What are common mistakes made by first time growers?

I had ordered seeds on line and received them.. Some of the shippers have stealth delivery I would suggest spending the extra couple of dollars for it. Customs went thru my package but found nothing.

Can I use my aquarium PH test kit to check the water? Is there a better way I hate using the test strips.

yes you can....did it once when I ran out of the stuff I get from the hydro store cause they were closed.:slide:

:rollit::rollit:Wow very intelligent growing schedule Smokey, btw I'm new here but I have had some exp. in growing. Right now I'm working on an indica strain I'm not sure what the name of the actual strain is but the leaves are broad and the stems are puple/white very sexy grow!:ganjamon:

Anyone have any suggestions on Indica strain for first time indoor grower? I have a huge list from single seed center, I like the souds of Hawaiian Skunk and Jungle Wreck from Seedsman, any thoughts on these and others would be great. I would like to keep the cost of them low, since I will be buying equipment and materials.

hey wuts up fellow growers... i have tryed to grow time and time again. this time i had problems with ph levels in the soil... the ph was at 8 i dint think thats to high but the plant wasnt takin in the n-p-k. could anybody help me with the whole soil and lime to use it or not? i never used it befor ( i think the problem) what does everybody use for soil and what about the fertilizer? i hed about somthing called voodoo jucie nd many people love it... i f you can get back to me with the 101 of soil nd fertilizer that would be great:thanks:

can anybody help me? i need to lower my soil P.H. quick! plase write back nd do i used dolomite lime?

If you need to lower your PH quickly, then I'm not sure that lime will help. It will take time for it to work, so I guess it would be how fast do you need it? I have never used it, but several members here have mentioned a product called ph down. I think it was designed for a hydroponics grow but I seem to remember someone here saying that they have used it on soil for a quick fix. Over the years, I have learned to mix my own soil before every grow so I never have to add anything but water. Dolomite lime is part of my mix, so that my soil is ph balanced before I start. I will start with 1 cup per 10 gallons of soil, let the mix cook for a couple of weeks then check the ph, then add more if needed
Hopefully, someone with some actual experience with ph down will chime in and let you know

Any ideas on pinching the tops during veg? :hmmmm:

do you mean cutting them off or just bending them? cutting them will give 2 out shoots and more bud sites but itll take a week or 2 for the plant to restart new leaf growth. training a plant to lean over on its side lets direct light get the the branch growth and fatter buds all over. a lot easier to LST.

The biggest thing i see wrong with beginner grows, is using inferior "hot" soil and not ph balancing their water. Also, i tell people that it is way better to save up money for an hps light and cool tube than to start without it.

Being a first time grower (in 20 years) I am actually amazed by the amount of light these plants require to thrive.... The more the light I throw at them the happier they seem to be... Just wow!

Back
Top Bottom