Weird Flowering Of Humboldt Blue Dream

startergrow

I grew two plants from Humboldt Blue Dream seeds. I'm using a DWC setup I've had a lot of success with and constantly check and keep ppm and ph within acceptable ranges.

Veg stage went well and I flipped to 12/12 for flower. I severely underestimated the stretch in flower these guys have. Forget double, more like four or five times the stretch. The plant overtook my tent with thin but crowded with stalks.

I didn't expect much after that but continued. The buds never fully developed and I got long skinny "white haired" stalks. I still managed to salvage some thin flower and use the rest for canabutter and tincture.

I had a clone cutting however and tried again. This time I switched to 12/12 much earlier. It stretched a lot still but I had room.

The problem is the buds have the same thinness problem. Here's some pics at 90 days of flowering. The trichomes are clouding but still glassy so I am leaving it but my expectations are low. It seems unlikely there will be any appreciable bud growth although trichomes everywhere,

So as it is a clone reacting the same way it must be genetics. Anyone had this experience before specifically with Humboldt Seeds? I emailed them
but they never replied. Am I missing something? Is this how this strain grows? Seems unlikely/

Hey Chris, no light leaks, They're in a tent in a closet in the basement so closed in pretty good.

I agree it's definitely confused and both the seed and clone went the same way.

multiVortex, I also have some more of the same seeds so I'll try them next. Maybe I just hit a bad one.

I have to say though, what little that was on the first plant (mostly stalk) still did the job when it was vaped and made in to a tincture. Good and different enough to risk this second grow. I'll probably do the same with this one too so not a total loss

Hey did you ever debunk what was wrong with your HSO blue dream?
Because funnily enough i have grown the same seed from around the same time an had the exact same thing happen.
It was grown in with another strain from another organisation and it grew perfectly, as has every other strain in my setup, however the B.D did exactly as yours has here, an never really finished flower and never got any density after 90+ days, just kept stretching an stretching and never filled in. I will note the smell and taste an high was almost on point, the bud just looked like trash.

I tried a third seed from the same batch (came in a little wooden case) and got the same result. Massive growth but really long and thin almost no buds, just flower along the stalk. Enough attempts to know it probably wasn't me and something up with the genetics at that point. Made it really hard to grow as it just kept stretching without filling out.

I totally agree though, if you scrape the bits of bud off it has a really good effect. Just wish some buds had formed.

I might try a different seedbank for Blue Dream. I never received a reply from HSO which is disappointing.

Grew it out a year ago. Didn't have that issue, but it did start to foxtail a lot. Kept it in check with a tip snip, and they fattened out a bit.

Smoke was good, but weird AF.

Right after dry (I like to know where I start before cure, and where I end), it was good but made me dizzy as hell. I mean spinning like I was drunk off my ass. After an 8 week cure, it was on point.

Yeah okay, i appreciate your experience, gives me a bit more confidence that those seeds are trash an not my growing haha.

Yeah ite pretty disappointing by HSO. I have read some poor reviews of their Blue Dream, nothing like what we both seem to have experienced but its enough to suggest anyone else in the future to avoid it.
I even lowered my Light hours to 10/14 instead and it didnt change anything.

Mine grew like foxtails in some areas as well, but not even good foxtailing (if that can be a thing) still had no density to it. Just a massive hairy airy stick tree.

I do have a HSO Green Crack which is fair dinkum on point! So i wouldnt bash all there stuff, but yeah i think chasing Blue Dream from another Bank would be wise.

I'd have a look for blue haze (blueberry haze) seeds as well if you don't find a winner with blue dream.
It seems to be the same but backcrossed with haze. I have a couple grams of it I set aside a few months ago.
It's definitely a euphoric sativa high. It's something I'd consider growing myself. Hopefully it comes around again.

I will say the secondary buds weren’t exactly dense, but not like big pieces of larf.

Wasn’t much to look at at first glance, but was still good.

Chalk it up to shit happens sometimes, and grow on.

I grew two plants from Humboldt Blue Dream seeds. I'm using a DWC setup I've had a lot of success with and constantly check and keep ppm and ph within acceptable ranges.

Veg stage went well and I flipped to 12/12 for flower. I severely underestimated the stretch in flower these guys have. Forget double, more like four or five times the stretch. The plant overtook my tent with thin but crowded with stalks.

I didn't expect much after that but continued. The buds never fully developed and I got long skinny "white haired" stalks. I still managed to salvage some thin flower and use the rest for canabutter and tincture.

I had a clone cutting however and tried again. This time I switched to 12/12 much earlier. It stretched a lot still but I had room.

The problem is the buds have the same thinness problem. Here's some pics at 90 days of flowering. The trichomes are clouding but still glassy so I am leaving it but my expectations are low. It seems unlikely there will be any appreciable bud growth although trichomes everywhere,

So as it is a clone reacting the same way it must be genetics. Anyone had this experience before specifically with Humboldt Seeds? I emailed them
but they never replied. Am I missing something? Is this how this strain grows? Seems unlikely/

Hey bud,
I'm currently growing Blue dream. And it looks similar to that when it began to flower. But is really filling in now around week 6. However. I vegged mine indoor 24/7 led lights and put outside in Florida sun and nights starting in June. I would suggest good organic nutrients. I use Foxfarm trio and two Hombolt county additives. Sweet & Sticky and Gravity G10. I hit them hard. And the Gravity too just be careful with it. Used proper it'll really add mass. I'm also growing Marza E Shariff. Good luck mate. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom