What are these small white spots on my seedling? Please help!

215BegginingGrower

Im new To growing and I have one particular question about my new weed plant. There are these white tiny spots along the first two leaves that sprouted and I’m neverous if there is something I’m missing. I use a desk Lamp with blue light at 100W about 4/5 inches away from the plant in a make-shift box with aluminum foil wrapped around except for the bottom where the plant sits. Please help I’m new to growing
Start date of transplanting from germination - July 25th 2018
Present picture - today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 1,779
Im new To growing and I have one particular question about my new weed plant. There are these white tiny spots along the first two leaves that sprouted and I’m neverous if there is something I’m missing. I use a desk Lamp with blue light at 100W about 4/5 inches away from the plant in a make-shift box with aluminum foil wrapped around except for the bottom where the plant sits. Please help I’m new to growing
Start date of transplanting from germination - July 25th 2018
Present picture - today
Take a look under the leaf and see if there are black spots where the white spots are at the top. If so thems spidermites. If not I dont know :D peace

It’s within the leaf itself

Then, you should be fine. If it rubbed off, I'd worry about Powdery Mildew but as long as it's in the cotyledons themselves, as @Blew Hiller said, no need to worry.

I grow indoors is that possible to have indoor spider mites? And if so how to get rid of them for future reference

Yes, you can get spider mites inside and they are most active in warm weather. Spinosad (see "Captain Jack's Dead Bug" at one of the home centers) or any other OMRI listed miticide works. Neem is mildly effective as a preventative.

So disregard the discoloration because those two leaves will die anyway?

Yes. Those very first rounded leaves that emerge are called the "cotyledons". They're just providing some initial nourishment for the seedling until it develops roots and is able to uptake it's own nutrients. They will yellow and die by the time you hit the 3-5th node and don't be alarmed if it happens quicker! ;)

Back
Top Bottom