What am I doing wrong? Why aren't edibles getting me very high?

I'm still trying to get this dosage thing all sorted out. I like the idea of edibles but I hate the wait!!! I generally use capsules.
Now, correct me if I'm wrong but I sometimes find that if I stop at maybe 8 hits off my vape I have a better buzz than if I keep going - can you smoke yourself straight???
well i there is a sealing to how enjoyable a weed high can be - at least for me. the first smoke of the day is always the best one, i get a dopamine rush and such strong euphoria, then, as the day goes on, the next sessions will be way duller. the euphoria will last much less, and it makes me sleepy and i get the couch lock...

i've always had trouble getting a good high from edibles.

2 weekends ago, went to this girl's house, we made firecrackers with 1g of weed and split em in half, she was in another dimension, i was pretty fucked up myself.

tried making tables 6 times since then and i'm getting barely a high SAME WEED

tried 0.5g decarb at 120 for 27 and 60 mins - same result - lil high. tried both infused in oil and chocolate.

how is it possible that i'm not getting blasted????? 0.5g of this weed (24% thc) should be roughly 120mg of thc????? that should put me on my ass, i've only been smoking around half a gram per day the last year. my tolerance isn't THAT high.

i can get very high off smoking 0.5g's from a bong. a edibles should hit me harder... but it barely makes me high :(

i measured the accuracy of my oven by placing some oil and heating it to 120, the oil stayed that that temp without fluctuating so the oven is working fine,..
you can try another cannabis, check out the most suitable strain for the both of you! Good luck! I'm also here to help!

you can try another cannabis, check out the most suitable strain for the both of you! Good luck! I'm also here to help!
why would that make any difference? thc is thc... besides i already tried with 4 different strains.... i dunno i guess i just dont metabolize thc the same way some people do when eaten... i also don't feel very high doses of caffine even tho i don't drink caffeine products so i have no tolerance... also 5mg xanax don't do shit to me...should put someone with no tolerance on their ass... guess i have some extra strong stomach acid:rolleyes:

2 weekends ago, went to this girl's house, we made firecrackers with 1g of weed and split em in half, she was in another dimension, i was pretty fucked up myself.

tried 0.5g decarb at 120 for 27 and 60 mins - same result - lil high. tried both infused in oil and chocolate.

how is it possible that i'm not getting blasted????? 0.5g of this weed (24% thc) should be roughly 120mg of thc????? that should put me on my ass, i've only been smoking around half a gram per day the last year. my tolerance isn't THAT high.

i can get very high off smoking 0.5g's from a bong. a edibles should hit me harder... but it barely makes me high :(

i measured the accuracy of my oven by placing some oil and heating it to 120, the oil stayed that that temp without fluctuating so the oven is working fine,..
This website gives you dosage amounts to use in edibles Edible Dosage Calculator
I use butter as my oil and add sunflower lecithin to the oil to aid in absorption. Edible Dosage Calculator
Hope this helps!

180-200 degrees - Consider letting the crock-pot do the decard (just like the old way) once at 200 - coock on high for 1 hr trhe low for 3-4hrs (more cooking time inceases cbd levels- Low) never use oven Used oven once and didn't get the results I wanted - went back to "old school" way Otherr than that adjust the amount of material used - to weak use more material -this is good for butter now of oils don't know - But the butter always turns out OK

Get an oven thermometer so you know the temps are accurate :thumb:

And then...follow this...it's from the magical butter machine website, which I use the MB2 with no decarb box :goodluck:
T-C:- Decarb at 250°F (121°C) for 30-45 minutes
C-D: Decarb at 280°F (140°C) for 60-90 minutes
C-N: Decarb at 320°F (160°C) for 90-120 minutes

If you do not have a DecarBox, use an oven roasting bag or on a rimmed baking sheet. Make sure the pan is the correct size so there is not an empty space on the pan. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes so that it toasts evenly. When the flower is darker in color—a light to medium brown—and has dried out, remove the bag or baking sheet and allow the herb to cool. It should be quite crumbly when handled.

NOTE: Your oven may not be a precision appliance; this is normal. Most ovens operate on an approximation, average, or range of values for any given temperature. Therefore, calibrating your oven is essential to accurate decarbing and baking. Do NOT skip this vital step, or your sample could be destroyed.

EDIT; Armed with this knowledge, I can make some STRONG edibles...but I use almost 2 Oz per 1lb. of "unsalted" butter
:thedoubletake:

good information CBD need a longer "cook time" many don't know this - one can get a oven-tem to but in your oven to make sure to get the right temp's

why would that make any difference? thc is thc... besides i already tried with 4 different strains.... i dunno i guess i just dont metabolize thc the same way some people do when eaten... i also don't feel very high doses of caffine even tho i don't drink caffeine products so i have no tolerance... also 5mg xanax don't do shit to me...should put someone with no tolerance on their ass... guess i have some extra strong stomach acid:rolleyes:
If the THC of your flower is at least 12% you can make some VERY strong edibles with it if you do it right. If you smoke it and you get hight then your good, no need to test the flower. There is a great book on amazon with some good recipes
51bTzHmYQDL._SX393_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

You never want to heat any of your edibles over 350F because it degrades the THC. Start out by making can butter with decried weed. If you buy some choc chip cookie mix, and add use cannbutter instead of regular butter. Here is the easiest at home way to make cannabutter. If you want it to be really strong use a more your weed but same amount of butte in the above recipe. Just saying!

i did that. tried 20 - 30 - 40 and 1 hours decarb at 250, haven't noticed a difference tbh
20 and 30 are too low, and as a beginner I would suggest you need to follow these tried and true directions exactly for decarbing.

Tried and true method for decarboxylation​

1. Preheat the oven to 240 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Loosely break up cannabis flower on a baking sheet (optionally lined with parchment paper), and cover with tinfoil.
  3. Bake the cannabis flower in the oven for 40 minutes.
  4. Allow the flower to come to room temperature before removing the tinfoil to preserve the terpenes. Letting it come to room temperature in the oven will also help reduce the scent of the cooked flower in your home.
you need a thermometer in your over first to make sure you are keeping the right temp exactly at 240 before you put your weed in the oven
your buds should look a little yellowish and toasted if you did it right,

but edibles could take time to kick in, maybe you should try another method on consuming your strain?

You have complete control over how much weed actually ends up in the edibles when you make them yourself. For me, I use 3 tablespoons of weed or ⅛ ounce and with this much weed, I can get high. The effects of these edibles may depend on the user’s body. You can make edibles and make the dosage higher, little by little, to know how much works for you.

You have complete control over how much weed actually ends up in the edibles when you make them yourself. For me, I use 3 tablespoons of weed or ⅛ ounce and with this much weed, I can get high. The effects of these edibles ottawa may depend on the user’s body. You can make edibles and make the dosage higher, little by little, to know how much works for you.

Back
Top Bottom