What causes this?

timsutim

420 Member
Hello 420 fellow... fellas

This is my first grow, and i didnt do all the research before i started growing.. I was convinced growing indoor was given the term "hydroponic", to my surprise i was comepletely wrong, I now know it's growing plants without soil <- indication to how big a retard i am.

Now, my question: What causes this to happen to my leaves? :( they are bending sharply, not drooping too much. They appear to have a lot of little white thingy things, but i dont think it's spidermites or that sort of thing, purely based on the humidity, which is quiet low (30-35 percent). It's hard to see in my pictures, but they are also starting to have a white thin egde, and the leaves are dark green.. towards the blue i'd say. take a look for your self.

h7qAtgk.jpg
fq3HncB.jpg
dhn14Wp.jpg
c3z3BdV.jpg
bJQNv39.jpg
ALoZIUf.jpg
C3njKlJ.jpg

Thanks. :Namaste:

edit: Im feeding it the recommended 1 gram pr. liter greenhouse powder nutrient

edit: dammit.. i posted this in the wrong category.. I'm so sorry.. it's supposed to be under the problem, pest and control thingy thing.

A couple thoughts...

The plant looks fine for the most part, genetics will
Cause some weird behaviors sometimes. Also, there is not really any need for nutes the first few weeks, but that's up to the grower and what their plants tell them.

Glad to have you here, good luck!

Okay, okay.. I see! Thank you so much Jesse. I can also tell you the plant is 20 days old, so i only recently started with the nutes.

Ey daTenshi,

This makes me very happy to hear. I might just be overly..... excited, and fiddling too much with it. Thank you very much!!

if it is any consolation it took me 18 years to stop making mistakes. In doing what I thought I was suppose to do, and not what the plant wanted me to do. With internet and sites like these you will have a lot of help and resources.

These two here are 21 days old.... and it is not that I am great or figured it all out. It is the strains genetics and I have applied a few things or recognize (finally) what they want me to do.....

Untitled193.jpg

Untitled222.jpg

NorthTop.jpg

crop_North.jpg

These are the same plants on November 1st

doubleTroublejpg.jpg

you will learn with some time and remember they are smarter then we are. Plus it is called weed for a reason, they are tough and we baby them. Enjoy the ride and give yourself some time to grow good roots also ...Peace

:420::goodjob:

if it is any consolation it took me 18 years to stop making mistakes. In doing what I thought I was suppose to do, and not what the plant wanted me to do. With internet and sites like these you will have a lot of help and resources.

These two here are 21 days old.... and it is not that I am great or figured it all out. It is the strains genetics and I have applied a few things or recognize (finally) what they want me to do.....

Untitled193.jpg

Untitled222.jpg

NorthTop.jpg

crop_North.jpg

These are the same plants on November 1st

doubleTroublejpg.jpg

you will learn with some time and remember they are smarter then we are. Plus it is called weed for a reason they are tough and we baby them. Enjoy the ride and give yourself some time to grow good roots also ...Peace

:420::goodjob:

Hey goofyfoot.

Thank you for the reference pictures.. Yours are a hella of a lot bigger than mine :eek: damn.
I will definetly take your advice, read up some more, and just see what the plant is telling me.. It all sounds much simpler than it really is tho :/ - this is my first grow, so i wont be too sad if it doesn't go as well as i hoped!

Hey MadHatterJack,

Well.. The light distance in the picture was 22", i've since moved it down to 18", and they seem to grow a little faster now. For the light, im using a 300w viperspectra, with 135 true watt draw'ish.. I have another one of them laying around, but my electric bill is already a lil' steep. I was having a little darkened leafs, but after some inspection and some research, i figured out it probably wasn't because the light distance was too close to begin with!

My first 3 grows did not go very well for me and I would ONLY guest your plants are feminized seeds? My plants are from Autoflower seeds. They grow faster.. well ALOT FASTER!! but yours have the opportunity to grow a lot more juicy buds. Point being they are different plants requiring I learn to do things different then you.

You can hold your lights on time to get yours as big as you want, I can not. It is the plants making the rules and it is something that needs more then one grow, to figure out. If it helps grow 2 of the same seeds the next time. Do one by what the "book" said to do and the other one with what your gut say`s to do. This will help you get the most or more like. It will give your plants in the future the best opportunity to be bigger and healthier. Good luck with this one and all the rest in your time to come!!!

They are a lot more fun then a bowl of goldfish!! more like children ...Peace.....

:420::high-five:

Hey goofyfoot,

You are right. And thats a great great idea.. plating two of the same seed, to see how much they differ by doing what, when and how. And hahahaha goldfish isn't even on the same playing field. this is hella fun!! I'm also afraid of watering my plants too much.. i read all about that 20-30% run-off, and i think that sounds craaazy. :D oh well, thank you so much for tips and tricks!

the next time you water them remember or write down how much liquid you applied. Wait at least 12 hours and put them on a bathroom scale if you have one. In 3 then 5 days weight them again but also hold them to get a "feel" for the before and after weights. This will help you figure out how much they are drinking, but this is only helpful if you are using soil.

Or what I still do is get a set of chop sticks and stick one straight down till you can just pull it out. About 2/3rd`s the way out from center. After you water them wait one day and pull it out and look at it. It will be muddy and wet. Putting it back in the same whole wont bother the roots. Do this everyday and you will see less dirt and just how wet it is. In 3 or 4 days only the bottom will be wet. Kind of like the dip stick to check your car oil.

This is just little simple shit you can do to teach yourself and get a better feel and understanding of your grow. I learned to grow outdoors for the first 10 -15 years. I have only been inside for the last 5, so I have a lot of knowledge. But like each plant I had to learn what I could apply from outdoors. But a lot was also very different. it is cool as I still learn something everyday. KEEPING`EM GREEN is the most important!!

In fact they are in lights off but I will share a pic later to show you how different the same two plants are in just 2 days from the pic`s I shared.
...Peace.....

:420:
:thumb:

damn goofyfoot, you have a lot of smart tricks up your sleeve. So i can understand in soil you water every 3-5 day, depending on how wet/dry your soil, is by what you're saying. I have heard about the lifting method as well, but i always think it feels roughly the same tho.

And yes, please share another picture! I can tell you my plant also have grown a lot since i started this thread. I moved the light a little closer, and watered the soil thoroughly, and it seemed to have helped a lot. It's a lot more... fresh green, and not that dark anymore.

And again, thank you so much for the help and all the great information!

A new picture! It's now 3 weeks old exactly
24099559_10214556160280438_1716899938_n.jpg

These are from the 5 off November. They are royal dwarf. Queen seeds. Do you think there growing OK just look small to me. B has been topped do I have to tie them down for training? Are just let them grow?

yes I shoot for every 3 days and I do it in 3 applications instead of one big splash, it has helped me out by doing this.
I have these 2 plants one is a sativa strain the other is an indica. They where both started at the same time and are the same age. I was giving them each 1500ml of nuit`s solution. I gave each only 500ml then waited 8 hours, then repeated the for the 2nd feed. So with 1 feed left after 16 hours the sativas leaves had the nice V shape to them. Plus where pointing straight up toward the light source.
The indica`s where flat and not so perky so I just gave 500 ml of PH`ed water instead. Had I gave them both one big drink, by the next day the indica would have been stunned because it could not handle the strength of the solution.

I was right on the proper PH and measured exactly what the company`s provided/recommended growth-time-chart said. This avoided having to flush the plant and losing days of veg cycle growth. With an Autoflower they only have so many days of veg cycle. They will start pre-flower by themselves.
Where with your plant if you wanted you could leave at 24 hours on for a whole year. And it would keep on growing without going into flower.

This means any error or stunning them I will never get it back and will have shitty plants. That is why these are so big for 25 days old now. You can do things with yours that you can control, but if you F-up you can correct. As far as topping the top off or LST training (bending and cutting branches). This will shock your plant but you can play with the lights and it wont lessen the yield.

Me, I am screwed....having small plants with shitty buds. This is what I love about growing, I want to do things to help or to improve them. BUT I need to be very careful and I have screwed up things ALOT. Trying to figure this out. So I do water and feed every 3 to 5 days but I also have a small fan blowing directly on them at top speed. So they breath, sweat out the under-side of there leaves easier. They are trembling constantly there is so much air hitting them. Making for very strong stems and tree trunk bottom stems, this in turn builds better a circulation system inside the plant to move the fluids inside.

I would guest you are on the west side in Europe...England?? I am in the USA and I have 2 hours till my LED`s turn back on in my grow. I had pulled and tied the main stem and branches down. On the 21st and today is the 26th. I will add some before and after pic`s and add an explanation why I did this.

I don't recommend you try this with yours, I only take action on my own stuff. There are a bunch of technics out there to do this. What I do, I have not seen ANYONE else do. I have an opinion of how it helps MY situation. I am growing Auto flowers and with straight feminized seeds there are other proven ways to go about this. I am teaching myself how to help the plant get bigger or the most out of what I have to use. And so far so good!! See you a bit later, when they wake up. You wont recognize them!! ...Peace.....

:420: :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom