WestBlunts Outdoor Blue Dream From Seed 2012 Grow

Latest update

So mt Uncle and I decided to give my Confirmed Baby Girl a makeover today. We clipped her big water leaves off so the inner bush can get all that extra sunlight before I move her inside under lights sometime in October.

• Moving her into a 5 gal pot by monday, With FFOX soil (Any suggestions for good things to put in my soil?
  • Just put her on Liquid Karma, Sweet, and Pure Blend Pure Bloom.
  • I'm going to put her on some B1 next watering.

Height
Picture_2244.jpg

BluDy
Picture_2255.jpg

Inner Bush
Picture_2224.jpg

Canopy
Picture_2235.jpg

This was the Makeover I was talking about.... Was it a bad idea?:lot-o-toke::nomo::whoa::bitingnails::scratchinghead::confused::yikes:
Picture_2204.jpg

Picture_2215.jpg

FEEDBACK on the nutes and trim WELL NEEDED!:420::peace:

If you ask me that was a pretty bad idea, the plant needs as much surface area it can to absorb as much photons as it can, to convert as much of it as possible to glucose. And ultimately sex cells (pistillates and staminates) require a lot of energy to produce. So, the more glucose it has, the more energy it has to make sex cells, hence, increased production of THC.

I don't mean to be a dick - just my opinion. I think you may have slowed growth down quite a bit. And is there any pistils ( strictly white hairs) coming out? If so, then the bloomer is fine to add, but if you want it to put all its energy into flowering, then it won't stretch and grow - it will stop vegetating, and pump flowers out. Size will be limited especially as the plant is detecting a evermore decreasing amount of light everyday. It will be hard to replicate that when you go inside, it could send it back into vegetation for a bit, which could confuse it.Just my two cents pal.

Well first off since this is my first grow, I;m not really tripping on the length of this grow, Just want some yummy stuff at the end.

Well no pistills & the bloom stuff is only going to be for a bout a week because my unc just decided to use that even though I have pure blend Grow for futer usage, so I didn't say anything.

On the trimming I knew it would stunt my plant but that's alright I was atleast better to do it all at once. I'm going to give iher some B1 & maybe a little superthrive too to help fight stunting. & move her into a 5gal pot asap.

and you said if I take it inside it'll go back to veg? I'tll confuse it and stunt it again or what I'm confused?:eek:

So basically we just increased the chances of her Herming up?

Well first off since this is my first grow, I;m not really tripping on the length of this grow, Just want some yummy stuff at the end.

Well no pistills & the bloom stuff is only going to be for a bout a week because my unc just decided to use that even though I have pure blend Grow for futer usage, so I didn't say anything.

On the trimming I knew it would stunt my plant but that's alright I was atleast better to do it all at once. I'm going to give iher some B1 & maybe a little superthrive too to help fight stunting. & move her into a 5gal pot asap.

and you said if I take it inside it'll go back to veg? I'tll confuse it and stunt it again or what I'm confused?:eek:

So basically we just increased the chances of her Herming up?

Cell signals dictate everything. It is nearly impossible indoors to replicate not only the Sun, but the decreasing amount of sun everyday. Unless you have a very accurate timer used to shine less, and less light on the plant everyday, then yes. It will confuse the plant. Since it has been outside as a seed it has been exposed to this circadian rhythm.

Pruning should be used during budding to thermodyanmically direct more energy to the upper buds, from the lower carbon sink leaves.

I would get her into a 5 gal immediately, that and B1 will promote root growth, which will promote vegetation. If you feeding it flowering food when its not even flowering - this could confuse the cell signals further more. Sometimes the less you do is worth more. The genetics of the plant will dictate whether the amount of stress it has had to deal with so far is too much, or if it matters at all.

I'm trying to be straightforward with some of the science so that with your next grow you have a much better tool-kit.

West,
Not sure about the trimming as outdoors is uncharted territory for me. That said You can only learn from small hiccups. I'm sure you didn't kill her chances with the trim. I have read about the chances of hermi when going through your situation as well as the tricking the plant.
I use FFOX and it is full of Nutes. Not sure you need to ad anything/ But again your situation is different because she is older and moving inside.

@RelaxedLee Thanks Bro, your truly one of the biggest helping hands in this Grow of mine.

@spring2012 Thanks Bro.

So now all I'm doing is waiting to see if my Uncs idea of all that trimming is going to help my plant take off, My first grow, also kind of a experimental grow. So let's see where I end up
:420:

Not a problem, I'm glad I could offer my insight. First grows are always experimental, you will have a margin, or reference to refer back to it as to what to do, and what not to do. You'll notice how your plant responds to your heavy pruning ( HOWEVER it is one of the most vigorous plant species in the world, it is a weed - it will bounce back with no problem ) But you have to become one with the plant, and know how it feels in order to truly maximize its overall health. So don't feel BAD about anything, I wasn't trying to make you feel BAD. I just wanted to tell you important aspects of which I believe will be of significant importance. All of which I believe are true in respect to your situation with this grow.

Oddities occur in nature, and thats partly why I dont understand why she isn't pumping out pistils. Over the past 3-4 nights, she should have shot out atleast a few...Because Like you, I want to see you squeeze in a harvest. I'm betting if you have seeds saved up for next April, that when you plant then, they will grow and vegetate much more vigorously, and will flower on queue according to the season.
However, we must wait and see your plant could grow like crazy, we just have to wait and see...

Best of Luck with the bounce back...just remember that oddities occur in nature, however the general consensus about plants remains the same.

Not a problem, I'm glad I could offer my insight. First grows are always experimental, you will have a margin, or reference to refer back to it as to what to do, and what not to do. You'll notice how your plant responds to your heavy pruning ( HOWEVER it is one of the most vigorous plant species in the world, it is a weed - it will bounce back with no problem ) But you have to become one with the plant, and know how it feels in order to truly maximize its overall health. So don't feel BAD about anything, I wasn't trying to make you feel BAD. I just wanted to tell you important aspects of which I believe will be of significant importance. All of which I believe are true in respect to your situation with this grow.

Oddities occur in nature, and thats partly why I dont understand why she isn't pumping out pistils. Over the past 3-4 nights, she should have shot out atleast a few...Because Like you, I want to see you squeeze in a harvest. I'm betting if you have seeds saved up for next April, that when you plant then, they will grow and vegetate much more vigorously, and will flower on queue according to the season.
However, we must wait and see your plant could grow like crazy, we just have to wait and see...

Best of Luck with the bounce back...just remember that oddities occur in nature, however the general consensus about plants remains the same.

Great info Lee!

I'm running a few experiments myself simultaneously on my grow. Now that everything is stabilized and my priorities are established. :). With the hiccups (as Spring mentioned) endured so far. I believe my one Kush is gained all she can in veg without my sativa Dom hybrid taking over the whole room in flower, if I were to let it go any longer. I also germed a couple seeds when I thought I might lose a couple plants. One of which took and is a week old seedling now. So my experiment is now thus:

1. One Kush (one I thought was doomed, but bounced back) will be finished using extreme defoliation.
I've been doing this to her for @ a week now. Clipped all leaves not accompanying a grow tip. All foliage has grown back and all tips have grown out more than I think they would have otherwise. Will clip again tonight, before switching to flowering schedule.

2. Other Kush will be let alone except for pruning.

3. Seedling will go into flower from one week of veg. Expecting a single cola. Might prune for this result. Not sure just yet.

4. Fill as much screen as possible with Drizella (sativa dom) and reap what I can. Learn more about reading this plants needs and develop trichome observance.
This is the plant I'm most interested in. I will gather clones from her at day 21 (idea per Racefan's perpetual clone thread) for next grow.

One thing I've noticed in my attempts here West, this plant is RESILIENT!! I thought I had killed them all twice over and they keep going. Taught me SOOO much. The more you mess up (not that you have) the better prepared you are in the future! See how she responds to the environment change and use that to guide the next grow. You'll still get some nice smokables out of this one. Maybe even amazing yield! We'll see! :). But, you gain wisdom for certain. And that's the real game. :)

Really looking forward to your progress!!

Peace Bro!

R.I.P BluDy,
My uncle went out of town and she didn't get water for 4 days & everything dried up on her.
She has 1 green growing shoot and my uncle is just flushing her until I decided to do something with her.

Aw Man!! Sorry to hear this WestBlunts. Can you reveg maybe? Any leaves or budsites left on that shoot? Tragic.:sorry:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom