Welcome To The Table Mountain Sativa Spectacular

Hi Growmies , Growmettes and everyone else.
Welcome to the Table Mountain Sativa Spectacular.

This journal will document my outdoor grow including cloning, breeding, lots of training and hopefully some fat buds at the end .

So what's growing currently you ask?

Currently there are a bunch of Transkei landraces getting their pollen on. A studly male that has unfortunately come down today as there are other plants flowering. The branches are sitting in water and as the flowers open I'll pop them in an open jar to collect pollen. I have cuts too.

9 Durban landraces from various locations as well as some Durban Durban crosses.
A SSH finishing flowering along with a LSD.
A Durban x Durban that's half through flower and is looking really impressive.
A Durban x Durban that's just starting to flower and looks incredible. Thick stems , huuuuge leaves and abundant new growth.

2 x Botswana landraces that have sprouted for breeding and just because why not ?
2x Malawi land races not popped yet
1 x Kenyan landrace

1× Miss Sticky (Durban landrace ) moved from inside to a gas lantern vibe outside. Today is her first day.
1 x Wild Lady (Durban landrace) moved from inside to a gas lantern routine outside. Today is her first too.

OK so some pics:
First up the Transkei male that was chopped.
IMG_20190907_131711.jpg
IMG_20190907_131627.jpg
IMG_20190907_131649.jpg

Then the Durban x Durban going into flower looking really strong. Thick stalks, stems and huge leaves . Similar to the other Durban x Durban
IMG_20190907_133317.jpg

IMG_20190907_133412.jpg

IMG_20190907_133336.jpg

IMG_20190907_133352.jpg

IMG_20190907_133345.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190907_133359.jpg
    IMG_20190907_133359.jpg
    577.1 KB · Views: 266
Hi Growmies , Growmettes and everyone else.
Welcome to the Table Mountain Sativa Spectacular.

This journal will document my outdoor grow including cloning, breeding, lots of training and hopefully some fat buds at the end .

So what's growing currently you ask?

Currently there are a bunch of Transkei landraces getting their pollen on. A studly male that has unfortunately come down today as there are other plants flowering. The branches are sitting in water and as the flowers open I'll pop them in an open jar to collect pollen. I have cuts too.

9 Durban landraces from various locations as well as some Durban Durban crosses.
A SSH finishing flowering along with a LSD.
A Durban x Durban that's half through flower and is looking really impressive.
A Durban x Durban that's just starting to flower and looks incredible. Thick stems , huuuuge leaves and abundant new growth.

2 x Botswana landraces that have sprouted for breeding and just because why not ?
2x Malawi land races not popped yet
1 x Kenyan landrace

1× Miss Sticky (Durban landrace ) moved from inside to a gas lantern vibe outside. Today is her first day.
1 x Wild Lady (Durban landrace) moved from inside to a gas lantern routine outside. Today is her first too.

OK so some pics:
First up the Transkei male that was chopped.
IMG_20190907_131711.jpg
IMG_20190907_131627.jpg
IMG_20190907_131649.jpg

Then the Durban x Durban going into flower looking really strong. Thick stalks, stems and huge leaves . Similar to the other Durban x Durban
IMG_20190907_133317.jpg

IMG_20190907_133412.jpg

IMG_20190907_133336.jpg

IMG_20190907_133352.jpg

IMG_20190907_133345.jpg
Subbed up and following. I am not going to miss this Table Mountain grow. I'm excited that you are gathering Transkei pollen! I have feminized seed and I don't wish to run out. Perhaps you could let me have a tiny bit from the studly male? I don't know how to do it or how much you need. Can some other rogue male cross pollinate after Studly, or is that unlikely?

sure,, what the hay,,

i have become interested in pollen myself, or best to say 'more' interested lately, as i have been dealing with a male as well, for the same purpose,

a sativa too,, what fun,,

P1170667 (2).JPG

there he be,, mama thai/thai stick cross,, he was wanted to be a she,, but he wanted to be a he, so he be a he,, see?

P1170664 (2).JPG

a few days in calmness on the kitchen table,, and plenty o powdery pollen

P1170656.JPG

and a bunch collected

the first pollination has taken place already as well,, on a 'carnival, another sativa dominant strain,, so,,

i can't wait,, but i will, cuz it's necessary

cheers rugger,, get er done friend,,

oh,, did i mention,, beauty plants friend,, not a flaw to be seen,, well done

oh,, oh,, and i have read that this 'durban' stuff is about the best around these days,, i would be interested to hear your opinion on anything 'durban'

cheers agin

Count me in!

I’m here too :)

Welcome aboard everyone. Man I'm excited for summer. Let's see if I can fill this deck with some lush plants.

Just a quickie for now. The two Durbans from inside are loving the sun. Growth is exploding. I'll let them get a bit more established before up potting and training. If all goes well with the gas lantern we should have some top class buds from these girls.
Then a couple pics of SSH and LSD. The only plants with any mix genes currently on deck.
I'll do a more detailed post soon but this Is justy just.
Have an awesome week.
Sweet
IMG_20190910_095641.jpg
IMG_20190910_095743.jpg
IMG_20190910_095713.jpg
IMG_20190910_094947.jpg

SSH
IMG_20190910_095010.jpg

LSD
IMG_20190910_095027.jpg
IMG_20190910_095017.jpg

The SSH should be a good one
Smelling tasty af. Candy, bubblegum vibes. Very leafy but I have a feeling it's due to low winter light. I'll probably reveg her and put her in a decent pot and see what she does under the African sun

Nice looking plants. How long is pollen viable, and what's the best storage method?
Thanks BD and welcome. I've had some last a lot longer than I ever thought it would. A year sometimes. I either store it in the freezer with some raw rice for long term and short-term just airtight jar and rice. I think it's most likely alot better used within a few months. Just gotta make sure no moisture get near the pollen .

LR, if this next grow is anything like your last, we are all in for another interesting ride.

"So a couple of days ago my neighbour stopped by for a cold one and he brought me a superb samplie from two local Sativa plants he has recently harvested. Wow do they pack a punch, but the kind that sends you into an endorphin improvement zone, not the kind that puts you down.

LeRugged’s award winning Durban Poison grow is truly outstanding. I am an old Durbanite and so I cut my teeth on DP. It always made me paranoid, but LeRugged’s grow does not. He gave me two different plants to try. The first one I tried made us laugh. As I say, it’s strong. So I had a bit too much and I would start amazing anecdotes and after my introductory line, promptly lose the plot. I kept losing my beer in the same place lol. I had great siestas with that plant … The second has a very clean, more cerebral high, and detailed focus is enhanced. The terp profile is very spicey, with almost a musk undertone. It’s mulchy and lovely. A great all day med.

It was my first time to meet LeRugged, despite the fact that we live in the same hood. Shout out to Tamboerskloof, where some of the best weed in the world is being grown."

And LR, I am enormously respectful of your quite profound knowledge of the plant. Congratulations for your Plant of the Month win. It is well deserved. :adore::goodluck::passitleft:
#Tamboerskloof #CapeTown #Poison #Sativa

Plants are looking great, LR! As my summer is winding down, it'll be great to follow your summer grows. :surf:

Do you expect your LSD to eventually show purple in the buds? My LSD auto was extremely purple from the get-go.

Plants are looking great, LR! As my summer is winding down, it'll be great to follow your summer grows. :surf:

Do you expect your LSD to eventually show purple in the buds? My LSD auto was extremely purple from the get-go.
Thanks so much. I'm not sure to be honest. It's bag seed from some very decent buds. Not sure if auto or photo as I flowered in winter. I'm going to reveg her if the smoke is Gold and pop her in a big pot and let her at it under the sun. HAve seen no purple on her even with cold temps. Pink pistils though which are kak pretty. If she is photo and reveges she will be the only indica on deck. Cool to have something totally opposite effect wise . I'm looking forward to smoking her.

Back
Top Bottom