What are the Different Types of High Associated with Indica, Sativa and Hybrid Strain

SmokeyMacPot

Indica plants have a heavy, stony high that is relaxing and can help different medical problems, such as pain.

Sativa plants have an energetic, cerebral high which can stimulate brain activity and motivation.

Hybrid strains have a combination of both Indica and Sativa highs which are relative to strain ratio.

Author: MedMan

Re: What are the Different Types of High Associated with Indica, Sativa and Hybrid St

I understand that when you harvest to get a more Sativa you harvest earlier is the true? If so, can you explain? Me, give me Sativa! :yummy:
Cat:thanks:

Re: What are the Different Types of High Associated with Indica, Sativa and Hybrid St

By now you know what trichomes are and how the chemicals in them evolve from producing a head high to a body high over a couple of weeks. You also know that the pistils on your buds change color from white to reddish-brown as the window of harvest opens and closes, as well as what type of high to expect depending on the percentage of new and mature pistils. Throughout the window of harvest, you took small buds from the middle of the plant, quick dried them, then tested them out to determine the type of high you want your crop to give you. Now, you can harvest your plants with confidence in knowing that they will be loaded with resin that produces just the right kind of high you were looking for. Enjoy your harvest! And I think you may of read this, Right? Trichome development and harvest time: how to get the best high

Thank you and have a wonderful "ThanksGiving".

Indica plants have a heavy, stony high that is relaxing and can help different medical problems, such as pain.

Sativa plants have an energetic, cerebral high which can stimulate brain activity and motivation.

Hybrid strains have a combination of both Indica and Sativa highs which are relative to strain ratio.

Author: MedMan

Hi I am new to this, and happy to be here! Thank-you for the post as I have always wondered why I get different highs. This is good info!!!I am all for the legalization of marijuana, but I disagree w/the idea of government regulation, as I feel that pot is just another herb! People should be able to grow buy and use herbs w/out gov. regulation, taxation, etc. No person should have to get a referral from a doctor, either, to use an herb!

The Weed, In my experience the pistols generally turn a bit sooner then the trichomes. If you want to harvest by trichome analyses the only way to do it is by the trichomes and nothing else. Hairs, leaf color, bud color, these are all things that vary from strain to strain and when they happen throughout a plants life cycle. Associating any one with trichome maturity would give you variance of actual maturity from strain to strain. With that said, I have tried harvesting my herb through trichome maturity and I find that the best judge is feeling out the plant itself. I find my herb is psychoactive enough with little to no amber, and almost all milky. Its a preference thing when some one chooses to harvest, learn each strain and what you want out of it, then choose when to harvest.

By now you know what trichomes are and how the chemicals in them evolve from producing a head high to a body high over a couple of weeks. You also know that the pistils on your buds change color from white to reddish-brown as the window of harvest opens and closes, as well as what type of high to expect depending on the percentage of new and mature pistils. Throughout the window of harvest, you took small buds from the middle of the plant, quick dried them, then tested them out to determine the type of high you want your crop to give you. Now, you can harvest your plants with confidence in knowing that they will be loaded with resin that produces just the right kind of high you were looking for. Enjoy your harvest! And I think you may of read this, Right? Trichome development and harvest time: how to get the best high
Excellent information , The weed !! I did just what you're saying, 2 years ago, but I went a step further. I had 12 seeds and I grew them 4 plants per grow, and smoke tested them all for my preference, and I regenerated that plant and cloned, cloned and did I say cloned. My greenest !!

I understand that when you harvest to get a more Sativa you harvest earlier is the true? If so, can you explain? Me, give me Sativa! :yummy:
Cat:thanks:

This I'm SURE i have handle on - if most strains are hybrids, the trichomes will tell you "harvest time" to get the most U want out of Ur plants: max med benefits? When trichs go amber or red THC is breaking down (sounds bad) or converting to CBD(cannabidiol) no longer psychoactive but beautifully sedating or in recreational use "couch lock" or "body stone". If conditions permit, harvest LATE as U can for the Best Phoenix Tears - health treatment - & less high!
Easier to take larger dosages.

For a better head high, less body stone, harvest when U 1st see 1 or 2 percent amber trichomes; Indica = BestMed !
Sativa = best fun head high (I play poker til sunup whilst hammering vapes for hours a bestofmycareer Sativa ! s'trooth!

To see trichomes/tricomes you need a 30x m'scope - best looks like a ballpen
don't get 1 looks like a toy w/light. The FATPEN microscope works in sunlight or close desklight!

Can I grow sativa indoor

Abslosurely - You can grow pretty much anything indoors, and Sativa is kewl, with some qualifiers - Sativas, genetically, grow much taller in natural (outdoor) gardens, so indoors, one gets gangly, long-branched,tall plants and your colas (main buds) will be large but loose, not as firm & compact as an Indica strain. There are steps one can take to reduce overall height and to improve yield and have lots of fun + a good smoke or MedCanna extracts.

No. 1 tip: keep your babies as close to the lights as possible (don't burn while vegging-check w/your lighting supplier) so's not to make the plants "reach" for as much light as they want (they always want max. ev't'ing, they're girls!)

#2 tip: never over-feed or over-water NEver never ever don't do it! plus "KeepKleen"

#3: Top your girls after the fifth(5th) set of branches! - please watch on-line vids for "topping/fimming", and opt for "fim" - you'll be delighted!

#4: "Lollipop" your girls after 6-8 weeks! - please watch on-line vids.

#5: Practice "LST" during veg. growth, or "HST" 2-3 wk. after flipping to 12/12 hr. lighting! - pls. watch vids.

#6: Think about "super-cropping" or "monster super-cropping" and SCROG - SCROGging is terrific if you have
room enough and lights enough and if you're growing for yourself and not for trafficking or profit!

My biggest tip of all is "Just do it!" and with Love - it matters - and have fun!

All you need to learn is on-line and a great purchase is "CANNABIS HORTICULTURE - the MedicalGrowersBible"
by Jorge Cervantes.

Peace Light Love Truth i am a dave

ina 5 x 2 room im usig 2, 5 gallon pro pots they are made of some material to keep it moist anyway, my mix is 30 % cow manure composted 30% perlite 3 0% peat moss10% vermiculite, i mixed it im letting it sit for some days before i place my seedling in it .. my question here is.. what do i feed it? do i add anything else to the soil? its my first grow i plan on using 400 w hps indoor, and lst training it and maybe scrog it for a bit. how often should i feed it? and what should i feed it at which stage please respond in detail much appreciated!

So I dont understand, I read that "if you harvest earlier in the window your buds tend to produce more of a cerebral head high, an effect much more pronounced in Sativas than Indicas", Why is an effect much more pronunced in sativas than indicas?, you can harvest earlier in the window your indica buds and they will tend to produce more of a cerebral high too... So that's my first question.
I read this too: "If you choose to harvest later in the window, your buds produce more of a body high, which is conversely more pronounced in Indicas than in Sativas."Why is conversely more pronounced in indicas?, you can harvest later in the window your sativa buds and they´ll produce more of a body high... So that´s my other question. I hope you can help me to get this clear thanks interesting post

So I dont understand, I read that "if you harvest earlier in the window your buds tend to produce more of a cerebral head high, an effect much more pronounced in Sativas than Indicas", Why is an effect much more pronunced in sativas than indicas?, you can harvest earlier in the window your indica buds and they will tend to produce more of a cerebral high too... So that's my first question.
I read this too: "If you choose to harvest later in the window, your buds produce more of a body high, which is conversely more pronounced in Indicas than in Sativas."Why is conversely more pronounced in indicas?, you can harvest later in the window your sativa buds and they´ll produce more of a body high... So that´s my other question. I hope you can help me to get this clear thanks interesting post

This is a very simple and clear way to tell the difference

ina 5 x 2 room im usig 2, 5 gallon pro pots they are made of some material to keep it moist anyway, my mix is 30 % cow manure composted 30% perlite 3 0% peat moss10% vermiculite, i mixed it im letting it sit for some days before i place my seedling in it .. my question here is.. what do i feed it? do i add anything else to the soil? its my first grow i plan on using 400 w hps indoor, and lst training it and maybe scrog it for a bit. how often should i feed it? and what should i feed it at which stage please respond in detail much appreciated!
You are better getting ph perfect slow release dry amendments gaia green 444 and bloom as all you need

Back
Top Bottom