What are some causes of slow plant growth?

One I have tried to get my way and just can't is a strain I got from a friend travelling to Canada. R2 as it is called; what I now can believe would look like a cross of northern light and super sensi star; the one I got is the short sister (r2 had two pheno; one huge tall one and one that stays short through its life) and is a surprising 60-40 indica that stays so short it's insane. Even in flo the build is already established and won't stretch more than 1 foot extra. Takes 10 days extra to start seeing bud sites but they do take off. Still though it will take 60-70 days from start of flo. Which is a bummer. This is all to say some genetics; no matter the ratio and the periods of drought given; will not bend to your will no matter what you try. I don't mind though; I'm on LEDs and would rather a short stout plant that produces what it needs to on the top.

I am stumped too
420-magazine-mobile2135053296.jpg

They are also growing slowly

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I have an outdoor plant and just really need any information I can get first time grower as well as new to this app any information will help for outdoor growth

Sent from my LG-K428 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It all depends on the conditions your growing in and what your feeding. Organic soil or soil with synthetics is always slower. Coco on the other hand is like hydro. If you treat it like hydro you will get faster growth. With coco always use a coco friendly or hydroponic type of nutrients. Slow growth has a lot to do with phenotypes too. Domed phenos grow faster and better than other phenos.

CannaBomb62000000

It all depends on the conditions your growing in and what your feeding. Organic soil or soil with synthetics is always slower. Coco on the other hand is like hydro. If you treat it like hydro you will get faster growth. With coco always use a coco friendly or hydroponic type of nutrients. Slow growth has a lot to do with phenotypes too. Domed phenos grow faster and better than other phenos.

CannaBomb62000000
Well I have it in organic soil with a little bit of soil that has vermiculite is that bad? The plant seems healthy and is fairly tall

CannaBomb62000000
420-magazine-mobile1953199933.jpg

Would recovery from seedlings damping-off also cause slow plant growth?
side note: what are the telltale signs for seedlings bouncing off of damping-off?

It looks like it doesn't have enough food. Also looks like it needs more light and airflow. 50 watts of LED is good for seedlings which I can tell its still a seedling. Its working on developing roots. If I was you I would go with a t5 florescent fixture until it gets big enough then put it under at least 150 watts of LED. I can't do much because I don't know how your environment looks. Picture of the setup would help out and if I knew what your humidity and temps were at when the lights are on and off

CannaBomb62000000

Actually I don't have a light set up short on funds but I'm using just regular old sun light I n ow her growth is really slow

Yea I figured but I have another question is it bad to have it outside then inside?

Back
Top Bottom