WestHippie’s 420 OG Hydro 1000 Watt MH/HPS

I was always taught that when the plants are in flower, not to disrupt their 12 on and 12 off. Reason being because when it’s dark, the plant thinks ok, it’s night time, then has a flash of light thinking it’s day time then back to complete dark, leaving them thinking what the hell is going on, it was just day time, and now it’s night time.

I know, I’m rambling now, what I’m getting at, is a quick question. Once their in complete darkness and a camera flashes at them, would that end up disrupting the complete 12 hours of darkness?

I’ve done it before, but I kinda lean away from doing so because I don’t want to stress them out giving them that flash of light when it should be dark. What’s your opinion on that?

I meant to get pictures of the plants just before the lights turned on yesterday but missed my opportunity. I’ll try again today, just before the lights turn on.

I was always taught that when the plants are in flower, not to disrupt their 12 on and 12 off. Reason being because when it’s dark, the plant thinks ok, it’s night time, then has a flash of light thinking it’s day time then back to complete dark, leaving them thinking what the hell is going on, it was just day time, and now it’s night time.

I know, I’m rambling now, what I’m getting at, is a quick question. Once their in complete darkness and a camera flashes at them, would that end up disrupting the complete 12 hours of darkness?

I’ve done it before, but I kinda lean away from doing so because I don’t want to stress them out giving them that flash of light when it should be dark. What’s your opinion on that?

I meant to get pictures of the plants just before the lights turned on yesterday but missed my opportunity. I’ll try again today, just before the lights turn on.
All three times I was standing there and watched it go out to take the pics . Will never disrupt the girls Darkness . Just now went out here is the pics . One I put a bottle water behind it but couldn’t see it without lifting it up .
DE26384D-B8B9-49FF-98B9-E636B5FAC5D1.jpeg
F62005F9-1614-4F65-A5EC-57D398696392.png

@InTheShed this new cal-mag is a big difference from my old ! The old has 2% N and the calcium and the magnesium are 1 to1 ratio which sounds short on calcium. The new has 3.2% calcium and the magnesium has 1.1% plus iron.09% manganese and .05% zinc . After what I’ve read the calcium needs to be 3 to 1 magnesium and it has that ! The dose is 8 mL per gallon 20x8=160 mL for 100% nutrient.
Magical may be why I have calcium problems.
There are so many cal-mags out there wonder how they add up ?

Will never disrupt the girls Darkness .
I've turned the light off during their "day" for a few minutes,but darkness is "their time".
They actually seem do do most of the growing in the dark- they may not,but it seems like it to me.

I've turned the light off during their "day" for a few minutes,but darkness is "their time".
They actually seem do do most of the growing in the dark- they may not,but it seems like it to me.
I turned the LEDs out during the day , but the hps it would be 20 to 30 minutes before they came back on . I’m not sure the first couple minutes into dark will affect anything .
I believe they grow at night .

Day 41 of 12/12 35 of pistols
Outside temp 73 humidity 82% SE 10 mph
Building temp 70.5 humidity 62%
Tent temp 75.2 humidity 55%
Canopy temp 79.0 highest
Water temp 70.1 down 2 gallons Falling
TDS 811 was 715 Rising because I put 80 mL of cal mag as the lights went down
Ph 5.7 Static
Had night time low temps ,helped ! Pics
Added skeeter dunk to reservoir!
9E9687DD-99AF-45B6-9C83-58AF6FBCDEB5.jpeg
4E360CFB-0259-4AF4-ADA0-5702049E497F.jpeg

Day 40/ Day 6 of 12/12. DWC
Pistols on all three
B-1
Water temp 69.4 down 1” Falling
TDS 629 ppm was 659 ppm Falling
Ph 5.8 was 5.7 Rising
B-2
Water temp 69.6 down 3/4” Falling
TDS 616 ppm was 644 ppm Falling
Ph 5.7 was 5.6 Rising
B-3
Water temp 69.5 down 1” Falling
TDS 468 ppm was 483 ppm Falling
Ph 5.8 was 5.7 Rising
Dwc hasn’t been any problem by adding the ph Perfect nutrients.
Perfect conditions. Stretch is on , not moving the led up at this point . Will check lux tomorrow!

Why did you add skeeter dunk to reservoir?
To see if I could get rid of the rest of them gnats . Carcass did it with soil and had gotten rid of them . I figure by Thursday it’s time for a reservoir change . Has anyone else used it in hydro that you know of ?

To see if I could get rid of the rest of them gnats . Carcass did it with soil and had gotten rid of them . I figure by Thursday it’s time for a reservoir change . Has anyone else used it in hydro that you know of ?
Messed up don’t know how I got this back in a post !

Day 42 of 12/12
Outside temp 72 humidity 88% SE 6 mph
Building temp 70.8 humidity 71%
Tent temp 73.9 humidity 69%
Canopy temp 75.1 water temp
Water temp 70.3 down 2 gallons Falling
TDS 772 ppm was 811 ppm Falling
Ph 5.7 Static
Forgot to put the dunk in , still in the bowl! Pic
F484804E-59C1-4B46-AA7C-2E41B518EF4C.jpeg

Day 41 day 7 of 12/12
B-1
Water temp 69.1 down 1” Falling
TDS 602 ppm was 629 ppm Falling
Ph 5.8 was 5.7 Rising
B-2
Water temp 68.7 down 1/2” Falling
TDS 596 ppm was 616 ppm Falling
Ph 5.7 Static
B-3
Water temp 68.3 down 1” Falling
TDS 424 ppm was 468ppm Falling
Ph 5.9 Rising
Burple pics
87F2FC18-87F8-4406-AD1D-6C7811123CC1.jpeg

The leaves on the girls are still pointing to the light Thanks to InTheShed! The ph problem of the bum probe coated with URB. Like InTheShed said it saved what leaves I have left . Can see the improvement in the lower leaves and the others that canoed stayed like they were . The prehistoric looking one is starting to hide the stalks . Wasn’t out there at lights out ,no pics .

Yes, I have used one before in my DWC grow. It did not work out or kill them in my experience.
I forgot to put it in the 20 gallon flood and drain reservoir, I do have a small piece in each dwc for at least 4 days with no change . Still doing perfect intake of water and nutrients!

leave it be .
Rejected Beatles song titles...
a camera flashes
Like lightning flashes?
@InTheShed this new cal-mag is a big difference from my old ! The old has 2% N and the calcium and the magnesium are 1 to1 ratio which sounds short on calcium. The new has 3.2% calcium and the magnesium has 1.1% plus iron.09% manganese and .05% zinc . After what I’ve read the calcium needs to be 3 to 1 magnesium and it has that ! The dose is 8 mL per gallon 20x8=160 mL for 100% nutrient.
Magical may be why I have calcium problems.
There are so many cal-mags out there wonder how they add up ?
I used to use Botanicare's Cal-Mag+ and it was listed as N 2.0%, Ca 3.2%, Mg 1.2%, Fe 0.1% . But not since I switched to MegaCrop, which is 9-16-17, with Ca 5.6%, Mg 2.3%, Fe .07%.

If the plants look like they are calcium or magnesium deficient I just bump up the amount I'm using and the plants look great again.

Not sure if it will effect the URB, but H2O2 in hydro will kill the gnat larva.

I used to use Botanicare's Cal-Mag+ and it was listed as N 2.0%, Ca 3.2%, Mg 1.2%, Fe 0.1% . But not since I switched to MegaCrop, which is 9-16-17, with Ca 5.6%, Mg 2.3%, Fe .07%.

Did MC switch their formulation again? The newest profile I have is 10-7-18-(5.6-2.4). If yours is different, can you post a picture of the analysis numbers for me?

Rejected Beatles song titles...

Like lightning flashes?

If the plants look like they are calcium or magnesium deficient I just bump up the amount I'm using and the plants look great again.

Not sure if it will effect the URB, but H2O2 in hydro will kill the gnat larva.
That just tells me no more magical, yours is 3 to 1 !
I had gotten my butt up early just to look in the trays . No bugs and no larva in them , but the prehistoric one grew a root from hell it was blocking water from getting to the back of the tray . I pushed a 1/2 piece of pvc into the side so when it fills now it comes as an overflow. All air stones in the trays are working like new . Two I can’t see nothing except the bubbles !

It looks like they changed only the macros from their last blend. The N content for bloom looks high IMO and the high K might block a lot of the Ca from being taken up. P looks weak too.

MC Vegan.JPG

I liked their last blend better. The Vegan blend should do great till about mid bloom, but for all I know, that might be too little time left in the cycle to cause N problems. I draw my experience from having N tox problems above 100ppm, and then it was with less NH4+.

Back
Top Bottom