Well I hated to... but I did it

OldPhart

Howdy ppls, new to the site not new to the world by any means :cheesygrinsmiley: It's a sad day indeed when you have to axe one because of timing and or the unknowns.
I was going to seek some advice of the gurus this past weekend but could not get into the site so I finally made the decision to remove one from my grow. I started up this time from bag seed and like Forest G says 'life is like a box o chocolates, don't know whatcha get' anyway out of 9, 4 were fem and one in particular was big. After tying, bending, taping, clothes-pinning, raising the light to max, lowering the darkroom sink (NFT hydro) twice to it's lower limit... this girl just would not stop! Ok so I know now that it had to be a sativa with thin leaves and wispy buds but MAN :thedoubletake: I never seen anything like it myself. I assumed it would be 12 or 16 weeks at least. Some of the buds are (were) 8 to 10 inches long and full of shorter than normal white hairs. Here's the thing, after 10 weeks for everyone all together in the same location, this one has no fragrance and no oil at all. I mean it smelled like lawn grass at the most. Of course my hopes were to have maybe one of the best harvests from her HOWEVER other things need to happen so I axed her I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry, but I do have a couple of clones for future experiments :winkyface: once I get back on schedule.

So this brings me to my ? for anyone that has experienced similar. This baby had no smell and no (pinch-apparent) feel or trich oil at 10 weeks. What are the chances that it's hemp :smokin: ?

From what I've read here and there, sativas are lighter buds and that's what's strange about this one. They were not hard solid, but solid growth all along the tops. If the colas would of every filled in and the calyxes ever to swell then I would of really had something, maybe.

I opt for a horizontal growth experiment on this one next time and just train it low or against the wall so the light (on a rail) can stay nice and close.

Cheers ppls and thanks for reading

:riskybusiness:

Back
Top Bottom