What are the Basics of Keeping a Low Profile?

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
AF sent me this article, I'm not sure the author, but it's good stuff to know:
In any war, intelligence--information about the enemy--lays the groundwork for attack. So, the less police know about growers the better. Law enforcement collects most of the information about the enemy from the enemy. By controlling their activities and surroundings, growers minimize what law enforcement knows about them and the accompanying aftermath. Your activities--where you go, how you go there, what you buy, how you pay for it, who you talk to, what you say--are all things you can control. Your surroundings--your home, growroom, outside property, electrical use, air quality, and visitors--are also parts of your environment that you are able to control.

Never trust anybody, not friends, not family, not even your own children or mother! US conspiracy laws make it possible to jail victims for what they say or what is said about them. America reminds me of Cuba is this regard. A few years ago while visiting the forbidden island, I was amazed to find so many parallels between Cuba and the United States. One of the most striking similarities the two countries share is the fact that what you say or what is said about you can land you in jail!

When it comes to war, you can throw out the Constitution and The Bill of Rights. As federal Judge Jack Shanstrom told the jury before deliberation on the Jodie Israel marijuana-conspiracy case, "an overt act does not itself have to be unlawful. A lawful act may be an element of a conspiracy if it was done for the purpose of carrying out the conspiracy. The government is not required to prove that the defendant personally did one of the overt acts. Once you have decided that the defendant was a member of the conspiracy, the defendant is responsible for what other conspirators said or did to carry out the conspiracy, whether or not the defendant knew what they said or did."

The Judge continued: "A defendant's knowledge of and participation in a conspiracy may be inferred from circumstantial evidence and from evidence of the defendant's action. Acts which seem otherwise innocent, when viewed in the context of the surrounding circumstances, may justify an inference of complicity."

The most dangerous places to visit or telephone include other growrooms, stores that cater to indoor gardeners, and anywhere illegal drugs are being used. Although very tempting, avoid visiting other growrooms. You never know when or how they are being monitored by law enforcement. Your presence at another growroom could tie you to it. Testimony by the grower could implicate you and your grow operation even if they've never been to your garden!

Using your telephone is an obvious no-no! Technology today makes tracking telephone numbers and their locations very easy. Use a pay telephone to make calls when it involves a garden. A case involving a police department that subpoenaed telephone company records of a garden store is currently being heard in federal court. Phone records showed the telephone numbers that were used to call the store. Narcs tracked these numbers down and watched the homes where they were located. More than 1000 arrests resulted! Was the police action legal? The courts are determining that now. Meanwhile, a thousand POWs were taken over a four-year period. Who knows how many police stations are using these same tactics?

When calling or visiting an indoor garden store, never, ever mention marijuana or anything illegal. Do not allude to growing anything illegal. They will be forced to kick you out or hang up immediately.

Stories abound about narcs watching garden-store parking lots and following clients home. You never know when law enforcement will bring the battlefield to the parking lot. Assume they are there. If you must go to a dangerous place, do not go there regularly and do not drive your own car. Take public transportation or go in a car not registered to you or anybody in your family.

Cash tells no tales and leaves no trails. Pay for all purchases relating to the growroom in cash. If you must order something by mail or UPS, pay with a money order that was purchased in cash. Avoid the convenience of using a credit card. Even if it's someone else's, you immediately become a bargaining chip for them if they have any legal problems.

Do not take photos of your garden that show incriminating evidence such as peoples faces, tattoos or anything traceable, such as telephone or license-plate numbers, addresses on a letter, etc. When taking photographs to be developed, do not list your telephone number or address on the receipt. Pay for the photos in cash and do not drive your car to the store.

If you live in the United States, never, never, ever show your growroom to anybody! Do not tell anybody you are growing or have ever grown! Always deny growing. Such information in the hands of someone else renders you powerless. The word "friend" rolls off the tongue so easily until the "friend" is interrogated by law enforcement. Two of the major weapons cops have in their arsenal are deception and intimidation. They lie and intimidate petrified growers to extort information from them.

When a grower is arrested, they are interrogated--not like in the movies, but for real. The interrogation is not over one or two sessions. It often goes on for months. During this time, the accused (without being proved guilty) is coerced into providing information about other growers. Even if they do not know anything about those growers, they are pressured to make up information so the police can use this erroneous information to secure search warrants. Guilt by association has blindsided more than one grower.
A jealous, spiteful or vindictive friend, lover or enemy has complete control over you and your future if they know you are growing. Imagine, just on the whim of a snitch, your life can be changed forever. I met a grower who was cultivating marijuana as medicine to ease the side effects of chemotherapy he was receiving. His vindictive daughter forced him to grow a bigger crop than he needed, sell the excess and pay her the proceeds in exchange for not ratting him out. I could feel the pain in the poor man's words when he told me the story.

Once law enforcement has stumbled across evidence, received solicited evidence from spiteful snitches or coerced evidence from freaked-out friends trying to save themselves, they go out and look for information by subpoena, phone records, electric records, shopping records, etc., and then deploy more sophisticated snoop tactics, most often dogs trained to sniff marijuana.

All that I've got to say is have a lawyer, be prepared. Cops are sneaky, be sneakier. Get a big dog, and have a secured property. Make sure that no one can get in unless you let them in, including cops. Be safe brothers and sisters, and Overgrow the Governments!

And watch BARRY COOPERS NEVER GET BUSTED videos!

I think his videos are full of great info, that would bolster this subject perfectly.

in my town we have some teenagers trying to sell-when i say teenagers i mean high schoolers and middle schoolers-these little pricks have no morals and will snitch even if they dont get caught. then they have the "confidence" to talk in public and on their own phones using the terms bud, and weed!!! if this is the future we are royaly fucked.

This is something a lot of people take for granted out where I am. They think they won't get busted, but there are plenty of busts here.

Here are my best rules for making sure you're not going to get caught:

*Don't tell anyone you grow - Really, we all have a chatty friend and they will tell anyone about you, even if they think they're being sneaky about it.

*Use cash - Whenever possible, use cash when you're buying things. This isn't always possible, but it's certainly not going to hurt to put away the credit card.

*Walk to your grow shop - Park away from the grow shops in your area and walk to them so that if anyone is looking at the cars out front, they won't see yours.

*Get a license to grow - Seriously, if you want to grow and you're ready to commit to doing it, why not just see whether you can get a license?

New Zealand has a company called "Switched on Gardener" they had a jingle that pretty much said "We help you hide your dope growning". For about 2 years the cops watched them and EVERYONE who ever bought of them, they then compiled a list of the biggest buyers and busted 100's of people for growing "cash crops" and 100's more for personal growning. The worst part about it was the company was busted for growing weed themselves. Now, they MUST record EVERY SINGLE sale; including the names, addresses and contact numbers of the people that buy stuff. ID is required to prove who you are. Its safe to say, its not safe to buy from them.

Happy growing y'all. :tokin:

And never forget officers will still use illegal tactics to gather evidence on you. They just can't use that evidence to convict you in a court. FLIR is illegal but they still use it to see if they're on the right track. They will record your phone conversations and that isn't even illegal any more.
I beat this drum all the time but it really is one of the easiest and most important way to fight back. Get on these juries. Make it very expensive for a district attorney to try and convict our fellow brothers. If they can't get convictions they will have to stop terrorizing us.

It seems like it trouble starts when your neighbors of the grow house start complaining.
If your cool to the locals and don't sell your good to go. Never heard of anyone getting busted for posting online.

Soon as neigbors flag you to the cops they will do whatever they can to find out whats going on!

Selling for a living is a losing proposition. I am glad folks do it, as I can't always grow. But you sell you have to deal with people smaller than you on the police food chain. If they get busted they are rewarded with liberty by ratting you out. Take into consideration that a buyer may not always be happy with you or your price and you are totally fucked. There is not much honor when they are taking someone to jail. Girl friends and ex wives love to have to last word and in their world it is honorable to fuck over a man in a dispute to win at any cost.

Loose lips do sink ships - too true. Found that one out the hard way.....

I've been looking into equipment now that's going to be as low profiel as possible. Ballasts seem to be a good starting point, I think. I didn't realize that badass ballasts from AN actually have lower RF interference so that sounds like it would be somethign that would help lower my growing profile. Plus they also use less energy, from what I can tell from the techno speak, so it sounds like that's an easier way to cut back on my electrical bills too.

That and I try to buy my equipment with cash. That seems to be a good way to keep things as hidden as I can.

Thanks fro the ideas everyone...

When you buy equipment and mutes, dump trash in a dumpster off site. Garbage at the curb becomes public property, not subject to search and seizure laws.
If you have law enforcement contact for other things, you have a problem. Once they start looking at you, they have all the time in the world. Don't speed, drink, fight,etc. be very cool, low profile means everything you do looks normal.

Blend in to the point of becoming invisible meaning that those who are all the same are not noticed. Be a shadow. Don't draw attention to yourself. Make your house look like the other houses in your neighborhood.

AF sent me this article, I'm not sure the author, but it's good stuff to know:
In any war, intelligence--information about the enemy--lays the groundwork for attack. So, the less police know about growers the better. Law enforcement collects most of the information about the enemy from the enemy. By controlling their activities and surroundings, growers minimize what law enforcement knows about them and the accompanying aftermath. Your activities--where you go, how you go there, what you buy, how you pay for it, who you talk to, what you say--are all things you can control. Your surroundings--your home, growroom, outside property, electrical use, air quality, and visitors--are also parts of your environment that you are able to control.

Never trust anybody, not friends, not family, not even your own children or mother! US conspiracy laws make it possible to jail victims for what they say or what is said about them. America reminds me of Cuba is this regard. A few years ago while visiting the forbidden island, I was amazed to find so many parallels between Cuba and the United States. One of the most striking similarities the two countries share is the fact that what you say or what is said about you can land you in jail!

When it comes to war, you can throw out the Constitution and The Bill of Rights. As federal Judge Jack Shanstrom told the jury before deliberation on the Jodie Israel marijuana-conspiracy case, "an overt act does not itself have to be unlawful. A lawful act may be an element of a conspiracy if it was done for the purpose of carrying out the conspiracy. The government is not required to prove that the defendant personally did one of the overt acts. Once you have decided that the defendant was a member of the conspiracy, the defendant is responsible for what other conspirators said or did to carry out the conspiracy, whether or not the defendant knew what they said or did."

The Judge continued: "A defendant's knowledge of and participation in a conspiracy may be inferred from circumstantial evidence and from evidence of the defendant's action. Acts which seem otherwise innocent, when viewed in the context of the surrounding circumstances, may justify an inference of complicity."

The most dangerous places to visit or telephone include other growrooms, stores that cater to indoor gardeners, and anywhere illegal drugs are being used. Although very tempting, avoid visiting other growrooms. You never know when or how they are being monitored by law enforcement. Your presence at another growroom could tie you to it. Testimony by the grower could implicate you and your grow operation even if they've never been to your garden!

Using your telephone is an obvious no-no! Technology today makes tracking telephone numbers and their locations very easy. Use a pay telephone to make calls when it involves a garden. A case involving a police department that subpoenaed telephone company records of a garden store is currently being heard in federal court. Phone records showed the telephone numbers that were used to call the store. Narcs tracked these numbers down and watched the homes where they were located. More than 1000 arrests resulted! Was the police action legal? The courts are determining that now. Meanwhile, a thousand POWs were taken over a four-year period. Who knows how many police stations are using these same tactics?

When calling or visiting an indoor garden store, never, ever mention marijuana or anything illegal. Do not allude to growing anything illegal. They will be forced to kick you out or hang up immediately.

Stories abound about narcs watching garden-store parking lots and following clients home. You never know when law enforcement will bring the battlefield to the parking lot. Assume they are there. If you must go to a dangerous place, do not go there regularly and do not drive your own car. Take public transportation or go in a car not registered to you or anybody in your family.

Cash tells no tales and leaves no trails. Pay for all purchases relating to the growroom in cash. If you must order something by mail or UPS, pay with a money order that was purchased in cash. Avoid the convenience of using a credit card. Even if it's someone else's, you immediately become a bargaining chip for them if they have any legal problems.

Do not take photos of your garden that show incriminating evidence such as peoples faces, tattoos or anything traceable, such as telephone or license-plate numbers, addresses on a letter, etc. When taking photographs to be developed, do not list your telephone number or address on the receipt. Pay for the photos in cash and do not drive your car to the store.

If you live in the United States, never, never, ever show your growroom to anybody! Do not tell anybody you are growing or have ever grown! Always deny growing. Such information in the hands of someone else renders you powerless. The word "friend" rolls off the tongue so easily until the "friend" is interrogated by law enforcement. Two of the major weapons cops have in their arsenal are deception and intimidation. They lie and intimidate petrified growers to extort information from them.

When a grower is arrested, they are interrogated--not like in the movies, but for real. The interrogation is not over one or two sessions. It often goes on for months. During this time, the accused (without being proved guilty) is coerced into providing information about other growers. Even if they do not know anything about those growers, they are pressured to make up information so the police can use this erroneous information to secure search warrants. Guilt by association has blindsided more than one grower.
A jealous, spiteful or vindictive friend, lover or enemy has complete control over you and your future if they know you are growing. Imagine, just on the whim of a snitch, your life can be changed forever. I met a grower who was cultivating marijuana as medicine to ease the side effects of chemotherapy he was receiving. His vindictive daughter forced him to grow a bigger crop than he needed, sell the excess and pay her the proceeds in exchange for not ratting him out. I could feel the pain in the poor man's words when he told me the story.

Once law enforcement has stumbled across evidence, received solicited evidence from spiteful snitches or coerced evidence from freaked-out friends trying to save themselves, they go out and look for information by subpoena, phone records, electric records, shopping records, etc., and then deploy more sophisticated snoop tactics, most often dogs trained to sniff marijuana.

All that I've got to say is have a lawyer, be prepared. Cops are sneaky, be sneakier. Get a big dog, and have a secured property. Make sure that no one can get in unless you let them in, including cops. Be safe brothers and sisters, and Overgrow the Governments!

sto coltivando clandestinamente 3 belle signore non lo sa nessuno per ora e andato tutto bene penso perche nessuno ne e a conoscjienza ma questo non e giusto avevo 8 femmine 5 femmine ho dovuto tagliarle per la sicurezza sto avendo problemi da quando ho seminato mi sento clandestino pure io tutto di nascosto sto facendo ma poi cosa sto facendo di cosi grave? io la uso e non e una droga a me non da assuefazione e nemmeno dipendenza le sigarette invece mi creano molta dipendenza anche l alcol mi crea molta dipendenza pure il gioco d azzardo mi crea piu dipendenza decine di cose mi creano molta piu dipendenza io fumo solo e basta non bevo non gioco mi sento molto discriminato IO FUMO SOLO CANNE e se me la coltivo (sono alla prima coltivazione )non infrango nessuna legge mentre se la compro al mercato nero (da 20 anni oramai) ne ho dati di soldi alla criminalita stasera un ubriaco commentava quelli che fumano le canne sono drogati questa persona se non beve 2 litri di alcool al giorno entra in astinenza anche la societa mi discrimina ma prima o poi vinceremo io lotto per la legalizzazione totale in tutto il mondo se mi arrestano mi dichiaro prigioniero politico ma poi scusate estirpare una signora cosi non e un sacrilegio? e in fioritura da 12 giorni
SDC100571.JPG
]

Good article, every newbie grower should read this.
A lot of the article is irrelevant to those of us growing in the UK where its just plain illegal no matter what but the basic premise still stands.
All the tales of Police searching for hot spots with helicopters is total BS in the UK, I have an Uncle in drug enforcement and he said 'no cash strapped force will waste funds putting a chopper up looking for a hot roof when they may just have a herpetologist to investigate'
If the Police are checking your house with these methods its because they already have suspicions that you are a big time grower, anything under 20 plants does not interest them, they only want the big growers where the court case is outweighed by the possible value of plants they confiscate.
The vast majority of busts here occur due to the grower being stupid and drawing unnecessary attention to them selves.
Fires due to bad wiring or overloaded circuits will result in the Fire Brigade being called by an anxious neighbour and your crop being discovered.
Bright lights at night can be a dead give away and light proofing your grow room is of utmost importance.
Strong odours escaping a house is another common cause of being caught out, only last month an off duty copper smelt Cannabis as he walked past a set of flats in a street in our town centre and was back the following day in an official capacity and it resulted in a bust that made national news, every room on all 3 stories of the building had been converted into grow spaces, a Vietnamese gang was cultivating thousands of plants and now can expect lengthy jail terms. Use a carbon filter folks.
The single most common reason for growers being busted in the UK is due to them telling too many people.
I know how pride over our crop makes us want to 'show off' how well we have done but as the article says you only need one pissed up mate to start blabbing down the boozer and suddenly every body knows your business.
A small handful of my friends know I grow but only my Wife and I know where, if the Police were to turn up at my house they would find nothing, I work on a principle of total paranoia and for that reason I have been growing for several years with no interest from the law.
I have friends in a well known motorcycle club who have a saying '3 men can keep a secret if 2 of them are dead!'
Be safe, keep quiet.

io fumo da molti anni e sul lavoro non lo sapeva nessuno poi la ditta per adeguarsi alle nuove leggi fa fare dei controlli ai quali risulto positivo al THC per 5 mesi non ho piu potuto svolgere il mio lavoro ma se e da 15 anni che lo faccio senza mai un problema ma per la legge improvvisamente non sono piu idoneo allora mi sono licenziato perche e assurdo non capisco perche e cosi demonizzata si crea solo disparita sociale e conseguenze negative per tutti posso capire i poliziotti che mi scoprono le piante e si fanno ritrarre sul giornale con le piante estirpate esibite come trofei ma il giudice essendo persona colta con quale coscenza puo condannare ma non vedono che sino milioni di consumatori bisognerebbe tutti insieme riunirsi e fare una mega coltivazione collettiva come disobbedienza per esempio dovrebbero arrestare 1000 persone anche perche senza documenti ecc ecc io personalmente fumo mezzo grammo al giorno penso che con 100 200 grammi bastano per tutto l anno mi basta 1 pianta non ho spese la pianto nell orto mi costa come una pianta di insalata chi mi puo per favore spiegare che danno arreco?

Some are asking about posting to this website; has its court obtainables offshore. No Worries. :tokin:

Back
Top Bottom