Wembley

This is reminding me to get my ass plumbing on my RDWC.

Got new bulkheads to put on each buckets supply line. They're above water level but the uniseals I used just aren't light tight. Had to duck 'em last run, but that will all be good next time.

Also changing the supply line inside the buckets. Going to go for spray bar style instead of just dumping straight in. Same flow overall, but the spray type setup should provide better water agitation, thus oxygenation.

Wanted to maybe change the pump out for a little bigger one, but haven't found the right one yet. Been looking at some DC motor pumps, but we'll see. That may be for between the next runs, or next summer. Not a critical update, so no worries there.

Need to change up the exhaust flow as well. I'm moving the fans into the tent(s), and hooking them straight to the filter. Already have the other 2 tents completed, now just have to find 30 minutes to do this one. Filter inside with the fan outside was working alright, but I'm getting a little thin on having to duck and weave around various duct lines. Not to mention that it also meant I wasn't opening that side of the tent, and it was either front or back access panels only. With a res on one side, ok, but it would have been helpful at times to be able to unzip the front and one side.

This is reminding me to get my ass plumbing on my RDWC.

Got new bulkheads to put on each buckets supply line. They're above water level but the uniseals I used just aren't light tight. Had to duck 'em last run, but that will all be good next time.

Also changing the supply line inside the buckets. Going to go for spray bar style instead of just dumping straight in. Same flow overall, but the spray type setup should provide better water agitation, thus oxygenation.

Wanted to maybe change the pump out for a little bigger one, but haven't found the right one yet. Been looking at some DC motor pumps, but we'll see. That may be for between the next runs, or next summer. Not a critical update, so no worries there.

Need to change up the exhaust flow as well. I'm moving the fans into the tent(s), and hooking them straight to the filter. Already have the other 2 tents completed, now just have to find 30 minutes to do this one. Filter inside with the fan outside was working alright, but I'm getting a little thin on having to duck and weave around various duct lines. Not to mention that it also meant I wasn't opening that side of the tent, and it was either front or back access panels only. With a res on one side, ok, but it would have been helpful at times to be able to unzip the front and one side.
Sounds like you got the plan. Montser plant time!

Sounds like you got the plan. Montser plant time!

We’ll see. I’m planning on firing her back up in about a month, right after labor day. Going to do an auto run in her, just to see what happens. They should really blow up in that setup. Should be done before the holidays, and ready for the photo run with the IHG stuff.

Speaking of IHG stuff, will be flipping the Deluxe Sugarcane on Wed. Set her back 2 hours Saturday to 16/8, and 14/10 this morning. Tomorrow I’ll take the last two hours for 12/12 starting Wed.

We’ll see. I’m planning on firing her back up in about a month, right after labor day. Going to do an auto run in her, just to see what happens. They should really blow up in that setup. Should be done before the holidays, and ready for the photo run with the IHG stuff.

Speaking of IHG stuff, will be flipping the Deluxe Sugarcane on Wed. Set her back 2 hours Saturday to 16/8, and 14/10 this morning. Tomorrow I’ll take the last two hours for 12/12 starting Wed.
I gotta do a auto... Someday.

I gotta do a auto... Someday.

I like tinkering, but who doesn’t. I figure autos are a decent way to check out a strain, and since they run a tick shorter in time, a quick way too.

If the auto is good, the photo should be even better. Like this night queen from my recent run. Fire already, and ain’t even cured. I’m currently hunting down the photo version, and it is going in the next photo run.

I like tinkering, but who doesn’t. I figure autos are a decent way to check out a strain, and since they run a tick shorter in time, a quick way too.

If the auto is good, the photo should be even better. Like this night queen from my recent run. Fire already, and ain’t even cured. I’m currently hunting down the photo version, and it is going in the next photo run.
They've come a long way. It wasn't that long ago that they weren't as strong and the the quantity not so hot. But, they seem to be better. I know what I want to grow when I finally do it, but there are 50 photos I'd rather grow right now

I've got some Moby Dick XXL autos from Dinafem I'm pumped to give a try someday. I find it funny that auto seed breeders are trending to have longer and longer veg times to get higher yeilds. The 65 day autos I just ran were great but the Moby has an 80 day lifespan. At that point you might as well run a photoperiod, in my opinion, unless you are growing outdoors and don't want to take the time to light dep. your outdoor photos into flowering.

I've got some Moby Dick XXL autos from Dinafem I'm pumped to give a try someday. I find it funny that auto seed breeders are trending to have longer and longer veg times to get higher yeilds. The 65 day autos I just ran were great but the Moby has an 80 day lifespan. At that point you might as well run a photoperiod, in my opinion, unless you are growing outdoors and don't want to take the time to light dep. your outdoor photos into flowering.
Thats supposed to be a monster strain in photo. I really want to grow Think Big. Its a 14 week strain from Dutch Passion. I think you almost need the longer period to get the higher yields.

I read a book about growing autos from Jeff Lowenfels. Didn't learn a whole lot... seems pretty straight forward. But your right... anything over 80 days and you might as well go photo.

Holy crap, "taking a couple weeks longer to finish than most autos" yeah I would say at 13-14 weeks from seed to harvest that is a true statement. I would almost think the longer autoflowering times would allow you to perform more aggressive training than you typically would do with a "regular" auto. I like Dutch Passion, I'm currently growing out a Critical Orange Punch for a mother plant.

Holy crap, "taking a couple weeks longer to finish than most autos" yeah I would say at 13-14 weeks from seed to harvest that is a true statement. I would almost think the longer autoflowering times would allow you to perform more aggressive training than you typically would do with a "regular" auto. I like Dutch Passion, I'm currently growing out a Critical Orange Punch for a mother plant.
Think Big is supposed to get pretty large, which pulls at my heartstrings. I like Dutch Passion, I grew their Lemon Zkittles a few times. So far I'm really liking Pyramid Seeds. Im going to be growing Sensi more often in the future

I have an Anubis (Somango x Wembley) growing by them, another mother, and a pack of Galaxy waiting to go. Another good seed company in my eyes.
I was lookin at that one. Seems pretty awesome. I also thought about their Northern Lights. I will probably trying their King Tut again, but in hydro this time. I highly recommend that one. Buds galore. Smokey went over a pound with King Tut. I think i want to try Big Bud, or a Northern LightsxBig Bud combo next. Moby Dick photo could be fun. I like Wembley, but I think im over it.

I read a book about growing autos from Jeff Lowenfels. Didn't learn a whole lot... seems pretty straight forward. But your right... anything over 80 days and you might as well go photo.

Bingo. Exception being someone not being able to get a good dark period for 12 hours.

The big secret to getting autos to explode is delaying their internal flip. It’s not a difficult concept; just light, daily/every other day defoliation after you top it (before the start of week 4). The trick though is how heavy handed you are. Too much, you risk stunting. Too little, they flip too early. Do it right and you get an extra couple weeks of veg, and a larger plant.

I’ve even defoled before topping, taking a leaf here and there off node 1 or 2 as I see fit. What this does is gets the plant to thinking it’s being grazed on, and that it needs more veg time to be able to reproduce.

It’s quite interesting to play with, and can be entertaining. My buddy is running a few on his patio (legally), and is bewildered how small his have turned out in comparison to the ones I run.

I may have to show him some pointers on the next run.

Bingo. Exception being someone not being able to get a good dark period for 12 hours.

The big secret to getting autos to explode is delaying their internal flip. It’s not a difficult concept; just light, daily/every other day defoliation after you top it (before the start of week 4). The trick though is how heavy handed you are. Too much, you risk stunting. Too little, they flip too early. Do it right and you get an extra couple weeks of veg, and a larger plant.

I’ve even defoled before topping, taking a leaf here and there off node 1 or 2 as I see fit. What this does is gets the plant to thinking it’s being grazed on, and that it needs more veg time to be able to reproduce.

It’s quite interesting to play with, and can be entertaining. My buddy is running a few on his patio (legally), and is bewildered how small his have turned out in comparison to the ones I run.

I may have to show him some pointers on the next run.
Wild stuff. I didn't think you could do anything about changing the light to affect flower. Not sure i would want to go longer

The shed...

Water has all sorts of shit in it. It doesnt smell bad, but the pH is slowly going the wrong direction.. if i was smart I would nape the whole system with H2O2, BUT...

Here's what I DID do... i pulled 10 gallons of nute water out. The autofill will put that back. I added a full shot of Vitomino to add the B vitamins for repair and bring in some amino acids. I added a little more than a full shot of Fulpower to use the fulvic acid for more repair and help chelate the existing nutrients. Im gonna chill out with the aggressive feeding. I added another water pump to keep the shit moving in the res. The feed pump can't grab it if its sitting on the bottom. I think that's about it. This plant is officially 3 weeks late

Wild stuff. I didn't think you could do anything about changing the light to affect flower. Not sure i would want to go longer

It’s nothing to do with light cycle. It’s light (as in gentle, easy, etc) pruning that is the trick.

And no, if you don’t want a longer run time, then a photo is a better option. But for folks who can’t keep a 12/12 schedule for a photo period plant, it can certainly help them out with a bump in yield.

It’s nothing to do with light cycle. It’s light (as in gentle, easy, etc) pruning that is the trick.

And no, if you don’t want a longer run time, then a photo is a better option. But for folks who can’t keep a 12/12 schedule for a photo period plant, it can certainly help them out with a bump in yield.
Do you top them?

Do you top them?

I top them above node 4, then remove 1&2 at the same time. This absolutely must be done by the end of week 3, else they’ll stunt. If you can’t do it before that, then switch to lst and bend it over.

From there, every day or every other day, snip a few leaves, extra nodes, etc. Do this until it throws pre-flowers.

This is what has garnered the nickname around here as “quadlining.” I do it to all my plants and it works great. No nets to jack with, nada. Just top above 4, take off 1&2, and spread her out. Once she’s filled out the space 2/3-3/4 of the way, flip her, and finish filling in. Then let her go up. If quadlining an auto, once she throws preflowers then you let he go up. Throwing preflowers is basically your “flip”, in a general sense.

Once an auto starts to flower, it’s no different than a photo period.

I actually treat my autos like a photo, with the exception being I leave em under 18/6 the whole run.

Autos used to be really, really touchy. That’s where a lot of the current information is based. With good genetic breeders, most things “auto“ can be ignored. I run them for the fun, to tinker, and try different strains in a slightly shorter timeframe. If I’m strain testing/hunting, I don’t defol to near the extent I do when I’m intentionally trying to veg her longer. Kinda defeats the purpose of an auto when you want it to go closer to normal time.

They typically won’t yield what their photo cousins will, but you can get a nice haul if you are patient, and willing to put in the attention.

Unless I’m running some off the wall, lower yielding, “craft” strain, I expect at least 4 zips off an auto (8 off a photo) or I consider it a bust.

We were discussing it a few weeks ago when I mentioned harvest and guessing weights. Those were all autos, just sayin.

I top them above node 4, then remove 1&2 at the same time. This absolutely must be done by the end of week 3, else they’ll stunt. If you can’t do it before that, then switch to lst and bend it over.

From there, every day or every other day, snip a few leaves, extra nodes, etc. Do this until it throws pre-flowers.

This is what has garnered the nickname around here as “quadlining.” I do it to all my plants and it works great. No nets to jack with, nada. Just top above 4, take off 1&2, and spread her out. Once she’s filled out the space 2/3-3/4 of the way, flip her, and finish filling in. Then let her go up. If quadlining an auto, once she throws preflowers then you let he go up. Throwing preflowers is basically your “flip”, in a general sense.

Once an auto starts to flower, it’s no different than a photo period.

I actually treat my autos like a photo, with the exception being I leave em under 18/6 the whole run.

Autos used to be really, really touchy. That’s where a lot of the current information is based. With good genetic breeders, most things “auto“ can be ignored. I run them for the fun, to tinker, and try different strains in a slightly shorter timeframe. If I’m strain testing/hunting, I don’t defol to near the extent I do when I’m intentionally trying to veg her longer. Kinda defeats the purpose of an auto when you want it to go closer to normal time.

They typically won’t yield what their photo cousins will, but you can get a nice haul if you are patient, and willing to put in the attention.

Unless I’m running some off the wall, lower yielding, “craft” strain, I expect at least 4 zips off an auto (8 off a photo) or I consider it a bust.

We were discussing it a few weeks ago when I mentioned harvest and guessing weights. Those were all autos, just sayin.
Interesting stuff. I'll have to come see you if I ever bump my head and decide to grow autos

Quadlining, what a joke. I think im gonna find something thats been around for literally decade and rename it. Not ranting about you Vortex just ranting. He gets on my nerves

Back
Top Bottom