Weird or Normal? for a 2 week old

Cruizer

Will this eventually turn into a viable plant? or toss it? It was planted in 1/2 black soil and 1/2 cleaned beach sand. Planted 1" deep. Unknown type/stain...bag seed.
IMG_20140725_184618.jpg
IMG_20140725_184558.jpg

Beach sand, was it from sand along saltwater or freshwater? I don't know about in the case of sand from freshwater beaches but when it comes to saltwater beaches the pH can vary greatly depending on how close to the water it comes from. It can range from around 8.5 near the water line to around 6.0 where the actual beach ends and land/ground/soil begins. Since freshwater lakes can in some cases be acidic, especially Southern lakes, I would have to guess there would be some degree of variance too depending on how close or far from the water level the sand comes from, but how much I don't know and it could vary more or less depending on the lake.

Thanks Brick Top,
It's Pacific Ocean Saltwater Beach Sand. I got it where the beach ends and dug down about a foot. It was an experiment and then i get this plant...lol, I will try it again on my next go. I have also located dirt that the locals swear by. I have to dig down under some low Native tree/shrub, unsure of the name. Going to get some and test it, out of curiosity.

Anyways, I have since replanted into Neutral PH soil.

shes gonna be a mutant looks like.. i'd grow her as long as I could if I were you. Just to see what it ends up looking like. Who knows, mutant weed!!

Thanks Brick Top,
It's Pacific Ocean Saltwater Beach Sand. I got it where the beach ends and dug down about a foot. It was an experiment and then i get this plant...lol, I will try it again on my next go. I have also located dirt that the locals swear by. I have to dig down under some low Native tree/shrub, unsure of the name. Going to get some and test it, out of curiosity.

Anyways, I have since replanted into Neutral PH soil.

It is always a good idea to check the pH of the soil you are going to use before using it. Even if it's ;designer soil; that's consistently in the proper pH range there can from time to time be a batch where a thousand bags or so go out that are not as they should be. Take a smallish container, a party cup works well, a large sized margarine tub works, a bowl will work and fill it about half full with the soil. Then pour pH neutral water over it, water you first checked to make sure it is pH neutral, and cover the soil by about an inch or two. You might want to check in a while to make sure the soil hasn't soaked up enough water that there is no liquid/water left and if so add more pH neutral water. Let it sit overnight and then stick in your pH meter and leave it until it stops bouncing around, which it will do, and when it hits a steady or close enough to being steady reading than you will know for sure what the pH of your soil is. Of course you want to start by calibrating your pH meter to assure you get an accurate reading, but it is worth the time and effort. Maybe 8 out of 10 times the soil will be as advertised but all it takes is that one time for you to have problems with your crop that otherwise could have been avoided by amending the soil to have the proper pH before you use it.

It's prophylactic growing, a safe sex form of growing. Take precautions and leave nothing to chance or fate. It will help you to avoid problems in the future.

Update: Okay so i took some hits off my bong and looked at this girl with stoned eyes and saw the cool pot leaf looking at me. Didn't notice it before, hahaha. :cheer:
IMG_20140810_010716.jpg
IMG_20140810_010618.jpg
IMG_20140810_010148.jpg
IMG_20140810_010059.jpg

Update: Still growing!
So my question is should I tie her down now or wait til older? She has that crazy leaf sticking up and i feel she would get better light if i bent it down. Thoughts? Take it off? Leave on?
IMG_20140814_063401.jpg
IMG_20140814_063118.jpg

Update: She's getting her color back and catching up to her girlfriends with the new growth.
IMG_20140829_162053.jpg
IMG_20140829_162000.jpg
IMG_20140829_162138.jpg
IMG_20140829_162000.jpg
IMG_20140829_161947.jpg

Keeping an eye on the tips after giving mild ferts. They look better than 3 days ago, I also got my new digital PH meter and my PH was off, so hopefully this will correct the problem. Will keep updated on her progress :tommy:

Back
Top Bottom