Welcome To The Table Mountain Sativa Spectacular

I had a close call with a tiger shark in Hawaii. Isnt there supposed to be a shit ton of great whites down there? I think I'll stay outta the water! I seriously would love to go though. If I can come up with the extra cash over the next few years maybe I will check it out. Besides North America, I've been to Europe and Asia, but Africa is where I'd really like to go for a long visit. I wish I was rich. I'd hire some locals to help me track down landrace seeds. Now that would be awesome!

I had a close call with a tiger shark in Hawaii. Isnt there supposed to be a shit ton of great whites down there? I think I'll stay outta the water! I seriously would love to go though. If I can come up with the extra cash over the next few years maybe I will check it out. Besides North America, I've been to Europe and Asia, but Africa is where I'd really like to go for a long visit. I wish I was rich. I'd hire some locals to help me track down landrace seeds. Now that would be awesome!
I'd love to be able to do that. I don't like their business practices, but I can't help watching the strain hunters videos to see all the huge landrace fields. I would love to find some fields like that where I could pick specific plants to pull seeds from.

I'd love to be able to do that. I don't like their business practices, but I can't help watching the strain hunters videos to see all the huge landrace fields. I would love to find some fields like that where I could pick specific plants to pull seeds from.
Unfortunately those have not really existed for many years. Since those skunk seed rocked up /were given to the locals (i don't know if either is fact) and told they produce more and finish earlier. Very few pure Land races to be found in the wild these days. It's a shame. Some interesting hybrids pop up every now and then though. If you go anywhere rural in kwazulu natal or eastern cape you will find each homestead has a field (at the homestead) and another one or two big fields in the mountains or a bit more secluded. I have not seen them in the Easter Cape but I have heard of them. Kzn plenty.
It's quite something that these families have been defying the police during apartheid and now in our democracy to scratch out enough to pay for their kids school fees. The top grade plants gets packed and shipped who knows where , and exploitative prices paid (as in ridiculously cheap) The rest hits local markets. These are the people that should benefit from the new laws but doubt most Will see any better opportunity .
High and rambling

Ramble away my man, I feel the same way. Once again the government is going to fail the poor and let an opportunity like this fall away. What really burns my ass is the bunch of fuckfaces who for years profited off these families who were taking all the risk and then just abandoning them. Taking away what little money the families could've made and lining their own pockets further. Know people for who have for years bragged about helping families suddenly have their own grow setups and just shrugging when you ask about it.

So just a quickie. Serious training has started now. I've put a screen above the LC18 and will just weave branches through until all the inners catch up. There are plenty going for it.
The wild lady x wild guy has been pulled down and opened up. Will keep everything low and out the wind
IMG_20191026_172335.jpg
IMG_20191026_172307.jpg
IMG_20191026_172302.jpg
IMG_20191026_172128.jpg
IMG_20191026_172122.jpg
IMG_20191026_172112.jpg
IMG_20191026_172224.jpg
l

We have the Cape Doctor. Google that shiz. Heavy winds for days. But you get clear skies and good fishing as a result. Then the days in between that make me never want to live anywhere else.

Yep. That's it. Haha. Those people walking backwards pretty funny.
We also have the Cape Argus, Two Oceans and some of the best hiking and beaches in the world :surf:

Ya you will have to do very deep trek into the Kzn hilltops and mountains to find a rural village that grows unadulterated landrace and even that is not a guarantee. Had a wedding function up in the Drakensberg delivering bags of ice and speaking to some of the local growers was shown a field or 2 after a bit of hike an it's most hybrids being grown and pollinated and grown out again.

Ya you will have to do very deep trek into the Kzn hilltops and mountains to find a rural village that grows unadulterated landrace and even that is not a guarantee. Had a wedding function up in the Drakensberg delivering bags of ice and speaking to some of the local growers was shown a field or 2 after a bit of hike an it's most hybrids being grown and pollinated and grown out again.
Jamaica was the same. We were looking for the real deal Lambs Breath/Bread and was told it was still there but only a few old timers held the seeds. They don't grow that much anymore because it takes 6 months until harvest. They seek out American and European genetics. Our group traded with some local farmers, they wanted the pure sativas so we gave them ACE genetics, mostly Malawi and Zamaldelica beans with a few ACE crosses. In return they gave us some of their seeds which I wasn't to interested in. I did bring back and grow out some of the better weed we had there. I pulled about a dozen seeds from a batch they tried to pass off as Lambs Breath. It wasn't LB but it was pretty good. I ended up with a 2:1 CBD:THC plant that I ran for a couple of years. I still have 10 of those seeds in the fridge.

Smeegs, I have spoken to some Swazi growers, who bring in reasonable Swaz, but they are encouraged by foreigners like us to grow hybrids, and it makes money, and so they do, and do quite well from my experience. I am watching two babies grow out now, a Swaz and a TK, but their leaves hmmm... That's why it is good to know that there are South African seed banks looking after our own genetics. It's fantastic to see you again mate.

bit of trivia...these plants are pollen chucks grown out in 2005 from Seeds of Africa Malawi Gold purchased courtesy Gypsy Nirvana Seedsdirect.to in UK in 2003, the ones in the pic are the Malawi Gold x Federation Seedbanks Mikado, very nice overall plant & smoke, still got some of those seeds floating around, better pollen chuck with them again before they become nonviable if they are not already?
MALA.png

Back
Top Bottom