What are some causes of slow plant growth?

This should go without saying, but first order of business is to make sure your grow's secure. Correct me if I'm wrong but Texas is one of the least lenient states when it comes to marijuana. So, secure your grow; make sure it's discreet (don't tell a soul), and, this is important as well, enjoy the experience. Most people who try growing find the process tedious and lack the patience to continue on.

On to the grow shindig
Can you tell us more about the seed's genetics? If bag seed, what kind of flowers did the seeds come from?

A foot seems pretty near for such a strong LED grow light, and for such small seedlings no less. I would recommend getting a different setup for seedlings, something small like a 100w> CFL setup in a bucket like my seed nursery.

How often do you water if at all? From my experience, and I live in the tropics so I reckon drying ain't as quick as the climate there in Texas, I usually water once or twice a week for seedlings, or up until I feel the medium is drying up---but not bone dry. Watering can be a beginner's deathknell in growing. Some growers and most unstudied growers would translate love for a plant as watering---not saying anything's wrong with that, but the cannabis plant should be approached differently than other plants. Cannabis seedling's roots need oxygen, and having the medium too wet deprives the roots of an abundant source of oxygen.

Plant #2, the one you're holding. Is that its stem right behind your finger there in the photo? If that's the seedling's stem then it shows stretching, a seedling's way of saying it isn't getting the proper light intensity it wants. Place all plants under a light's intense gaze, and not around it.

The seedlings do look small if they germinated July 3. Most vigorous vegetative plants root and establish just a week (if in final pot), matures enough for flowering a week after its first month.

That is all for now, and I hope this helps! Do a grow journal instead and post the link here, I'd be more than happy to subscribe and, if need be, guide the grow along the way.
Grow and help the world grow -Nick from High Times

and imho, blondes are badasses

And hey again with the blonde issues... how do I start a grow journal?

And hey again with the blonde issues... how do I start a grow journal?

I'm not Nick from High Times btw, I just love quoting him when approaching new beginners.

Medicine man off Etsy? I know Etsy, yea, that's where I got my granny tea table for my room (I'm a 20 something male who enjoys granny tea time), but what is this medicine man you're pertaining to?

Ain't that bad to be off the weed for a long time, at least inhibition is still on for that long. $20 a gram doesn't even sound crazy where I'm from, where they pop about $30-$40 a gram converted to the currency.

Your lights are plenty strong enough, but I suggest moving the light in a way that its intense gaze would hit the aforementioned stretched plant (at the left side in the photo).

Anywho, to start a grow journal navigate over to the grow room tab and click grow journals; from there look for journals in progress and click it, then click forum tools to start a new thread.

I'm not Nick from High Times btw, I just love quoting him when approaching new beginners.

Medicine man off Etsy? I know Etsy, yea, that's where I got my granny tea table for my room (I'm a 20 something male who enjoys granny tea time), but what is this medicine man you're pertaining to?

Ain't that bad to be off the weed for a long time, at least inhibition is still on for that long. $20 a gram doesn't even sound crazy where I'm from, where they pop about $30-$40 a gram converted to the currency.

Your lights are plenty strong enough, but I suggest moving the light in a way that its intense gaze would hit the aforementioned stretched plant (at the left side in the photo).

Anywho, to start a grow journal navigate over to the grow room tab and click grow journals; from there look for journals in progress and click it, then click forum tools to start a new thread.

Can you message me on here?

Alright.. what does that mean? You can have friends on this thing? Is this like weedbook?

Kinda new to adding friends up myself as I usually stick to posting independently on threads. I guess keeping friends here will give you mail updates on activity and other stuff. Do I still need to message ya? We're on two different threads already

Hey ya'll
Okay so I'm from Texas and currently undergoing my first grow. My seeds popped on July 3 and they are all just surprises... my dumb ass didn't buy feminized seeds so I guess I can only hope and pray these babies are ladies. Anyways I feel like my seeds are growing so slow... and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I got a grow tent, and I got 600w LED on them about a foot and a half away. Please help but please dumb it down for me, I'm super new to this and I already feel like my life is just one big blonde moment. Thank you!! .
420-magazine-mobile1146822745.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1512359556.jpg
420-magazine-mobile971153299.jpg
420-magazine-mobile894527691.jpg

Hey there. I hope all you're doing fine. I just saw these pics that's i am having right now. I have the same reddişh spectrumed led you have and my seedlings insists on growing slow. what happened to your girls, did you have a solution?

Look at all the little white specks on top of your dirt with a pocket microscope or jewelers loupe, I bet it's hundreds of little fungus gnat maggots eating your soil and roots. If you look close when you water you can see them flip around like mosquito larva in stagnant water.
:popcorn:

Hi,

7 Bubba Kush seeds from CKS. All popped. Planted in soil, indoors under a ViparSpectra 300 watt LED. They popped up fast once under light, but now two of the seedlings have yellow leaves, and they're all growing slow. Please let me know how I can help them improve....

Specs:

It's been one week under the LED light - which is about 12 inches above plants.
No nutes. I water them morning and night with collected rain water as they look quite dry.
Humidity 40.
Temp 68 degrees.
5 planted in jiffy peat pots. 2 with yellow leaves live in small clay pots.
Organic soil.
All plants are about half inch tall.
Window in room is cracked during the day for air.
24 hour LED light cycle.

All thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Vlad
watering too much, wait about 3 days between watering

Hi,

7 Bubba Kush seeds from CKS. All popped. Planted in soil, indoors under a ViparSpectra 300 watt LED. They popped up fast once under light, but now two of the seedlings have yellow leaves, and they're all growing slow. Please let me know how I can help them improve....

Specs:

It's been one week under the LED light - which is about 12 inches above plants.
No nutes. I water them morning and night with collected rain water as they look quite dry.
Humidity 40.
Temp 68 degrees.
5 planted in jiffy peat pots. 2 with yellow leaves live in small clay pots.
Organic soil.
All plants are about half inch tall.
Window in room is cracked during the day for air.
24 hour LED light cycle.

All thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Vlad
Hi did anyone else comment or help you? how are the LED's performing now and are the girls thriving?

Actually I don't have a light set up short on funds but I'm using just regular old sun light I n ow her growth is really slow

Sent from my LG-K428 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
If you are lucky enough to live somewhere sunny then put outside....but it will need lots of light to get to flowering stage and you need to force the darkness..I grew mine in a big bay window it took 4 months till they flowered and I lifted them every night into the bath as its dark no window in there...to give them more dark time...but you may have to finish them off with lights.

Scrog. Screen of green. Basically trains the plants you try to get all of the bud sites at an even level so they all get large instead of one main cola.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420

If I’m correct you wouldn’t want to use metal chicken wire to support your scrog. Fabric netting is more forgiving to you girls.

Hey guys. Need a little help here. Started my first grow a couple weeks ago. I was having temp problems early on during the seedling phase which I think stunted their growth. Got my temps dialed in now. What I'm wondering is is it worth it to grow them till harvest or should I quit here and start a new grow. I already have a few seedling just in case. P.S. Its been 24 days since seed popped out of soil. Here's a couple pics of then. A few when were when they were solo cups and a few of them now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 20190814_215032.jpg
    20190814_215032.jpg
    513.5 KB · Views: 202
  • 20190814_214954.jpg
    20190814_214954.jpg
    537.7 KB · Views: 195
  • 20190814_214947.jpg
    20190814_214947.jpg
    526.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 20190814_214925.jpg
    20190814_214925.jpg
    591.8 KB · Views: 210
  • 20190801_231148.jpg
    20190801_231148.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 190
  • 20190801_231115.jpg
    20190801_231115.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 200
  • 20190801_231043.jpg
    20190801_231043.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 215
  • 20190801_231006.jpg
    20190801_231006.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 188
Im having a slow growth as well. I guess my brother a seed w/o my knowledge & i got this baddie, but shes growing slow

Attachments

• 20190918_170810.jpg
    20190918_170810.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 189
  • 20190918_170806.jpg
    20190918_170806.jpg
    524.4 KB · Views: 190
Back
Top Bottom