Weird seedling - Dried leaf tip

Jackob

Hello,
i just started my first grow with 2 autos from mephisto (the famous AlienvsTriangle).

One of the seedling developped a whitish dried part at the end of one of the cotyledon leaves.
It fell off after some days.
Now the seedling looks really weird.
Any of you experienced guys can tell me what could have caused it?

The seedling soil is a mix of worm humus/black mountain soil and perlite. Can't measure ph, not even with runoff since i got no strip or devices.
Didn't added any nutes, just a bit of compost/manure tea.

CIMG0699.JPG

View image in gallery

What I can tell from the pic it might just be a mutant, with a genetic issue. Just keep it alive and don't feed it yet, don't overwater etc.
Good advice. Normally with a new grow I'd say overwater, but it doesn't look the case with yours. Potentially the " tea", was too hot for the seedling phase. No nutes, just PHd water. Get one if you don't have a PH tester, it could be as simple as your water.

Great stem thickness and node spacing for such a small girl.......

Thanks for the reply guys, i'll just water it and wait.
Does it show overfertilizing signs or is just a guess man?

Probably i was too fast in acclimatizing it to direct sunlight.
I live in Sicily and it's very hot in summer... some of my trees just died for heat shock.

Thanks for your help.

I don't mean hot soil as in temperature, I mean hot soil as in it had too much fertilizer for such a young seedling. Here we are a week later, how does she look now?

It's healthy apart from yellow and curled cotyledon leaves but the grown rate seem quite reduced.
A second girl got the same issues on cotyledon leaves but it's normal shaped. It's growth seem reduced too, some of the true leaves are too light green almost yellowish.

Do you think flushing it would help or do more harm?

Back
Top Bottom