What are these?

Charmanderrr

Hey everyone, Charmander here.
What are these tiny bugs? They move like a tiny caterpillar the way they bend. I’ve never seen one bigger than this, but I’ve seen many of these. The bug is circled in the 1st picture. They leave marks all over the leaves seen in the second picture. There’s about 1 per leaf when I find them, rarely I see 2 on one leaf at a time. I’ve also seen what looks like a mucus with black spots in it on some. I didn’t see any when I took the pictures. They tend to hide in the midrib of the lead when I find em
im sorry I can’t get a better picture of the bugs with my phone. I also do not have a hand held microscope thingy.
please help me identify and get rid of, I’d be eternally grateful. ps. I ripped the leaf on accident in the second picture, that not bug damage.

EA470D6E-4878-4FB8-9E2F-BA7DA1A384A0.jpeg
B7603803-01BE-44EB-91F7-5BD026D71440.jpeg

Are you in flower? If not I would use Neem oil on them. As far as what they are, I lean more towards Thrips. Spider mites don't move like worms. Check the under side of the leaf. Get a magnifying app for your phone. I sorry but can not recommend one because I don't need one. I have seen others say they use them.

Yes you can do soap and there are recipes out there. Just not sure about using when flowering starts. There are others that could answer if you should. I would hate to say yes, and find out it spoiled the finished bud. More about the length of time you need to use it and if that would affect the grow.

I will say this... If this were my grow, and I had no back up plants, I would do what I had at my hands to fix it. If you leave it alone it will only get worse. It will also infect other plants in your grow. I would isolate it until you can decide what way to go.

Looks like thrips to me. Use SNS-203. It works wonders. I spray 2x a day (right before lights on and about 4 hours before lights off) for 3 days. After that spray 1x every other day. You can use it up until harvest but I try to stop 2 weeks ahead of time if the infestation is under control.

You could, I would sprinkle Diatomaceous earth on the top of the soil now, Later when grow is done, mix some into the new soil for the next grow.

I seriously doubt Mart of Wal carries SNS, you could look up gold bullion or Sherman tank and it would show up as in stock since they web link to every product under the sun just to drive business to the store.

You can reuse soil but now that ya got critters would be wise to oven sterilize at 220F for 30 to 40 minutes unless you want to meet their progeny next time around

Back
Top Bottom