What am I doing wrong?

Hey man, I was currently in the exact same position you were in except I was 3 weeks in and barely 4 leaves sprouted. I am using the exact same “natural” soil as you.

What I did, because I didn’t and still don’t have the tools to test everything. Went to my big orange parts store and bought a grow bulb, transplanted my pant into a small 1 gal bucket instead of the 5 gal one I started with. When I transferred I put all new moist ( moist from the bag not me wetting it) soil, let her dry out for almost a week. And then water it with about 2 cups and let her sit for another 4-5 days. All while on the back side of a box fan, so it didn’t fold her over.

Through out those 2 recovery weeks besides checking up on her to make sure she didn’t turn completely downwards I forgot the fact I was growing and it made me a little calm about it.

Concussion: I have no clue as to why my plant grew so slow for almost 4 weeks. But now I’m around weeks 6 and she’s growing like a weed (; so with that being said remember it’s a weed and not a flower, very low maintenance just to make it grow, and if your plant did the same as mine then there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Here mine as of right now with my extra low budget set up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    560.2 KB · Views: 48
Hey man, I was currently in the exact same position you were in except I was 3 weeks in and barely 4 leaves sprouted. I am using the exact same “natural” soil as you.

What I did, because I didn’t and still don’t have the tools to test everything. Went to my big orange parts store and bought a grow bulb, transplanted my pant into a small 1 gal bucket instead of the 5 gal one I started with. When I transferred I put all new moist ( moist from the bag not me wetting it) soil, let her dry out for almost a week. And then water it with about 2 cups and let her sit for another 4-5 days. All while on the back side of a box fan, so it didn’t fold her over.

Through out those 2 recovery weeks besides checking up on her to make sure she didn’t turn completely downwards I forgot the fact I was growing and it made me a little calm about it.

Concussion: I have no clue as to why my plant grew so slow for almost 4 weeks. But now I’m around weeks 6 and she’s growing like a weed (; so with that being said remember it’s a weed and not a flower, very low maintenance just to make it grow, and if your plant did the same as mine then there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Here mine as of right now with my extra low budget set up.
which bulb are you using now?

Hey OP how your little ones making out??

If you wanna grow in soil just grow in soil.

Pretty much any soil works specially in the early stages. It's when the plants get bigger and flowers is when you need to think about your soil and maybe some amendments.

For seedlings I run like a 10w LED regular household light bulb say 4-5K color and thats it until they have a few sets of true leaves then I up-pot.

For amendments that I pointed to earlier you can't go wrong with 1 cup of EWC (earth worm castings) to 1/2 cup Kelp Meal.

You can add that to your bagged soil. It won't change the PH (not that I care about it) and the Kelp Meal and EWC have EVERYTHING The plants need to finish and harvest.

Get your first grow done and while its finishing, read read read.
Don't believe everything you read.
Common sense is always a good thing with gardening.

Back
Top Bottom