What’s wrong?

phiGweed

Okay so I received this clone a week ago and transplanted it into Fox Farm Ocean Forest.. haven’t used any nutrients yet just water. What could this be around the edges. I could be paranoid but I want to catch problems early on. I was told not to add nutes because FFOF had enough to last them a few weeks.
1DB25DF1-2AFA-48E7-8989-08A05B883E84.jpeg

3CAA1421-5EE3-4AA2-8712-B0675DBBF6F5.jpeg

Hey phiG,

Clones from outside sources often carry parasites, I could be wrong here but some of the smaller pin pricks or light spots look like bug bites. Water only huh? Probably need to add cal-mag to the water. Soil does look kinda wet. Maybe post better pics - is that a male?

Don’t get too concerned for now, but rather wait to see what other replies you get -

Hey phiG,

Clones from outside sources often carry parasites, I could be wrong here but some of the smaller pin pricks or light spots look like bug bites. Water only huh? Probably need to add cal-mag to the water. Soil does look kinda wet. Maybe post better pics - is that a male?

Don’t get too concerned for now, but rather wait to see what other replies you get -
I was afraid someone may say it was due to parasites. ☹️

I
soil looks wet, roots will hook up better into new soil if you let her dry out. Elevate plant and spray leaf undersides would be my go to answer
I watered her yesterday for the first time since last Wednesday. The soil was pretty dry based off the moisture meter I used

Great on female, thought so but the top down pic looked funky!! I’m not saying she definitely has pests but the pin prick spots look fairly suspicious, don’t they? Since they came from another source I would spray before bringing anything new into your garden but that ship has sailed. No worries! Elevate clone, spray leaf undersides first, then spray top down, let plant dry before putting back under light

Sure you can do FF as water only for several weeks with no problem.

Are you adjusting ph? If so what value? Do you use cal-mag?

May not need to adjust pH in FFOF. It's a good buffered soil.
You shouldn't have to feed until flip unless you have an exceptionally long veg time or the plants is a really heavy feeder. FFOF feeds for up to three months. Cal-mag use is a possibility but I've used FFOF with qbs and didn't need any.

I'm curious about your source water and it's pH before any adjustments as well.

You shouldn't have to feed until flip unless you have an exceptionally long veg time or the plants is a really heavy feeder. FFOF feed for up to three months. Cal-mag use is a possibility but I've used it FFOF qbs and didn't need any.

You took the words right out of my mouth exactly what I was basically going to say.

You shouldn't have to feed until flip unless you have an exceptionally long veg time or the plants is a really heavy feeder. FFOF feeds for up to three months. Cal-mag use is a possibility but I've used FFOF with qbs and didn't need any.

Hey so I used tap water that test around 6.8. I have sense tested my pH and found that could not be the issue. I did however just test the ppm and it was between 1600&1800. Not sure why since I only have been using water.

I am not sure but you could have mites I see spot damage and waxy shiny leaves that curl at the edge.
glossy leaf surface with curled leaf edges could be due to mites..PNG
I have been searching all through the tent and see no visible insects. What would you suggest doing to get rid of them? And if I don’t have them will I harm the plant by still spraying them?

Shit... never mind - thought you had the crappie $12 probe meter with 2 prongs that does light, ph and moisture. That’s blue labs so guess they don’t make junk huh? but I’ve never questioned my soil ph anyway. It is.... what it is!

Most of the critters are not visible until you snip a leaf or two and scope both sides for mites & mite eggs etc... it does require a jewelers loupe, pocket microscope or usb digital microscope. There is also smartphone app called magnifyer that you can download that works somewhat.

No harm in spraying young plant like yours and it turns out you don’t have critters, now if you were in late flower that might be a different discussion on what to spray what to avoid etc

. I did however just test the ppm and it was between 1600&1800. Not sure why since I only have been using water
Ppm of what? The soil?
Your soil pH is normal.
Fox farm is buffered between 6.2-6.8.
I believe it says it right on the bag....

Back
Top Bottom