What am I growing? And why are my buds in such bad shape? Help!

fozzy

Hi people

A couple of months ago i found a seed and grow it and basically built a grow room around it, the plant is massive its a female its in week 8 in flowering there are many bud sites but they are very little or no trichs and the buds look poor, can any one tell me what i can do to get those buds to start producing more of the good stuff.

My room seems a bit hot having trouble getting temps below 33-35c but the res water is cool and there is good air circulation, im using a 3 part gh nutrients mix and a 600w duel spectrum bulb which im changing to super hps in the morning.

So if any one could tell me how to improve my buds as it is week 8, ive done everything right i think someone has suggested bad genetics that fair enough but what can i do to get the most out of it, and when should i give up on it and cure it, so if any weed guru out there could help me and even tell me what strain it is i would be very happy,

I have included a few photos just to show you how big the plant is and how poor he buds are

Any help would be greatly appreciated many thanks

fozzy

20160831_210952.jpg
20160831_210659.jpg
20160831_210802.jpg
20160831_204847.jpg
20160831_204727.jpg

What im i growing, Wht are my buds so poor? please please help!

Hi people

A couple of months ago i found a seed and grow it and basically built a grow room around it, the plant is massive its a female its in week 8 in flowering there are many bud sites but they are very little or no trichs and the buds look poor, can any one tell me what i can do to get those buds to start producing more of the good stuff.

My room seems a bit hot having trouble getting temps below 33-35c but the res water is cool and there is good air circulation, im using a 3 part gh nutrients mix and a 600w duel spectrum bulb which im changing to super hps in the morning.

So if any one could tell me how to improve my buds as it is week 8, ive done everything right i think someone has suggested bad genetics that fair enough but what can i do to get the most out of it, and when should i give up on it and cure it, so if any weed guru out there could help me and even tell me what strain it is i would be very happy,

I have included a few photos just to show you how big the plant is and how poor he buds are

Any help would be greatly appreciated many thanks

fozzy
20160831_210952.jpg
20160831_210659.jpg
20160831_210533.jpg
20160831_204847.jpg
20160831_204753.jpg
20160831_204743.jpg
20160831_204727.jpg

Re: What im i growing, Wht are my buds so poor? please please help!

At first I thought it was male, but I zoomed in and saw the pistils. (great photos, I just have lousy eyes) It's definitely sativa. Pure sativas tend to have very light loose buds and can take up to 20 weeks in flower.

You've done a great job with plant so far and nice set up. No signs of any deficiency or pests that might be holding flowering back. You may not get a great harvest from this one, but if you buy proven seeds from one of our sponsors your next grow will be awesome (and faster!)

Only question is what lighting are you using? Cannabis produces more flowers under lighting with color temp of 2700K. Lights in the 5000-6000K range are good for leaf production but not flowers. Hope that helps.

Thank you very much dean a sativa, nice not really sure what the difference is but i will research it for sure im just glad that i aint done anything wrong after 8 weeks i was panicking but its such a relief to hear its ok from some one in the know like yourself

Thanks again buddy

Thanks rabbi for your input i to was afraid that maybe it was a hermie but its great news to know its all good,WOW 20 weeks flowering maybe? thats ages but hopefully worth the wait,

thanks for input on light , i have just had my super hps delivered today so my sweetheart will wake up to some nice red light in the morning ive also got some cal-mag and pk boost to add to my bucket change on sunday its just nice to know thats its in good shape thank you very much for the thumbs up its been such a secret of mine so its really nice for someone else to have a look and even give me a pat on the back

thanks again

What is your GH mix of nute's?
I see a plant that has had light stress. That causes the single bladed leaves and sparse/funky buds. It will sort itself out eventually, but it can take a longggggg time. :( Somewhere along the line I bet she had longer light times, then shorter light, then back to longer again before rally being flipped to bloom. Do you have light leaks during her dark/night time?

Major first of all your practically spot on, as i said at the beginning i built my whole grow room around finding thid one seed so in the first 5 weeks of her life she would get 18/6 for a few days then i would forget to turn it off so she would get 24/0 for a day or 2 and even forgot to put the light on once or twice, but as the weeks went on i started buying timers and dwc buckets and lights,in fact the growth just stopped for about 2 weeks, oh and she topped herself buy the way, yes just decided to split into 2 major branches but her will to survive spurred me on to put more effort into the whole thing,

However from the last 2 weeks in veg she has had the best conditions i can give her the only problem is the room temp fluctuates between 30-35c but i keep the bucket water nice and cool and there is loads of recirculating air infact ive just bought a 16" oscillating fan to replace the 6" ones i will now point the small 1 at the light and have the large one fan the plant and room im hoping this will bring down the temps that 5-7c i need

At the moment i get about 17 liters of water in my 21 liter bucket that takes me to the bottom of the netpot the current nute mix at the moment is gh micro=30ml gh grow=10ml and gh bloom 50ml i do my bucket change on sundays and this sunday i will add a 14/15 pk boost and some cal-mag

and no they are no light leeks its pitch black at night HOWEVER i have a very bad habit of checking on her sometimes 15 times a night so that cannot be good she is like my new baby lol,

i was wondering why i was getting single leaves and you said it would sort its self out but but it would take a long time how long is long?lol how far should i have the light above the canopy mine is abot 12-14"

OH and sorry about writing so much but im dreading my nute change on Sunday has anyone got a simple way of changing a nute bucket without pulling your whole plant from the scrog net plus i cannot get the rot mass out of the hole in the lid so if there is a easy way of doing this i would love to know

all input is greatly appreciated

many thanks

Fozzy

i was wondering why i was getting single leaves and you said it would sort its self out but but it would take a long time how long is long?lol how far should i have the light above the canopy mine is abot 12-14"

I can't say how long for sure. Once the light timing is consistent, it usually takes many weeks from when it stabilized - often a couple of months (or more). Some plants never get completely "normal" by the time they finish flowering.

12" sounds awfully close, but as long as you can control the temperature and the plant isn't showing light burn, closer is better. I use a 600W HPS and keep mine 16" - 18" above the highest part of the canopy.

Months oh no i reckon thats me for sure im going to put my 16" fan together now and see if i can get those temps down a bit thanks for your input

re: What am I growing? and why are my buds in such bad shape Help!

Hey Foz I am no expert. I have only 1 1/2 grows under my belt but I know in the grow I just finished my yields sucked and I think it was largely because of the temps in the tent. They were consistently above 27 and I think it resulted in sparse, light and airy buds with reduced potency. If your temps are as high as you state that would be my starting point. Given the size of your grow it might be worth it considering getting some ac?

re: What am I growing? and why are my buds in such bad shape Help!

It was me, who suggested bad genetics and I'm gonna stick to it.

If high temps were the issue, not only the buds will be underdeveloped, but lots of other symptoms would show up, predominantly on the leaves. High temps can't affect the buds selectively and leave the rest of the plant okay.

And it is okay. I don't see anything on the leaves that would suggest any sort of defficiency or overabundance of elements. But look at those leaves unfurling... They're deformed, if my eyesight serves me well. And the buds... They didn't start developing normally. Small and airy buds are still in the shape and the form of buds. This ones aren't. It's like giant pistils growing all over it, but no formation of a real bud in sight.

Having said that, I see they're likely sativa-dominant, maybe you're looking at a very long flowering time, say 10-12 weeks? Maybe they're gonna fatten up later?

But then, sativas tolerate, some even thrive at higher temps. One more reason against the heat argument.

Well, the op's questions left me with a question. I notice you said you give it 600w super hps in the morning. Well if tour only giving it light in the morning I doubt the plant is getting enough energy from the light to produce much. I hope I took that wrong but if you're only giving it light for say 5 hours a day or something like that it needs a lot more. I would say you need to be giving it a minimum of 10 hours but 12 would be great.
Plant needs that many hours of light to suck up enough energy to produce the bud you're after.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The way I understand is that OP is about to switch from dual-spectrum to HPS in the morning. I assume he has a 12/12 schedule. But, as you say, it could be interpreted both ways.
Gotcha. Glad u caught it cause I was a lil concerned lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looks to me like it can't quite kick into flowering mode. All the single bladed leafs are odd. It almost looks like a reveg. I would check your timer and then back it off to 11on 13off. Sativas can do some weird things at 12/12. Keep us posted.

It is from light stress. The plant re-veg'd from an unstable photoperiod. Single-bladed leaves and sparse buds are sure indications.

Sorry if i didnt explain myself properly they are getting a 12/12 its just i was switching from duel spectrum to super hps in the morning as my light cycle is 06.30 til 18.30 when the light goes out tonight i will give you some different photos as the buds are much bigger now plus if im correct and im sure my nose serves me well there is a lemon citris smell coming from the buds im sure, but they are not sticky and there are no trichs on the leaves but all the hairs still look very white i hope its just a long flowering plant that had a bit of a tricky start,

thanksyou for all your input of everybody and im still very open to advice like i said i will put some up to date photos on later ot tommorrow

Back
Top Bottom