What About MMJ Patients Rights if the Regulate, Control, and Tax Cannabis Act of 2010

Some questions I would like to find out the answers to about how laws concerning medicinal cannabis use will affect medical cannabis patients and caregivers if the Regulate, Control, and Tax Cannabis Act of 2010 passes this November are:

Would each patient be limited to 5′ x 5′ (25′ sq.) to grow their medicinal cannabis plants (I think it would be difficult for patients that need more cannabis materials because they use edibles, tinctures, oils, etc., to be able to grow enough cannabis in such a small space);

Would the possession, growing, processing, transportation, and use (use restricted to qualified patients only) of medicinal cannabis products be allowed in any patient's and/or caregiver's legal residence, even when the patient(s) and/or caregiver(s) rent or lease the property in question (or would the property owners and/or landlords have the right to say "No!");

And, would the patients and caregivers that are allowed to legally possess, grow, process, transport, and use (use restricted to qualified patients only) medicinal cannabis products under California state laws (California Proposition 215, S.B. 420, Health & Safety Code 11362.5, and the California State Attorney General's Guidelines) still be denied safe access to medical marijuana by the Federal government (due to the Federal government's staunch opposition to rescheduling cannabis from Schedule I) if the Regulate, Control, and Tax Cannabis Act of 2010 passes, as we are now?

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: AlterNet
Copyright: 2010 AlterNet
Website: What About MMJ Patients Rights if the Regulate, Control, and Tax Cannabis Act of 2010 Passes

Re: What About MMJ Patients Rights if the Regulate, Control, and Tax Cannabis Act of

It's pretty simple....Prop 215 is not being overturned. Prop 215 will still be in full force in CA after election day. TC2010 is irrelevant to Prop 215.

I really am getting sick at heart hearing potheads say 'if we can't have it all keep it illegal' or even better 'we don't want the corporations in control'.

Horse hockey. Politics is the art of compromise. If you're a pothead and are against TC2010, you're a nitwit. Plain and simple. We don't have the numbers to write our own ticket.

Back
Top Bottom