WestHippie’s 420 OG Hydro 1000 Watt MH/HPS

Nice work WH! Those buds are looking dynamite :).

That's so funny, because as I was catching up I pulled this to quote:

And calcium! Hard to tell in the yellow light but the color of the rust spots looks Ca to me.
Have you seen it in post 281 top of page 15 I have pics with the light out , would you check it out for me !

I didn't notice anything other than the light burn in those pics, but the last pic in this post looked more like a Ca deficiency to me. Could just be the lights though! Hard to tell when it is all yellow.
Up close it’s between the veins coming out to the tips that are curled . These lights aren’t very good for pics ! I moved the light times back 6 hours to 10:pm to10:am gradually instead of 4:am to 4:pm . From 12:pm to 4 pm 95 degrees + , finally caught it !

Or...it could just be part of the light burn as well.
Look how long I burnt them before figuring it out ! Ive been busy loading hay , it got in my way ! Got 2-1/2” rain last night can’t get in the field , will tear it up . All these flat beds coming to get the hay is heading to north east with all the flooding ! I even had time to clean the grow room today !

Your leaf tips denote calcium deficiency IMO, and it's even more confirmed by the Mg chlorosis in the veins. Before you go throttling the calmag, you need to get your heat under control. I know your pain when trying to grow under HPS during the summer. That was the sole factor that got me to switch to LED. Calcium doesn't move well and relies on several factors such as perspiration, and the amount of NH4+ and K+. Too much of either of those 2 elements will cause the plant to take in less of that needed Ca.

Also, you keep getting that emoji because of use of the colon in the timestamp. My guess is the colon followed by a capitol P makes that emoji ( :p ) = ( : P )

Finally heat is under control, 83 degrees in the last hour has been the highest. In three days ! 11 hours under 80 degrees.
Last grow for the hps till fall , I found a 250 watt corn led with 3000k . @carcass started something here by using one ! $120 and by-pass the ballast !

Remember that light burn can occur without heat!
I remember you said intense light , I dialed it back to the 1000 w . This cheap ass bulb is not a level light , black spots dark spots you name it . More intense in different areas ! I’m with-in 27” to the light ! Still have six inches to go ! Do you think I should max it out tomorrow?

250 watt-damn,that's a big one!
That's a better spectrum than that one I'm using-I think it's 6500k,but it was also free,so I can't
complain...

For some people, they have the means to control the atmosphere, but I'm not there yet so for me, the best path forward was to make less heat where possible, but if you can control your heat and RH in your grow room, you should look into VPD as you could manipulate the feeding to better make for calcum movement. It's a weird concept that I only recently started looking into, but there seems to be a good amount of people doing it, especially in the high brix kits.

Grab the lux meter and hit 60K across the canopy. That would be my suggestion.

Did someone say VPD?

250 watt-damn,that's a big one!
That's a better spectrum than that one I'm using-I think it's 6500k,but it was also free,so I can't
complain...
Soon as I get to town and deposit these checks for hay I’m gonna buy one ! I may replace it as soon as it gets here ! I’m looking for a2000-2100k I don’t know why they wouldn’t have one ! There was an led expert here but hadn’t seen him in awhile !

Grab the lux meter and hit 60K across the canopy. That would be my suggestion.

Did someone say VPD?
I can do that first thing 60k ! I have those charts .

Back
Top Bottom