What a mess I have caused: first attempt

Dolemitemuthaf

420 Member
hi all, I am new to growing and new to the form. I decided to grow a plant not too long ago and it is just for fun and not for yield. I don't even smoke it, I just think it's a pretty plant and I am Canadian and I can! I wanted to share my experiences with you to either help anyone else who may be starting, or just to simply give some of the more experienced growers a chuckle.

So I got a clone from a friend and I originally had one t5 cfl light for her. 20190629_144831.jpgShe was doing pretty good but in reading forums, decided that it probably wasn't enough to supply her with the required light needed in order to flourish, so I bought a second one. 20190703_151902.jpgI put her in the corner with the lights on either side of her. She really started to grow and I was quite happy with the way things were going. My goal was to have a plant with a few colas so that I could take some nice pics of the buds (I love macro photography and taking pictures of weed in bloom) and then just give away whatever I had from her. I re-potted her in organic soil and then I started to LST her and all seemed to be going well. 20190703_204132.jpgSo well that one branch was quite a bit taller than the other and I topped the one big side. Was working out great!!! I was so happy. SO i decided to buy a 30W LED light and that went over pretty well too. I gave her some grow nutes (A&B) once I think20190716_195544.jpg. She was starting to fill in nicely and the branch I topped was starting to shoot new branches. I went out and bought a small USB powered desk fan to move air around her too. Here is where things start to go sideways for me and my girl....

I went camping for 3 days and I came back and all looked good. I gave her some water (with nutes) since she was kind of dry after the 3 days. The next day, she started to look different and this is where all went to hell in a handbag. The leaf tips started to get yellow and looked burned. 20190724_093201.jpg20190728_223520.jpgSo now I am reading every piece of info I can online and it looks like so many things could be causing it. I thought maybe it was wind burn, nute burn, the lights were too close, N deficiency among other things. A friend thought it might be spider mites so I ordered a scope to view the leaves and it was clear of those. Then the leaf tips started to curl down. I read somewhere that could be from too much N and it would be best to flush the soil....so I did that. I flushed the soil and then I ended up with yellowing leaves,20190728_225339.jpg leaf claw AND fungus gnats!!! 20190803_002625.jpgSo, when the soil finally dried enough for another watering, I added nematodes to all my plants in the house. Then I read that improper PH will lock the plant from getting nutrients so I quickly ordered a PH meter (one for water and one for soil) and found that my PH is 7 (in soil and water) which is apparently too high for soil. I then bought some PH down and started to lower my waters PH. The plant pretty much stopped growing, the leafs are still yellowing and curling, the flies are pretty much gone now, but I have NO IDEA where I stand nor do I know what to do. I think I killed her..even though she is hanging on, she doesn't look very good....20190821_003042.jpg20190805_002320.jpgI have since shut off the LED since i have no idea if it's causing problems, I have stopped giving her nutrients since I don't know if she has had too many in the soil, I shut off the fan, I topped the other branch to try to encourage some growth there and I cut off a branch to try to make a clone(but it's not taking)....le sigh....

What a mess I have caused. I have pretty much given up on her although it's really hard to admit that....I don't give up on my plants, but I think this is past the point of no return. I am planning on building a PC grow box to have a bit more control over everything so we will see how that one goes..Anyway, I hope that someone gets something out of this if not just a laugh. I thank you if you actually took time to read all this and I look forward to any tips.

Hopeful you haven't given up yet!
I'm new to growing, but from everything I've seen, it looks like a nutrient lockout (probably potassium) due to ph. Flush with plain water in the 6.3 range. My first grow looked worse than that and it came back, I got 22 grams dried. Not a monster harvest or anything, but it's 22g more than I had, and I learned a ton along the way.

Worry about the PH going in, basing any decisions off of those "el cheapo" soil meters just asking for issues or have you chasing imaginary things all over the place and making issues in the process. If you mean a "PC grow box" as in a computer case IMHO won't make things easier and in fact a lot harder as harder to control heat and a cramped space etc...Sounds like you watering too much more than likely (very common mistake for new folks as they not like some of your garden plants in example). All kinds of information here, just have to spend time reading it. Easier for folks to help you out if you use this format when asking for help:

As easier for folks to scan thru it and see if anything a red flag so to speak, and the more info the better advice one gets as otherwise it can become a guessing game as many problems look similar to something different. I wouldn't give up on it if you haven't already, as they are a "weed" and can withstand a lot of abuse and still manage to grow.

You should leave those ugly leaves on there till they fall off on their own-they're yellowing because the plant is pulling nutrients out of them-removing them just makes the plant start pulling nutes from the healthy leaves that are left on the plant,and it goes on and on....

What Strain is it? ChemDawg (apparently) from clone
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid 15-20%thc
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 2 months
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? PC organic potting soil
If Soil... What Size Pot? 6"
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 2x 24" 5400k t5's , 2x full spectrum white LED grow lights "It consums only 30 watts while they are the same at 120W " whatever this means(from amazon description)...
Is it Air Cooled? not in a cabinet
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 75F
RH of Room/Cabinet? 55-75%RH
PH of Medium or Reservoir? good guess...digital meter says 7 from runoff
Any Pests? fungus gnats
How Often are you Watering? 1/week currently
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? soil has been flushed and have been using half strength nutri grow A&B
Size or Square Footage of Room?200sq ft

Attachments

• 20190831_014252.jpg
    20190831_014252.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 106
Back
Top Bottom