seems fine, the very dark green and the curling, and now this top damage, looks like too much of a good thing to me. Cut the nutes in half after a flush and see if it makes a difference?
I don't have a ppm meter but I have followed the GO feeding chart.

Cut the GO feeding in half and see what happens, and I also agree with Major PITA on promix...Also agree with a flush with half of what you have been feeding on the last flush.

I don't have a ppm meter but I have followed the GO feeding chart.

that chart is designed to help you use the most of their product as possible and still not damage your plants. It is their goal to sell you as much of this stuff as they can. The problem with their chart, is it does not take into consideration all soils and all varieties of pot... and some varieties simply can't handle the maximum amount of nutes. Then again, some growers making various mistakes also can be shot in the foot by using the recommended rates. Bottom line, you are having a problem. You have to change something. Flip a coin and make a decision... but do something... and that something for me would be to follow the advice of people who grow beautiful plants consistently.

Back
Top Bottom