What causes glossy & fake seeming leaves?

ptk2k

i've grown a few indicas with these real dark, glossy leaves. almost like a fake plant. i love it. just curious if anyone knows what causes this?-- here is a Candy in my grow (caramello x cheese) with some of the top leaves looking just as i described! love it!
ffe6877a07e911818060b42a1ddeab80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

That looks freaking awesome.. I'd love to know also.. it feels like a stress point at the end, when they finishing up but I've noticed with foliage feeding in veg it can happen and I'm not sure if it's a waxy coating to protect itself, not sure.. I've seen some write that it's a sign of premium health but I'm not sure about this, just going by how it can be achieved.. my sour d a couple months ago went from that waxy to gloss plastic, looked great...

i've grown a few indicas with these real dark, glossy leaves. almost like a fake plant. i love it. just curious if anyone knows what causes this?-- here is a Candy in my grow (caramello x cheese) with some of the top leaves looking just as i described! love it!
ffe6877a07e911818060b42a1ddeab80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

That's a Phosphorus deficiency

Pure. Potent. Vapor.

image37952.jpg

This photo I think shows the glossy I mean..this not from phos def or heat stress.. curious on the wax/shine..

I mostly associate it (rightly or wrongly) with coco grows- seem to have that waxy look a lot.
I've always had it in mind that it's the look of a plant that's totally driven to the performance max on the nute levels, running like a finely tuned engine, almost overloaded but still in perfect health because it's environmental conditions are well dialed in, and it's getting flushed regularly by way of extra runoff, no salts buildup.
I think I just pulled this idea out of my ass...

Sour d photo was in soil on 'organic' bottled nutes.. foliar feed first two weeks of flower. Tent was misted to keep up humidity.. loving the dried flowers she gave me :passitleft::bong:

Back
Top Bottom