Welcome To Mocha's Garden

Oh :passitleft: wasn't thinking about hydro, but it says it's for all types, even hydro, and it mixes really well in about 10 minutes, it's dissolved :thumb: only some small calcium flakes floating :hmmmm: hmm, might want to strain it if you have filters, otherwise that may or may not cause a major clog, I'm not sure about that :nomo::reading420magazine:
Nope no filters, should be straight forward, West Hippie has been using it in his ebb and flow with great results. Only difference from him is I'm going use liquid koolbloom with mine (I haven't opened the bottle and am broke, so no bud explosion or sweet candy this round).

I found and you supplied the "business" ends..the specifics thank you and my wife said "Fk shipping costs get that sh!t!" MC has it together. I dont have any 'good' lights but 2400 watts of Mars Hydro I'm hoping gets me closer to the 1 Gram per watt figure.

I found and you supplied the "business" ends..the specifics thank you and my wife said "Fk shipping costs get that sh!t!" MC has it together. I dont have any 'good' lights but 2400 watts of Mars Hydro I'm hoping gets me closer to the 1 Gram per watt figure.
Is that 2400 actual watts :thedoubletake: all in 1 tent? :thedoubletake: Or like a TS 2000 or something?

Thanks SoG :passitleft:, and yes it's the new formula :thumb: and no, I use a 400 watt HPS in my veg closet, which is where she's at...I have no LEDs at this point...

And what do you mean by...where did you give the business on this? Are you asking what seed bank?

I forgot to mention that, I DO NOT PH anything in my garden :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: I use tap water left out over night to mix my Mega Crop into, along with a table spoon of terpinator...My soil (FFOF) buffers the PH to perfect all by itself :slide:
Why don't you ph? Im not asking like its a bad thing I’m just curious

Is that 2400 actual watts :thedoubletake: all in 1 tent? :thedoubletake: Or like a TS 2000 or something?
Its four 600s, using 1 over my seedlings and right now 2 over my vegging autos. Sorry I took so long I had to do an errand and left this..so those 600s are supposed to be pulling 100w at the wall and I'd like another 400w at least just for flowering. That long series is it TSL? 2000 is next and I might be doing that real soon.

Why don't you ph? Im not asking like its a bad thing I’m just curious
Oh no, I don't mind. I'm using a self buffering soil, which means, no matter what I "try" to PH my water/feed at it will be buffered to about 6.4 PH...that's just a guestimate...

Its four 600s, using 1 over my seedlings and right now 2 over my vegging autos. Sorry I took so long I had to do an errand and left this..so those 600s are supposed to be pulling 100w at the wall and I'd like another 400w at least just for flowering. That long series is it TSL? 2000 is next and I might be doing that real soon.

Yeah the L stands for long on all the Mars Hydro stuff, been looking looking at the TSL 2000 for my veg closet, but now that it's getting cold, my HID seems perfect, maybe come spring I'll get a couple...

I'd like to set up a rack, that would traverse over the grow area in an arc with one of the TSL. I feel like the LEDs with that, penetration problem, (phrasing) could be partially fulfilled by getting light farther over on each side. I dont see it helping shorter plants as much but they might with larger flowering plants. Idk just an idea.

It's been decades since I've done like you and all I had was a closet lol but a few times a had a nice size bedroom and I'd have 2 lights mh/hps 300w and I'd always get 1/2 pound just in tops of one but I didn't usually get even a qp with one light on just one plant @ 300w. That 1000! HFS you'd need welders goggles or a face shield and suntan lotion amirite? Migraine here we come!

I'd like to set up a rack, that would traverse over the grow area in an arc with one of the TSL. I feel like the LEDs with that, penetration problem, (phrasing) could be partially fulfilled by getting light farther over on each side. I dont see it helping shorter plants as much but they might with larger flowering plants. Idk just an idea.
I set my smaller plants on another clean bucket, to raise them up :thumb: and I don't have penetration problems :rofl: at least that's what my wife said as she started rolling on the floor after she saw me typing this :rofl: ...ahhh, no seriously my HIDs bounce off the tent walls pretty good...better if it was panda wrap (white backing)

It's been decades since I've done like you and all I had was a closet lol but a few times a had a nice size bedroom and I'd have 2 lights mh/hps 300w and I'd always get 1/2 pound just in tops of one but I didn't usually get even a qp with one light on just one plant @ 300w. That 1000! HFS you'd need welders goggles or a face shield and suntan lotion amirite? Migraine here we come!
I just pulled 22 zips and some fluff off of a 2 plant scrog, trimmed and dried, not cured yet. And yes it's bright :rofl: and yeah I have a pair of Nemesis dark safety glasses, but they're digital balasts, and I can dim them down to 50% of there max :thumb:

Oh no, I don't mind. I'm using a self buffering soil, which means, no matter what I "try" to PH my water/feed at it will be buffered to about 6.4 PH...that's just a guestimate...
I need to get my hands on some of that for next grow. Ph has my biggest problem this grow I think

I need to get my hands on some of that for next grow. Ph has my biggest problem this grow I think
Well, you're in FFOF aren't you :hmmmm: ...I thought that was my problem when I started using FFOF, my PH :thedoubletake: everything was going wonky and my leaves were discolored and twisted :thedoubletake: on an easy to grow white widow at that :popcorn:
Found out it was because I was trying to PH my water to put in a "self buffering soil" that didn't need to be PHed...so in effect I was making the plants work harder to discern what was what, not to mention the extra chems in my soil....Long story short after I stopped PHing my water/feed, my plants looked beautiful...

Here's a white widow grown from seed to full harvest with no PHing what so ever, just my tap water and Fox Farms Ocean Forest, with the fox farms nutrient trio every other watering
And another more recent with Mega Crop...still no PHing in FFOF

Well, you're in FFOF aren't you :hmmmm: ...I thought that was my problem when I started using FFOF, my PH :thedoubletake: everything was going wonky and my leaves were discolored and twisted :thedoubletake: on an easy to grow white widow at that :popcorn:
Found out it was because I was trying to PH my water to put in a "self buffering soil" that didn't need to be PHed...so in effect I was making the plants work harder to discern what was what, not to mention the extra chems in my soil....Long story short after I stopped PHing my water/feed, my plants looked beautiful...

Here's a white widow grown from seed to full harvest with no PHing what so ever, just my tap water and Fox Farms Ocean Forest, with the fox farms nutrient trio every other watering
And another more recent with Mega Crop...still no PHing in FFOF
This grow Im using 50/50 perlite/worm castings . Damn your white widow looks so much better then mine lol

This grow Im using 50/50 perlite/worm castings . Damn your white widow looks so much better then mine lol
Thank you very much :passitleft: I've had lots of practice :rofl: they didn't always look that good though :hmmmm:
not till I dialed everything in, and then stayed with what worked the best :thumb: which is why I'm still in FFOF with MegaCrop :morenutes:it does the work for you :slide::headbanger:

Thank you very much :passitleft: I've had lots of practice :rofl: they didn't always look that good though :hmmmm:
not till I dialed everything in, and then stayed with what worked the best :thumb: which is why I'm still in FFOF with MegaCrop :morenutes:it does the work for you :slide::headbanger:
My first grow I used mega crop and ffof . I think next grow ill go back to ffof the idea of not having to ph is appealing.

I just got through reading your journal. I hope everything is ok, I noticed there hasn't been a post for a month. I too grow in ffof using their line of nutes. The trio and soluables, I'm curious you say that the ffof soil buffers the ph. The feeding schedule for Fox farms states to "Always remember to adjust your PH" Your plants look amazing. How long have you been doing this. I also notice deficiency in mid to late flowering. You stated when you quit ph,ing that your deficiency problems stopped. I will have to try this. Maybe just on one plant for now.

I just got through reading your journal. I hope everything is ok, I noticed there hasn't been a post for a month. I too grow in ffof using their line of nutes. The trio and soluables, I'm curious you say that the ffof soil buffers the ph. The feeding schedule for Fox farms states to "Always remember to adjust your PH" Your plants look amazing. How long have you been doing this. I also notice deficiency in mid to late flowering. You stated when you quit ph,ing that your deficiency problems stopped. I will have to try this. Maybe just on one plant for now.
This journal Welcome To Mocha's Garden is just for my perpetual garden, so basically what ever I have going at the time :rofl:

But I've been busy with this...below

I also have a sponsored grow journal that I just started Dope-Seeds Sponsored Grow , courtesy of @Dope-Seeds.com and Blackskull Seeds :slide:

But to answer your question, no, I never PH anything...don't get me wrong, in some places people need to, because of their water supply...but if your water PH is between 7 and 7.8, you can get away with it...it also depends on the nutrients, if you're using the ff nutes you should be good to go...

...I won't swear by that, cause I don't know where in the mid-west you are, or what your water is like, I imagine it comes from the same aquifer as mine (I'm in SW MO)

Well, I posted this to the wrong journal, so now I'm going to post it here, and try to keep them separate :popcorn: where that one's specifically for the (Blackskull seeds) Promo for @Dope-Seeds.com , this is more of a glorified show and tell :rofl:

I switched back to my Fox Farms nutrient trio :slide: and it may be more expensive :hmmmm: but it also does a way better job at making my girls happier and healthier than the Mega Crop :thumb:

Just an example :morenutes:here's a Pineapple Chunk that should have been up potted about a week ago :rofl: she should be in a 3 gal pot by now :hmmmm: but is still in a 1 gal nursery pot :rofl: most people (that I've seen) have problems at this stage and their bottom leaves are yellow and dying, not with my FF trio :yahoo::morenutes::morenutes:

I can keep them root bound for a couple weeks...for a reason...I've noticed it keeps them from stretching too much, especially if it's a sativa, it's easier to keep them short and bushy :thumb::popcorn:

And I was supposed to post this here also...Had a problem with my NL fem, where she uprooted herself, probably from doing a quick transplant from a solo cup and didn't notice the roots getting bent and twisted in the soil...

Transplanted her into a 2 gal pot and straightened the roots the best I could, she looks okay, and has been doing fine since :thumb:

Thanks for the "J root" info @Emilya ...something I can add to my book of knowledge :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom