Weird grow

Hazie Clear

Purple fans...stunted growth...
image16711.jpg

I started this grow with same seeds. 1 auto widow. 1 Jack. 1 Afg. Widow did great. 9 wks 1 day = 30g. Jack and Afg looked great at this time. After switch, Jack spread out great looking bud sights. Afg stayed tight with few sights. After 2nd week in bloom, started seeing a little purple in fans. From then on more and more purple. I can not figure out for the life of me why both plants quit growing in ht. and quit stretching. I just cut Jack at 15 wks, 6 days and after dry got 30g. Normally I get 55-60. Afg is pretty much just a 2 1/2" cola. Haven't cut yet, trich's are still clear. Any comments on any part of this R appreciated. Thanks friends.
image16712.jpg

Re: Weird grow...

The only thing different is I added a Home Depot 2 light 4' fluorescent life grow bulbs down low for uplight.

Re: Weird grow...

After you cut the light the plants stop stretching and start to bloom. This is normal. Your plants look great... maybe a little too much nitrogen but otherwise very nice.

Normally, they continue growing, and stretching quite a bit. These ones just stopped. Same seeds last time grew a foot taller, and 3 times wider.

I just cut the one with purple leaves. It stayed so tight, there was good sized buds growing 1/2" off the stalk. They just didn't branch out. Weird right?

the addition of the light most likely stopped the stretch, cooler overall temps could also stunt and purple up your plants

There is still nothing weird

I use 8 bulb 4' t-5. Switch half the bulbs with red at switch. Have done this same grow with same seed, and same light set up with very different results. The other times they grew much taller and wider. Could the bulbs be wearing out?

I use 8 bulb 4' t-5. Switch half the bulbs with red at switch. Have done this same grow with same seed, and same light set up with very different results. The other times they grew much taller and wider. Could the bulbs be wearing out?

Yea maybe...I'd probably switch them out once a year. Too cheap of a cost compared to the weight its going to add

Back
Top Bottom