Welcome To Archie’s Indoor/Outdoor Perpetual Garden

Wow Archie...great stuff my friend! First DBHBB gow and you get NOTM...wtf eh! Congrats to you sir......:cheer::bravo:keep up the great work bud....:high-five:
Thanks Duggs! I am loving the produce more and more. Seems like the cure never stops.
I am remiss. Very nice nug
and photograph.
My hat is off to you, sir!
:yahoo::headbanger:
Ahh much thanks Felipe :Namaste: she was a fairly well behaved plant and was purple from jump street. She was pretty hungry around midway through and kept me on my heels trying to keep up. I would feed her more aggressively next time around. Cheers!
But you are here! Yay!:high-five:

Garden Update
Hey everyone, I was busy finalizing the construction of the raised bed and filling her up. She now has a little over one kit worth of DBHBB soil.
Green Doctor is currently living a lot like Shed’s plants where I have a 14/10 schedule going in the tent. I wake up, mix my foliar spray, and then proceed to spray all the plants depending on which day it is. GD gets moved outside and then I just manually turn off the light. I make sure to get her back in the tent before the sun goes down. It’s harder than it sounds cause you can’t accidentally forget or else... yeah. Props to Shed, I don’t know how he does it lol.

I got a feeling we’re gonna see a lot of these bozos.
This bird seems to visit every morning. He sits on the top of the fence, swoops down looking for worms, then lands back on the fence. Repeat ad nauseum.
I can’t be certain but this rose bud looks like it has mites.

Well, that’s about the scope of things. It’s gonna be fairly boring for a while until we transplant into the raised bed. I’m working on getting the soil to transplant SG into her 30 gallon bag. The day of transplant is set for May15th. I will have almost exactly 14 hours of sunlight here and that means a smooth transition for Green Doctor. Cheers guys :bongrip:

Oh man, congrats on the NOTM! I'm sorry I didn't get in there in time but I've been a bit distracted lately even with Ms Amy's reminders. That beauty of a bud didn't need me anyway...it was a runaway fave :thumb:.
No problem Shed, thanks for the kind words buddy.
Huh,.."late"....Pftt!................................:rofl:
:ganjamon: Hey there Duggs, hope you had a good day buddy.
I'll be a window peeker. Such big pots...wow!
Hey there gato! :welcome: Glad to have you :circle-of-love:

Green Doctor is currently living a lot like Shed’s plants where I have a 14/10 schedule going in the tent. I wake up, mix my foliar spray, and then proceed to spray all the plants depending on which day it is. GD gets moved outside and then I just manually turn off the light. I make sure to get her back in the tent before the sun goes down. It’s harder than it sounds cause you can’t accidentally forget or else... yeah. Props to Shed, I don’t know how he does it lol.

I think you guys could use a greenhouse with blackout shades (for nighttime lights). Although carrying weights,
if done properly,
can be good for ya.
:ganjamon:

I think you guys could use a greenhouse with blackout shades (for nighttime lights). Although carrying weights,
if done properly,
can be good for ya.
:ganjamon:
That sounds perfect! I’ll have to start looking for some spare change in the couch :cheesygrinsmiley: Seriously though, is that a real thing with the blackouts?

Nice build Archi, more ideas...

Congrats on NOTM!
Thank Age :high-five:
You collecting ideas for your outdoor grow?

Third page. Looking forward To seeing some outdoor bushes. Hi Archi
Hey Lerugged I’m so glad you found me brother! We might get some bushes. If they get too tall I’m gonna have to bust out my topiary skills and shape them into elephants.

Thank Age :high-five:
You collecting ideas for your outdoor grow?

Yes, I've already got a raised bed above the pool, thats where I'd like to do my grow, but I gotta figure out what's been eating my plants first. I'm thinking might be caterpillars too.

but I gotta figure out what's been eating my plants first. I'm thinking might be caterpillars too.
If it's caterpillars they will still be on your plant so you should inspect closely. Otherwise it could be grasshoppers or carpenter bees (the big black or brown ones) or even wasps.

Seriously though, is that a real thing with the blackouts?

YeP! - gets referrred to as “Light Dep” method (light deprivation). It would be an awesome way to grow. I then about it a lot - so probably one day. But not any day soon. I know of folks who have done it manually, with tarps, which seems a lot of physical effort that I dont have access to, but if you can, it really works. It’s probably the superior way to grow outdoors - plants stay protected, using the sun for light, can start the flowering season when you need to :)

Thanks for the links Felipe! :thumb:

I like this system - i dream about some version of this one...

If you were fit and hale - a manual one like this that just goes from one side to the other (not up to the centre) would be quite easy if the GH wasn’t too big. Aspirations...

Ooh - like this!

Search “light dep” at YouTube and you’ll see lots of options :)

Back
Top Bottom