What are some causes of slow plant growth?

Ohhh I'll have to check that out nybad about all the questions I'm hella just tryna do this properly to get a good yeild but OK when I have a whole dwc set up and ready to go do I still germinate the seed and place it in the clay beads or??? Ha I've always grown with soil only never had a whole set up

Sent from my LG-K428 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The cause of slow plant growth can range from lots of things like if you did a transplant it could be transplant shock or also could be pests,nute deficiencies ,ph level is wack, soil composition isn't suitable for cannabis it can be a range of many things if you don't want this to happen avoid a cure and prevent it in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi,

7 Bubba Kush seeds from CKS. All popped. Planted in soil, indoors under a ViparSpectra 300 watt LED. They popped up fast once under light, but now two of the seedlings have yellow leaves, and they're all growing slow. Please let me know how I can help them improve....

Specs:

It's been one week under the LED light - which is about 12 inches above plants.
No nutes. I water them morning and night with collected rain water as they look quite dry.
Humidity 40.
Temp 68 degrees.
5 planted in jiffy peat pots. 2 with yellow leaves live in small clay pots.
Organic soil.
All plants are about half inch tall.
Window in room is cracked during the day for air.
24 hour LED light cycle.

All thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Vlad
Your light is too close and you are watering too often. Research both subjects...

I am by no means an expert but from my experience there will always be at least one bottle neck when it comes to growth. In a perfect world, this wouldn't happen but alas it is an imperfect world.

If you have enough water, the plant is getting enough light and there's enough CO2, you should be good right?

Well I've gone crazy and crazy whenever I've run into slow growth and it's always been one of the following: underwatering, too small a pot. Not enough light, or air exchange in room wasn't great.

Was hoping to get some help. I tried to write my own post but not sure if it worked since I'm new to all this.. but I am in my first grow.. I'm growing Reggie bag seed.. I do have blue dream seeds but wanted to see how i do first . A little about my setup. I'm in a 2x2x4 grow tent.. in 6th week of flower running 12/12 I have 6-24watt 2700k cfl and 2-24watt 6500k cfl in a 5 gallon pot in fox farm soil with fox farm nuts and cal/mag only used twice cause of a cal deficiency. The nuts were every other feeding.. only issues I had were the cal deficiency a little root bound issue and light burn but besides that's been amazing.. not sure how to upload pics yet. But hopefully you can help me with that.. I should be 2 weeks from havest but my mag loop to check the tricomes has not came yet and was hoping by showing pics you could help on a dead line

post ahead Kelsey, will try to answer

Hey ya'll
Okay so I'm from Texas and currently undergoing my first grow. My seeds popped on July 3 and they are all just surprises... my dumb ass didn't buy feminized seeds so I guess I can only hope and pray these babies are ladies. Anyways I feel like my seeds are growing so slow... and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I got a grow tent, and I got 600w LED on them about a foot and a half away. Please help but please dumb it down for me, I'm super new to this and I already feel like my life is just one big blonde moment. Thank you!! .
420-magazine-mobile1146822745.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1512359556.jpg
420-magazine-mobile971153299.jpg
420-magazine-mobile894527691.jpg

This should go without saying, but first order of business is to make sure your grow's secure. Correct me if I'm wrong but Texas is one of the least lenient states when it comes to marijuana. So, secure your grow; make sure it's discreet (don't tell a soul), and, this is important as well, enjoy the experience. Most people who try growing find the process tedious and lack the patience to continue on.

On to the grow shindig
Can you tell us more about the seed's genetics? If bag seed, what kind of flowers did the seeds come from?

A foot seems pretty near for such a strong LED grow light, and for such small seedlings no less. I would recommend getting a different setup for seedlings, something small like a 100w> CFL setup in a bucket like my seed nursery.

How often do you water if at all? From my experience, and I live in the tropics so I reckon drying ain't as quick as the climate there in Texas, I usually water once or twice a week for seedlings, or up until I feel the medium is drying up---but not bone dry. Watering can be a beginner's deathknell in growing. Some growers and most unstudied growers would translate love for a plant as watering---not saying anything's wrong with that, but the cannabis plant should be approached differently than other plants. Cannabis seedling's roots need oxygen, and having the medium too wet deprives the roots of an abundant source of oxygen.

Plant #2, the one you're holding. Is that its stem right behind your finger there in the photo? If that's the seedling's stem then it shows stretching, a seedling's way of saying it isn't getting the proper light intensity it wants. Place all plants under a light's intense gaze, and not around it.

The seedlings do look small if they germinated July 3. Most vigorous vegetative plants root and establish just a week (if in final pot), matures enough for flowering a week after its first month.

That is all for now, and I hope this helps! Do a grow journal instead and post the link here, I'd be more than happy to subscribe and, if need be, guide the grow along the way.
Grow and help the world grow -Nick from High Times

and imho, blondes are badasses

Oh my goodness thank you so much. I'll def do that! I really hope that my light is strong enough. I did totally buy it off eBay. It's kinda crazy because I haven't smoked weed in probably two years or so.... it's crazy hard to find around here and you might get some dirt weed for around $20 a gram. I'll lower my lights this morning and try to post you some better pictures! I got my Northern Light strain from nirvana (after a nerve wrecking month) and you won't believe it but I got my Medicine Man off...wait for it.... freakin Etsy ... Thank you Nick your the ..com

This should go without saying, but first order of business is to make sure your grow's secure. Correct me if I'm wrong but Texas is one of the least lenient states when it comes to marijuana. So, secure your grow; make sure it's discreet (don't tell a soul), and, this is important as well, enjoy the experience. Most people who try growing find the process tedious and lack the patience to continue on.

On to the grow shindig
Can you tell us more about the seed's genetics? If bag seed, what kind of flowers did the seeds come from?

A foot seems pretty near for such a strong LED grow light, and for such small seedlings no less. I would recommend getting a different setup for seedlings, something small like a 100w> CFL setup in a bucket like my seed nursery.

How often do you water if at all? From my experience, and I live in the tropics so I reckon drying ain't as quick as the climate there in Texas, I usually water once or twice a week for seedlings, or up until I feel the medium is drying up---but not bone dry. Watering can be a beginner's deathknell in growing. Some growers and most unstudied growers would translate love for a plant as watering---not saying anything's wrong with that, but the cannabis plant should be approached differently than other plants. Cannabis seedling's roots need oxygen, and having the medium too wet deprives the roots of an abundant source of oxygen.

Plant #2, the one you're holding. Is that its stem right behind your finger there in the photo? If that's the seedling's stem then it shows stretching, a seedling's way of saying it isn't getting the proper light intensity it wants. Place all plants under a light's intense gaze, and not around it.

The seedlings do look small if they germinated July 3. Most vigorous vegetative plants root and establish just a week (if in final pot), matures enough for flowering a week after its first month.

That is all for now, and I hope this helps! Do a grow journal instead and post the link here, I'd be more than happy to subscribe and, if need be, guide the grow along the way.
Grow and help the world grow -Nick from High Times

and imho, blondes are badasses

Oh my goodness thank you so much. I'll def do that! I really hope that my light is strong enough. I did totally buy it off eBay. It's kinda crazy because I haven't smoked weed in probably two years or so.... it's crazy hard to find around here and you might get some dirt weed for around $20 a gram. I'll lower my lights this morning and try to post you some better pictures! I got my Northern Light strain from nirvana (after a nerve wrecking month) and you won't believe it but I got my Medicine Man off...wait for it.... freakin Etsy ... Thank you Nick your the ..com
420-magazine-mobile24979737.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1322838411.jpg
420-magazine-mobile30144380.jpg
420-magazine-mobile993261871.jpg

Back
Top Bottom