Weird leaves on seedling

Bnelly

To start this seedling had some issues and opened up with cotyledon facing down. Slowly got her facing up but shes always had odd leaves. Weird note, it has 4 bladed leaves??

Granddaddy Purp
Using Sungro Black Gold Seedling mix
Ph 6.2
Currently inside but goes out when clouds arent bad. On 18/6 light schedule

No nutes, I added like 1/4 strength and locked some plants out because of overwatering as well. Flushed on Monday with 6.2 ph water. She has already made a good rebound from that. Also I believe she and 1 other plant have Thrips so I sprayed all of my plants with neem oil yesterday. Today I just noticed on the leaves with thrips that they are starting to twist and warp.

Attachments

• 20200417_135843.jpg
    20200417_135843.jpg
    583.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 20200417_135829.jpg
    20200417_135829.jpg
    513.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 20200417_135809.jpg
    20200417_135809.jpg
    506.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 20200417_135805.jpg
    20200417_135805.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 53
You might need to drop your pH a bit in that seedling mix.
It’s made primarily with Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss and Perlite, so you might need to hit somewhere like 5.8 and treat it like coco. Do you have drain holes on those cups?

You might need to drop your pH a bit in that seedling mix.
It’s made primarily with Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss and Perlite, so you might need to hit somewhere like 5.8 and treat it like coco. Do you have drain holes on those cups?
Yes drain holes are on all cups,
I dont like the soil as it is, and was reading others reviews and they didnt have good times either. I am planning on transplanting them to 5 gal fabric pots with ffof and around 20% perlite either Sunday or Monday depending on time. Do you think it will be ok with them still seeming stressed a little bit?

Yes drain holes are on all cups,
I dont like the soil as it is, and was reading others reviews and they didnt have good times either. I am planning on transplanting them to 5 gal fabric pots with ffof and around 20% perlite either Sunday or Monday depending on time. Do you think it will be ok with them still seeming stressed a little bit?
I’d try dropping the pH for a couple of days to see if you can get them happy first.

If they are autos... yes get them into 5s, but if they are photos, Id get them into 1 gallons first, with just straight up Happy Frog. Let a good root system grow.

When they’re ready to go into 5 gallons (I transplant a week before I plan to flip), then use the Ocean Forest with 8 quarts of #4 perlite. Transplant (I use Great White Mica to dust the root hole), trim off any clones or smaller nodes, give them a week to recover, and flip to 12/12.

Going into 1 gallon

Going into 5 gallon

I’d try dropping the pH for a couple of days to see if you can get them happy first.

If they are autos... yes get them into 5s, but if they are photos, Id get them into 1 gallons first, with just straight up Happy Frog. Let a good root system grow.

When they’re ready to go into 5 gallons (I transplant a week before I plan to flip), then use the Ocean Forest with 8 quarts of #4 perlite. Transplant (I use Great White Mica to dust the root hole), trim off any clones or smaller nodes, give them a week to recover, and flip to 12/12.
Got it, I'll go ahead and adjust ph a little and let them respond back before the transplanting.

Wow those are beautiful and im so happy to find out about putting the pot in the soil to make the hole. I was digging it out by hand

Back
Top Bottom