Wetting my feet for the first time!

(Off topic) On a Blunt Cruise is best to...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

oilbaced

I hate calling up the hook up's and all i get is meet me here, ohh im not around, ohh its haze but its just some skimpy stuff and so on ect. So im thinking why not grow some plants and see if im any good at it. What are the tools that I need to start growing from scratch, the set ups the whole kit and caboodle. I have the space I live by my self. So anyone please help a friend out. pictures would be nice.

Thank You

water, soil, nutrients, lights, fans and more if you want more. those are just the basics. Its all based upon the amount of money you are willing to put into the project. Whats your budget?

Don't take this as a smart assed-response,man.But look around here.There are examples of all the different grow styles.Have you ever grown anything,flowers or vegetables?It's all BASICALLY the same.Since this is your first time,just ignore all the hydro grows untill you get the hang of things and figure out what suits you and your space best.Soil is easiest,less complicated and less expensive.

Use bagseed to begin with.Two of the 3 best herbs I've ever smoked were bagseed that I grew.I'm talking 2 or 3 toke herb with an 8 hour buzz.I've been growing (mostly outdoors )off and on since 1983 and have just made my first seed purchase.( Mainly due to Paranoia )You don't wanna spend 50 bucks on seed just to have them die within the first 10 days.

As you read,make a list of what you'll need,soil,flower pots(2-3 liter drink bottles are great)and most importantly nutes.(nutrients)

You'll need lights.CFL's (compact flourescent lighting )are all the rage nowadays.I use regular ol' 100w cfls from wally world for supplemental lighting and have seen some beautiful herb grown with just cfls.But I have had some great results with my little 150 high pressure sodium light.( Htg.com )These folks are very discreet and reliable.Only thing I dislike is they don'y have replacement 150hps bulbs on their e-bay site.You have to call a 1-800 number.

Some people like to build their own 150hps lights.( Econolite) But,even though I payed more for my light than they did at econolite,I didn't have to do all of the re-wiring and all that crap,I just plugged it in.Also,mine is very,very quiet while on.I'm told that the econolite balasts have a very loud hum,which isn't good if security is an issue.But I know some very knowledgable and proficient growers who do far better than I do with better genetics than mine and their econolite stuff,so...Thats up to you.

I should go back to the bagseed thing an 'splain that a little better.Bagseed is different depending on what part of the U.S.A,or the world,you are from.I'm in the southeastern U.S. and we get mostly mexican brickweed in my area.The n.e. U.S. may get more sativa genetics.This is something I've only been learning about in the last year or so.In the south east we can grow most of our bagseed out under indoor lighting,but occasionally get something that takes 2,maybe 3 forevers to finish.These are pure sativas,or Sativa/indica crosses showing mostly sativa characteristics.( sat dom or sativa dominate)But most grow out ok,some are spectacular as far as potency goes though yeild is awful at times..Your area may be supplied from a different part of the world and you'll have to plan your grows accordingly.

Sorry for the length of my reply,I just love to see someone just beginning to get an interest in growing.Just be thankful I didn't get into the moral and political aspects of the illegality of growing.I would still be typing and you would prolly never see an end to the replies to my reply,Lol.

Oh,and every chance you get,grow a marigold outdoors or a philodendron indoors.It's all basically the same and alot of satisfaction can be derived from greenery that you yourself kept alive and well.Great medicine.
Peace

I think you scared him away, hardhat. Try a softer-hat method next time

I think you scared him away, hardhat. Try a softer-hat method next time
Dude,Lol.I really wasn't being a smartass or hard-ass I swear.That was just my fried self rambling.Never meant a thing when I said look around.Thought his question was reasonable.My apolozies for the mis-wording.
Peace

haha I thought it was a good helpful hint for any new grower +rep hardhat for all that typing if nothing else !
wait why is this old tread even up here ? haha shit my bad wake and bake old thread reviving again hahah

I was being sarcastic, actually. Just trying to get another post in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom