What are these spots on my leaves?

KuShOnDecK

I have two outdoor plants that are flowering and noticed that they both have white spots on the leaves... I think they might be spider mites but not sure.. Can anyone shed some light on this for me??

imagejpeg_2_7.jpg
imagejpeg_2_5.jpg
imagejpeg_2_4.jpg

Re: What are these spots on my leaves??

Looks alot like mite damage. I can see some type of bugs in the third pic that almost look to big for spider mites. Is there any webs?

That looks like an extreme mite infestation.
Are you able to take macro shots of the underside of a leaf? or look with a magnifier?
if thats mites, you will most likely see lots of little crawlies under there.

Re: What are these spots on my leaves??

Looks alot like mite damage. I can see some type of bugs in the third pic that almost look to big for spider mites. Is there any webs?

I went Out of town for two days and thats what I came back to...alot of white spots on both plants...

When I checked the plants there were no visible bugs on it but I did notice some webbing on one or two fan leaves...

It broke my heart to see them in this condition when I returned from out of town... Do they really spread that fast?? Im new to growing And these two plants are my first outdoor grows.. it would really suck for them to be ruined.

I read that soaking three ciggs in water overnight and then boiling them can save my plant if sprayed on to it 3 to 4 times a week but I'd like to hear more about that remedy before I try it..

That looks like an extreme mite infestation.
Are you able to take macro shots of the underside of a leaf? or look with a magnifier?
if thats mites, you will most likely see lots of little crawlies under there.

I actually took those pics with my phone...not sure that It has a Macro mode..
And I let My sister borrow my digicam..

However, I did find some webbing underneath some leaves.. :-(

could be powdery mill dew. Hard to tell with the pics.

Either way, get some neem. Get a wetting agent, I like SM-90. Spray the tops and bottoms of the leaves with the mix.

Dyna-Grow or Green Light or two products I use for neem concentrate. Azatrol and azamax are also kept in the house (one or the other) and are a more concentrated form of neem. Any will help with mildew, or with pests, and is much safer for human consumption (seeing you are in flower).

I'd give them a good soaking first thing in the a.m just before the sun is up. I would also see about running an extension cord out there, and hooking up a normal sized fan. More win would help fight bugs, or mildew, so would be overall good for the plant.

Has it been humid lately? Warm? maybe foggy in the am? Powdery Mildew is fairly common.

Best of luck.

Powdery Mildew is actually numerous different fungi strains, all called Powdery Mildew. PM is mainly spread through the wind in tiny spores.

These spores can survive winters, live on dead leaves, lay dormant for long period of time, etc. It's a stubborn sob that doesn't like to die, just needs to be controlled.

High wind, direct sun, low humidity would all help. Neem is a great treatment.

I have similar looking spots but there is less of them and they are not so close together. My plants are still in veg. Are there any other causes besides mildew and spider mites?

Residue from water which is heavy in calcium.

Did you ever resolve this issue? I noticed those spots on a few leaves and never saw a mite. I am fairly new to growing and I (think) I have only seen a couple mites... I sprayed w/ neem and I had no issues afterwards....weird...

Back
Top Bottom