What are these called

gloman

Hi,
This is kind of a dumb question probably but here goes
While making some RSO, there were what looked like tiny seeds about the size of a poppy seed floating in the center of the boiling bud material.

Are these actually seeds? They were soft when I pulled some out of the mix, but sure looked like seeds.
I have gotten a FEW fully developed seeds from this plant, but by a few, I mean like 5 seeds out of about a half pound.

Any ideas?

Boiling bud material ? So you were boiling it down before straining ?

Well, no, what I do, is I get the everclear warm, put my course ground buds in there & set that jar in boiling water till the everclear starts to boil, then I smoosh it around with a wooden spoon & pour it through a couple coffee filters & repeat with fresh everclear.
Combine the two extracts & put on a warmer with a small fan blowing over the top of a small shallow dish until all the everclear is gone.
small bubbles will start to form in the oil to tell you it's done on the warmer.
Then I pull the oil up into a syringe & load gel caps.
There's all kinds of wax's & everything in it too, but that's ok for my meds.
1 oil cap a day or 4 canna caps a day seems to help keep the doctor away, & I like that.

My guess is they are small seeds. The filter process should of removed all debris unless some spilled in by accident. It still should be ok though. Just curious though if the fan blew in some debris?

My guess is they are small seeds. The filter process should of removed all debris unless some spilled in by accident. It still should be ok though. Just curious though if the fan blew in some debris?
Well, I figured it out.
Don't know the names of the parts, but where the seed is formed, if pollinated, is a little (for lack of a better term)bulbous sheath where the "hairs" come out of. Well, these all group up together in the middle of the pot when simmering in everclear. I say simmering cuz it's not really a boil, but is moving. The heat need not be very high. everclear boils at a low temp.
Anyway, they are what turns into the seed.

Back
Top Bottom